Echoes of Eisenstein - upscaling madness with the XIV

Wonderfully weird and creepy.

I love it!

Thanks Valkia, that's the goal with these misfits :wink:

Mission accomplished! You’re continuing to create inspiring models. Works such as these demonstrate how varied and expansive is the 40K universe. Looking forward to see more. 

Wonderfully weird and creepy.

I love it!

Thanks Valkia, that's the goal with these misfits :wink:

Mission accomplished! You’re continuing to create inspiring models. Works such as these demonstrate how varied and expansive is the 40K universe. Looking forward to see more. 

The galaxy is a big place, after all. Don't you worry Shovellovin, another batch of body horror will be coming when I get some Unmade parts to combine with the Electro-Priests that didn't make it in to these guys...

And 'ere we go with the Machine Madness. Enter the Circuit of holy madmen from the Church of the Insatiable Spark, ready and willing to beat some proper grace and divine mercy to the fair folks of the blasted wastelands. Ungrateful bastards, the whole lot, won't even flagellate themselves to bits nor flay themselves bare and skinless for the heavens to judge. Tsk, tsk.

Gameplaywise this octet will work as Harlequins in Kill Team, zipping all over the place like lightning, heedless of pesky terrain while somersaulting from one victim to the next with their esoteric disruption field weaponry.

1131043_sm-.jpg
1131044_sm-.jpg
1131045_sm-.jpg
1131046_sm-.jpg
1131047_sm-.jpg
1131048_sm-.jpg
1131049_sm-.jpg
1131050_sm-.jpg
1131051_sm-.jpg
1131052_sm-.jpg
1131053_sm-.jpg
1131054_sm-.jpg
1131055_sm-.jpg
1131056_sm-.jpg
1131057_sm-.jpg

While the Iron Warriors got a bit of a double-spanking in row from the XIV, they did however discover the famed wisdom of the Panzer of the Lake. Twice they drove their Predator to the shore only to have it blown up by Ancient Hertz' guns, but after all this it did learn to reroll 1's in the future :D

1132458_sm-.jpg

1132459_sm-.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Been a tough spring thus far, with personal and international crises on the rise, but I did finally manage to squeeze some painting in.

The Dancing Circuit of the Church of the Ravenous Spark, M29, dancing on the glowing ashes of Old Earth. Before their eventual demise before the Thunder Legions, their arcane mastery over reality-bending quantum field technologies was feared far and wide amongst the warlords of the era.

1135072_sm-.jpg
1135073_sm-.jpg
1135074_sm-.jpg
1135075_sm-.jpg
1135076_sm-.jpg
1135077_sm-.jpg
1135078_sm-.jpg
1135079_sm-.jpg
1135080_sm-.jpg
1135081_sm-.jpg
1135082_sm-.jpg
1135083_sm-.jpg
1135084_sm-.jpg
1135085_sm-.jpg
1135086_sm-.jpg
1135087_sm-.jpg
1135088_sm-.jpg
1135089_sm-.jpg
1135090_sm-.jpg

Aaah, I see you are a man of culture as well going full-blanchitsu style with this bunch.

Excellent choice:thumbsup:

How could I not, the whole UW shtick screams for some of that!

...though I still do use blue in my colour spread there, as my metals use blue-tinted grey and the skin is shaded with purple like there's no tomorrow, so not at 100% red/brown madness yet :D

• 3 weeks later...

Some long-time readers of this blog might remember that a few years ago I got hold of a bunch of abused Rhinos. One of them was ripped apart and changed into something completely different.

That poor tank has finally gotten the attention it deserved. Roll out, Scorpius '44!

1137425_sm-.jpg
1137426_sm-.jpg
1137427_sm-.jpg
1137428_sm-.jpg
1137429_sm-.jpg
1137430_sm-.jpg

I really like the silhouette of this brutalistic piece of work, though it is still sadly lacking the crewmen. Put a few marines toting lascannons and a mug of joe in there and it's a Plagueburst Crawler just as well :D

The paintjob is a sloppy one-day work, a literal toil of sweat and tears as I also attended a remote funeral of an old friend while preparing for the next day's game. Crying doesn't really help painting details, but hey.

