Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1750 pts pure BA tournament list

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Lynnean

Lynnean

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,545 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords, Exsanguinators
Allrighty lads, my time to uphold the honour of the sons of sanguinius.
1750 pts, limit to 1 faction and only 1 battalion/brigade + max 1 other detachment.
So the plan is to build a brigade.
I came up with the following list:

Sanguinor
Smash; angels wing + artisan of war
Lemartes

3x5 sniperscouts
5 scouts w/ heavy bolter
5 scouts w/ missile launcher
5 plain scouts

10 deathcompany w/ jump packs, 2 thunderhammers
Sanguinary ancient w/ sword, standard of sacrifice
6 sanguinary guard: 4 swords, 2 fists

3 scout bikers w/ sergeant stormbolter
2x1 attack bike with heavy bolter

3x5 devastators w/ cherub, 1 heavy bolter.

Scouts are spread this way because i dont have more plain scouts.

C&c welcome
  • SnorriSnorrison likes this

ETL_VI_Banner_Dominus_Exercitus_Blood_An

SnorriSnorrison

SnorriSnorrison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,072 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
That’s a lot of Dakka! The amount of sniper scouts could actually take out a weaker support char a turn. And well done building a brigade at 1750, I struggle at 2000 points because I want to put everything and then some in haha.

I’d be worried about the lack of heavy firepower though. 1 missile launcher isn’t going to help you out much, I’m afraid.
At this points level and with your command point reserves, having both the Sangguard and the DC in your opponent’s face turn 1 is going to be fun though for sure. For you, anyways.

Snorri
My 2nd Company Blood Angels
WE ARE BLOODIED, BLOODIED YET UNBOWED!

Lynnean

Lynnean

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,545 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords, Exsanguinators

That’s a lot of Dakka! The amount of sniper scouts could actually take out a weaker support char a turn. And well done building a brigade at 1750, I struggle at 2000 points because I want to put everything and then some in haha.

I’d be worried about the lack of heavy firepower though. 1 missile launcher isn’t going to help you out much, I’m afraid.
At this points level and with your command point reserves, having both the Sangguard and the DC in your opponent’s face turn 1 is going to be fun though for sure. For you, anyways.

Snorri

Yup, the heavy firepower is the one thing im worried about. But since its a no soup tournament, i can simply play on objectives vs knights. The alternative was maybe dropping the DC + lemartes for a second smash captain and a vanguard squad.
Not sure about that though. What do you think?

ETL_VI_Banner_Dominus_Exercitus_Blood_An

SnorriSnorrison

SnorriSnorrison

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,072 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Snorri

Yup, the heavy firepower is the one thing im worried about. But since its a no soup tournament, i can simply play on objectives vs knights. The alternative was maybe dropping the DC + lemartes for a second smash captain and a vanguard squad.

Be advised that my experience is limited in 8th. However, I’d say DC are better than Vanvets. More attacks and better synergies with their support characters such as Lemartes or Astorath. The Smashy will only allow re-roll 1s, not all failed hits like the Chaplains.

Personally, I’d try to sneak a few lascannons or missile launchers in on the devastators. They’re only 10/15 points extra to a heavy Bolter.
By switching out both thunderhammers on the DC for fists, you’ve only lost 1-2 damage per weapon, 1 average, but gained 24 points. Then, take the storm Bolter off the scout biker, 26. Another 3 can be gained if the scout missile launcher replaces one of the scouts with sniper rifle and gets a bolt gun scout in his squad. Then you’re only 1 point shy to get 2 lascannons instead of 2 heavy bolters. The missile launchers you can afford at this point already.

Just a thought..

Snorri
My 2nd Company Blood Angels
WE ARE BLOODIED, BLOODIED YET UNBOWED!

Lathspell

Lathspell

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 43 posts

Snorri

Be advised that my experience is limited in 8th. However, I’d say DC are better than Vanvets. More attacks and better synergies with their support characters such as Lemartes or Astorath. The Smashy will only allow re-roll 1s, not all failed hits like the Chaplains.

Personally, I’d try to sneak a few lascannons or missile launchers in on the devastators. They’re only 10/15 points extra to a heavy Bolter.
By switching out both thunderhammers on the DC for fists, you’ve only lost 1-2 damage per weapon, 1 average, but gained 24 points. Then, take the storm Bolter off the scout biker, 26. Another 3 can be gained if the scout missile launcher replaces one of the scouts with sniper rifle and gets a bolt gun scout in his squad. Then you’re only 1 point shy to get 2 lascannons instead of 2 heavy bolters. The missile launchers you can afford at this point already.

Just a thought..

Snorri

I personally prefer Vanvets with stromshields, less attacks but less of a glass cannon, they can be pretty durable if you manage to not fail too many 3++. For the same points of Lemartes an the dc, you can have 10 jumpack vanvets with stormshields, 3 thundehammers, 1 power sword, and a regular chaplain with jumpack.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users