Echoes of Eisenstein - upscaling madness with the XIV

Did some work with profound meaning, aka switched some AI fighters to older AI bases (the new ones are unsightly large to my taste) while preserving the number dials but making them otherwise prettier for Epic purposes. The newer flying stand was also a bit bigger than the old hole, requiring some slight surgery.

1077774_sm-.JPG

Given the Lightning box contains about a million missiles, I also bashed some AA autoturrets from surplus Warbringer shoulders:

1077775_sm-.JPG

• 2 months later...

Boy it's been a while but I've got my master's thesis written and the self-imposed miniature exile is over. Returning to the fray on the tall front, I went and started on something bigger for a change :D

1086189_sm-.JPG

I am going to be busting some heads with this hunk of resin if the blitheringly stupid DG restrictions for FW Legion units aren't FAQ'd post-haste, but first he'll have to get finished. So nice to build things again ^^

Screwed up a bit of one track because of a bloody wobbly gubbin at the front, fixed with liberal weathering. This baby will be muddy, alright.

1086292_sm-.JPG

The current 40k statline also incorporates a twin heavy bolter for some reason, so I bashed one up for the crew to shoot aspiring graffiti artists off the hull with.

1086293_sm-.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Painting train rolls on, today I started on the Epic Mechanicum with some Thanatars. Bases are 20 mm, for reference.

1087401_sm-.jpg
1087402_sm-.jpg

1087398_sm-.jpg
1087399_sm-.jpg
1087400_sm-.jpg

I now have huge robots, big robots and small robots in this scheme, soon also even smaller robots and infantry :D

Wondering about the bases, though. Should they get a bit of shrub like most others, be more rad-blasted or perhaps burned by the plasma mortars  :question:

Cheers Naryn :)

You know, this was one of those days I realize I am an idiot. Life tends to be easier when you use proper tools and taking pictures of very small models might work out better if using a macro objective in the camera. Derp.

1087644_sm-.jpg
1087645_sm-.jpg
1087646_sm-.jpg
1087647_sm-.jpg
1087648_sm-.jpg
1087649_sm-.jpg

Also, razorwire and dragon's teeth on sticks ready to be thrown around the field.

1087650_sm-.jpg
1087651_sm-.jpg

Sorry 'bout that Bjorn, it's a learning process. Especially here in the great northern wastes where daylight can end before you even get out of the bed :D

Meanwhile, I promise to paint some actually new models soon, but I had to take a few scale shots for a friend. Who knew, titans look like quite big machines when there's infantry around.

1087734_sm-.jpg

1087735_sm-.jpg

1087736_sm-.jpg

You should photograph the dark red model against a light-colored background- maybe put a sheet of paper behind it- so the contrast will make it easy to see, instead of blurring into the dark background. (If the model is light-colored, you can use the dark background to contrast it.)