Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Goonhammer Updates Thread

Blog tactics painting tips tutorials

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

Ancient Glory

Ancient Glory

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 27 posts

A big one today, with a Start Competing for Craftworld Eldar: https://www.goonhamm...ng-craftworlds/

Check out Rob's amazing artwork as always

• Chiwie, Ishagu, Shadowseer and 1 other like this

Chiwie

Chiwie

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 120 posts
  • Faction: Swords Of Davion

Your review differs a lot from most of the reviews one can find on the web. I really enjoyed it.

Thanks, the site is trying to find it's own voice so I'm glad as heck that it's getting there!

I loved your Druhkari codex review. Keep it up! :-)

Thanks! I wrote that one, so I'm extra pleased when we get good reviews haha. Tomorrow will look in the other direction at the Craftworlders, then next week is Astra Militarum - we will eventually go through everything!

You should write about making jump pack BT's work. For non personal reasons. Yep. Totally...

I loved your Druhkari codex review. Keep it up! :-)

Corrode will be over the moon to here that, thank you!

I caught your guys repulsor review earlier. I have to say I absolutely love your guys mix of competitive talk with casual. Sometimes it feels dizzying having to learn stuff about competitive armies, your guys article was fun read that was easy to read, all while being informative!

Thanks mate! That's the tone we are trying to hit!

@Chiwie

I'm perfectly happy if you guys keep focusing on new units that are released. I think you'll have your hands full with the new Primaris releases coming soon anyways.

No dramas!

Speaking of drama though, the boys have been quick on this one:

Repulsor Executioner Points Increase – The Goonhammer Hot Take
Lol I enjoyed this. I bought a single Executioner and have used it two games - found it to be a good unit. I was tempted to get a second but I'll hold off until we see what happens in the codex.

Ooooh, got a link to some pics? I'm on the fence about getting one myself.

@Chiwie

I'm perfectly happy if you guys keep focusing on new units that are released. I think you'll have your hands full with the new Primaris releases coming soon anyways.

No dramas!

Speaking of drama though, the boys have been quick on this one:

Repulsor Executioner Points Increase – The Goonhammer Hot Take
Traveling today and this is exactly the type of stuff I want to read at an airport bar, thousands of kilometers from my hobby supplies. Helps me feel connected still lol

So, cheers!

Fantastic and safe travels! :D

=][= Edit: Do not post links to AoS-related content. This is a 40k forum. =][=

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka, 04 August 2019 - 08:44 PM.

• Lemondish likes this

uLIJCPF.png

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,267 posts
I've respectively edited and hidden your last two posts as both had links to AoS-related content which isn't allowed on the B&C, a 40k forum. Please refrain from posting links to AoS stuff in the future.

On a more personal note, I can't seem to access your website from my mobile phone. The page just loads endlessly but without displaying any content. Anyone else having this issue?

gallery_45765_15430_13241.pnggallery_45765_15430_20687.pnggallery_45765_12339_7236.pnggallery_45765_15430_1287.pnggallery_45765_15430_11578.png

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

derLumpi

derLumpi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 702 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines, Imperial Knights
Working fine for me.
  • Chiwie likes this
Damnation starts with little steps, by arrogantly thinking that you are wiser than our great forbears, by tinkering with truth, by compromising, by departing from the straight and narrow path of the Emperor’s light.

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,544 posts
It works decently well for me. You might need to scroll some Dosjetka, as it appears to be a work in progress on the mobile layout.
  • Chiwie likes this

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,267 posts
Cheers, folks. Oddly enough, today I've had no issues; hopefully it'll stay that way. :tu:
  • Chiwie likes this

gallery_45765_15430_13241.pnggallery_45765_15430_20687.pnggallery_45765_12339_7236.pnggallery_45765_15430_1287.pnggallery_45765_15430_11578.png

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

Ancient Glory

Ancient Glory

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 27 posts

It works decently well for me. You might need to scroll some Dosjetka, as it appears to be a work in progress on the mobile layout.

Fixing mobile is definitely on the list. It really needs work.

For content today, we have a How to Paint Everything on the Visarch, and a guide to custom basing!

https://www.goonhamm...-1-the-visarch/

https://www.goonhamm...paceship-decks/

• Chiwie likes this

Chiwie

Chiwie

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 120 posts

A new batch of fresh Goonhammer-ery goodness is freshly baked and ready for your consumption:

The Road to NoVA: Crunch Time

The Nova Goonhammer Crew collectively panics. With roughly 3 weeks to go will the hordes of unpainted plastic actually make it? Will there be frantic painting in the hotel room the night before?

SRM's Road to NOVA Part 6: Lazily Drifting Towards Victory

Brother SRM of 40k Badcast fame rubs in that unlike the rest of the NOVA crew, he is totally not panicking at all. I suspect he might actually be low key panicking anyway as that would be extremely on brand. Also features his cool cat Noomi.  

Video Game Review: Battlefleet Gothic 2: Armada

JB reviews BFG 2.

I've respectively edited and hidden your last two posts as both had links to AoS-related content which isn't allowed on the B&C, a 40k forum. Please refrain from posting links to AoS stuff in the future.

On a more personal note, I can't seem to access your website from my mobile phone. The page just loads endlessly but without displaying any content. Anyone else having this issue?

My apologies! It slipped my mind for a bit there. I passed on the web issues. I think we are still going through some growing pains mobile wise at the moment. 

Working fine for me.

Let me know if this changes guys!

Edited by Chiwie, 08 August 2019 - 12:11 AM.

