Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Modular Custodes (with a hint of Guard)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

dice4thedicegod

dice4thedicegod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,208 posts
Making a small core force (my flgs runs a lot of friendly smaller points events) and planning additional incremental forces to take it higher. Has the loyal 32 for sitting in the backfield, or bubble wrapping etc but the Custodes are doing the heavy lifting.

BASE 1250 points - two battalions, less an additional relic = 12 cp (not sure about victor of the blood games)

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [13 PL, 181pts, 8CP] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Battle-forged CP [3CP]

Detachment CP [5CP]

Regimental Doctrine: Regiment: Armageddon

+ HQ +

Company Commander Bolt pistol, Chainsword

Company Commander Chainsword, Laspistol

+ Troops +

Infantry Squad
. 9x Guardsman
. Sergeant: Laspistol

Infantry Squad
. 9x Guardsman

Infantry Squad
. 9x Guardsman

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Adeptus Custodes) [69 PL, 1,315pts, 4CP] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Detachment CP [5CP]

Open the Vaults (1 Relic) [-1CP]

+ HQ +

Shield-Captain Guardian Spear (gatekeeper)

Shield-Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike Hurricane Bolter, Radiant Mantle, Warlord, ( auric Aquila )

+ Troops +

Custodian Guard Squad
. Custodian: Guardian Spear
. Custodian: Sentinel Blade, Storm Shield

Custodian Guard Squad

Custodian Guard Squad

+ Elites +

Custodian Wardens
. Warden: Guardian Spear, Misericordia

Vexillus Praetor Castellan Axe, Vexilla Magnifica

++ Total: [82 PL, 12CP, 1,496pts] ++

Then, to bring it up to 1500, I’ll add on:

Allarus Custodians
. Allarus Custodian: Castellan Axe, Misericordia

If I play the allarus, I guess I definitely won’t play victor of the blood games as they have so many good stratagems.

To bring it up to 2000, i’ll Slap misericordias on the two captains and a 492 point Ravenwing outrider detachment to add some speed (probably should use versus praetors but I have the Ravenwing!)

Sammael on jet bike
4 Ravenwing bikes (Combi-Plasma and 2xplasma)
4 Ravenwing bikes (combo-Melta and 2xmelta)
1 attack bike with meltimelta

What I’ve got painted so far!
gallery_124500_15705_1980927.jpeg
  • Zephaniah Adriyen likes this

sultansean

sultansean

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 203 posts

Your Custodes look great and your list looks good too. How has it been performing for you? 

dice4thedicegod

dice4thedicegod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,208 posts
Only used it in two games so far, both at 1250 points

It was a Friday night mini tournament , two team games, (each side had 2500 points) with games limited to 2.5 hours. Both times the set up ended being largely separate deployments resulting in games being more of a couple of 1v1 match ups.

Unfortunately, both of my games ran slow so I didn’t get to see the full picture... but what I saw was promising!

First game I faced a marine force from the updated codex (which had a huge amount of dakka: two Gatling redemptors, las Cannon Razorback, many intercessors and lieutenant and chapter master). The game went very slowly due to his sheer number of dice (and my ally was learning - just started playing). I kept my wardens in deepstrike.

The marines went first, unleashed hell. Killed 2 shield guards. (Custodes are tanks!). My turn was mainly moving up. Next turn, the marines fired killing another guard and then charged (!) killing one more. My counter swings saw intercessors dropping like flies while I plotted my second turn and counter punch - everything in my army was going to have a juicy target! ... and then the game ended due to the 2.5 hours being up (of which my turns had taken maybe 20min). Unfortunate and a bit frustrating but I was pretty sure that the Custodes were going to table the marines!

Second game was my first time against orcs. And I went first, so I got two full turns! (Orcs were crazy slow too due to dice volume ).
Again, largely a march up on first turn covered by vexila, then charged by the IRC’s in their turn (didn’t lose anyone) then counter charged in turn two and wiped two max size mobs of boyz, the warlord, the pain boy and the weird boy. Also had mostly shot apart his looterz over the two turns. And then the game ended due to time.

(I think the store was wildly optimistic in having effectively 2500 point a side team games with only 2.5 hours... as it’s a more casual night they should have just made it the one game, or not teams, then people could have made it to maybe turn 3! ;) )

My only big takeaway was: it’s great having shields in your units, and you feel it when they go. I’m wondering about moving to having a sagittarum unit hanging back while two bigger units move forward (each with spears and two shield guys rather than one)
  • librisrouge likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users