As for that game, the '44 actually survived its first outing! While new model syndrome tends to strike anyway, in this particular case it was even more remarkable since it was a big 3000 point narrative game of urban defence where I was up against a constantly reinforced flood of enemies  :o With a combined force of Iron Warriors and (Blue)Blood Angels crashing against OUR turf, the Echoes rose to the occasion and held out doggedly. Exploding tanks, maimed corpses and falling debris filled the streets, but by the blood-red sunset, the proud banner of skull and black sunburst still flew defiantly over the ruins.

1137433_sm-.JPG
1137434_sm-.JPG
1137435_sm-.JPG
1137436_sm-.JPG
1137437_sm-.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

In the aftermath of the repelled assault on the Death Guard city, siegemaster Aleksy of Iron Warriors is hounded by the vengeful scions of the XIV in the bombed out suburbs. The noose tightens around the Iron Warriors' position. The first wave of light tactical groups is driven off with a handful of losses, but the second charges in soon after with heavier terminator and psyker support. The IW terminators bear the first hit, but soon fall under the caresses of the half-man abominations sent against them. A larger counter-charge is attempted in the courtyard, but falters before the Death Guard's witchcraft while the previously wounded men fight desperately from their stretchers in a makeshift hospice as terminators barge through its walls.

With Aleksy and his men captured, there were some very favourable deals to be had with the Iron Warriors' factories later on in exchange for their sorry butts...

1139006_sm-.JPG
1139007_sm-.JPG
1139008_sm-.JPG
1139009_sm-.JPG
1139010_sm-.JPG
1139011_sm-.JPG
1139012_sm-.JPG
1139013_sm-.JPG
1139014_sm-.JPG
1139015_sm-.JPG

I'm sorry to hear about your friend :(

The tank came out really awesome though, there is lots of very fine detail and you can tell that despite being a 'rush job' that it really has character.

Thanks Nomad, she went too soon.

Glad to hear you appreciate the '44, I always liked how unique the hull modification made it look. Naturally, I got like two games in with it before GW nerfed indirect fire in 40k :D

I do love those techno-barbarian warbands you've been working on: such an evocative bunch of models that look like they've been pulled straight out of a Blanche piece of artwork! Got any more of those planned? :)

I do love those techno-barbarian warbands you've been working on: such an evocative bunch of models that look like they've been pulled straight out of a Blanche piece of artwork! Got any more of those planned? :smile.:

Cheers Dosjetka!

Yeah, in addition to the finished Philospher Kings and Dancers, there's a basecoated bunch of sweaty hillbilly cannibals waiting for their time. By summer there will be a Thunder Legion team with a couple of thunder warriors and silent sisters as well. As stopping there won't do, I've got some ideas on various wasteland thugs and various warlords' personal guards, maybe even some Enslavers or similar non-human overlords to boss their wretched victims around.

I've taken a liking to Kill Team, in a word :D

Sounds like a plan or three, nice. :D

Just read about your loss: my condolences. The potential silver lining is that the memory of her will be strongly bound to a piece in your collection.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Dosjetka, that it will.

Meanwhile, on those plans...

Moar madness from the Old Night!
Bare-footed thunder warriors! Null Maidens! Hotshot enforcers of a smaller warlord!

This time I went mostly with Iron Golems, with some Krieg Veteran bits on the thugs for a bit more regular look. Sure they are just as backwards and insane as the previous posses, but with at least some semblance of an ordered society :D

1141192_sm-.jpg
1141193_sm-.jpg
1141194_sm-.jpg
1141195_sm-.jpg
1141196_sm-.jpg
1141197_sm-.jpg
1141198_sm-.jpg
1141199_sm-.jpg
1141200_sm-.jpg
1141201_sm-.jpg
1141202_sm-.jpg
1141203_sm-.jpg
1141204_sm-.jpg
1141205_sm-.jpg
1141206_sm-.jpg
1141207_sm-.jpg
1141208_sm-.jpg
1141209_sm-.jpg
1141210_sm-.jpg
1141211_sm-.jpg

It's amazing how well the Iron Golems lend themselves to techno-barbarity, you've smashed this! Looking forward to seeing you get some paint on these guys, lots of cool textures on those models and all sorts of funky power sources for weapons and generators too.

It's amazing how well the Iron Golems lend themselves to techno-barbarity, you've smashed this! Looking forward to seeing you get some paint on these guys, lots of cool textures on those models and all sorts of funky power sources for weapons and generators too.

They do indeed. It's funny how many AoS / Warcry models in general have that vibe where their equipment is so fantastical it just doesn't work as is, but if you give it some cables and electricity...