The Kandian Korps

I'm new here, but I figured I'd get a start on my thread and check in. I'm planning on taking the Cadians (for monetary reasons) and re-purposing them to serve as my own regiment the 1st Kandian Rifles.

gallery_168150_15711_54321.png

The overall colour will be darker of their equipment than the traditional Cadians, I imagine the Kandians to be used on dense Boreal worlds with thick coniferous forests. They hail from Neus Kanda, itself a Boreal world covered in pine trees and evergreens. Nobody knows how long the Kandians have lived there, but it is thought to be an ancient world.

gallery_168150_15711_37961.png

I'm going to start with the 5-man Cadian kit and go from there. I think I'll make it a mechanized unit that uses Chimeras heavily.

Edited by cerebralpolicy

Looks good so far. What Regimental tactics do you have in mind? Infantry trained and equipped to fight guerilla warfare (like Catachan), but with a wealth of tanks and self-propelled artillery (like Cadia) modified to deal with Kandia's thick forests? Chainfists may be a good optional weapon, allowing your guardsmen to both cut down trees AND destroy enemy armor in Close Combat.

Welcome to the barracks soldier! :biggrin.: This is a good start, you've got a nice colour scheme and iconography sorted so you're ready to go :smile.: The snap fit 5 man box is a great way to start and experiment with your scheme, have you thought about what paint colours you'll use?

Bjorn has a good idea with theming them after the Catachan a bit; Sentinels would fit the forested theme very well and can have chainblade attachments too. Keep us updated with all your progress :thumbsup:

Welcome to the guard! Glad to see you've already got a plan for the army. If I could offer one suggestion: I'd second Duz's note on the contrast paints. Not that your current scheme needs improving but contrast is just so much faster. If I was starting a guard army right now that is how I would do it. At least for the fatigues and the skin tone, contrast is the way to go. That will free you up to focus in and pick out some details. The great thing about contrast is that you can go back and do edge highlighting and stuff later if you want to but it isnt even really necessary. Whatever route you decide to go, keep us posted! I'm excited to see more and to hear about how your dudes do on the tabletop.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...