• Ancient Glory likes this

uLIJCPF.png

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,544 posts

The content is always visible for me on mobile - it's more the layout and presentation I have criticisms of. The function is there for me, and eventually the form will follow ;)

I would like to commend you guys for sticking to written content. So much is posted on YouTube these days, and while that's nice, I personally really prefer and appreciate a good read.
  • Chiwie likes this

Chiwie

Chiwie

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 120 posts

Todays updates!

I'm extremely jealous of how well executed these Night Lords are by Chur. Dude really knows how to chaos it up.

Wings aka everyone's fave Necron overlord goes over the 3 cool and good lists from the London Open. The article is a good read and the artwork featuring the TheChirurgeon at the end of it is even betterer. 

The content is always visible for me on mobile - it's more the layout and presentation I have criticisms of. The function is there for me, and eventually the form will follow msn-wink.gif

I would like to commend you guys for sticking to written content. So much is posted on YouTube these days, and while that's nice, I personally really prefer and appreciate a good read.

Thanks again and same here mate. Sometimes I want a quick read rather than a 45min long youtube video to find something out. 

• Lemondish likes this

uLIJCPF.png

Chiwie

Chiwie

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 120 posts

Daily updates:

GuardHeader.png

Nothing I type will match that header art. It's worth a click. 

• Sagentus, Ancient Glory and CaptainFrederickson like this

uLIJCPF.png

Chiwie

Chiwie

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 120 posts

Big update today:

40k Badcast drops its new ep.

Alfredo paints more ultramarines and totally doesn't panic.

Our weekly round up of stuff we liked on the web (check out that Coda paints fellow. Woah. What a guy! msn-wink.gif

A bunch of Goonhammer-er-ers (hammer goons?!?) paint Yvraine and talk about how they did it. 

Merton and Dan of the 40k badcast talk about the new rules for Enforcers. In short they rock. 

• Lemondish likes this

uLIJCPF.png

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,544 posts
I love the Necromunday article lol that name makes me happy
  • Chiwie likes this

thewarriorhunter

thewarriorhunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,181 posts
  • Faction: Renegade-ish Marines and Nids

Cruising through the pages I ran across the Buttscribe beautification for Battlescribe but the link appears to be broken. Am I a victim of trolling or is that a legit tool?

• Chiwie likes this

Ancient Glory

Ancient Glory

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 27 posts

Cruising through the pages I ran across the Buttscribe beautification for Battlescribe but the link appears to be broken. Am I a victim of trolling or is that a legit tool?

It's a legit thing, I've used it for a tournament before and the output was really solid. The link seems to be working for me? http://buttscri.be/

• Chiwie likes this

thewarriorhunter

thewarriorhunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,181 posts
  • Faction: Renegade-ish Marines and Nids

I wonder if the filter at my work was messing it up? I was getting directed to a bunch of numbers on an amazonaws domain. Thanks for the link!

• Chiwie likes this

Chiwie

Chiwie

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 120 posts

It's new Space Marine Codex time. In short I'm very excited not only for the excellent book but also the cool stuff that we have been writing about it:

Space Marine Codex Release Extravaganza Content!

Codex Space Marines – The Goonhammer Review – Part 1 (Army & Faction Traits)

J4Dce2e.png?1

Check back over the next few days for more. This is going to be a barnstorm of the best wordy words we can muster and great photos/drawings. 

In other, non marine content:

Start Competing: Adeptus Mechanicus Tactics

XP5Qg2T.jpg?1

Want to play robots who aren’t dumb space robots that lost to elves? Want to play a killer gunline that isn’t tau? Are you into SCIENCE? Then Adeptus Mechanicus is the faction for you. Nramyth (with Ellar double checking iirc) have done a real number on this one. 

Army Showcase: Andrew’s Adeptus Mechanicus

Speaking of Mecahnicus, check out this extremely cool army by Andrew Haywood! 

Video Game Retrospective: Dawn of War (2004)

JB keeps on producing slick reviews. This time he chats about the Dawn of War. The opening movie still holds up in my opinion. 

Model Showcase – tkwg’s Stormhammer

TKWG's stuff is amazing. If you wanted to see a IG superheavy done up like a tamiya master modeler article, this is for you. 

Hillbilly Cyborg Yacht Club RTT: A Naramyth Trip Report

Naramyth plays some RTT action and writes about it!

How to Paint Everything: Lazy Non-Metallic Metal

SRM of 40k Badcast fame invites Eric Beers to talk about making NMM work if you aren't a painting wizard. 

Tournament Report – The London Open – Part 1

Wings attends the tourney he talked about in his last article. Read on for cunning tactical insight into the current meta. 

The 40k Hamateur Hour Presents: Road to Nova Weeks 13 & 14

FromTheShire/Dan panics that his army isn't finished. To deal with this in true Goonhammer fashion, he goes on vacation to avoid painting. 

Spoiler, he ends up building models in his hotel room. How he go there is seriously worth a read.

The Corroad to NoVA Part 4: Sorry Yncarne, This is the End of Your Road

Corrode aka The Black Heart aka VarAdmin aka The False Admin Of The Goonhammer Discord, panic about Nova has escalated to playing a lot of games instead of painting. On the upside it means we, the reader can benefit from his tactical insight.

It also means that he has to paint harlequins on a time budget for his next article..... 

I love the Necromunday article lol that name makes me happy

I get a chuckle out of it as well. Seems like GW does as well as the term is popping up on WHTV as well these days.

Edited by Chiwie, 17 August 2019 - 01:27 PM.

• Reinhard, Fulkes, Ishagu and 1 other like this

uLIJCPF.png

Chiwie

Chiwie

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 120 posts

Naturally as soon as I make the update post, Wings fires of another salvo. 

• Ishagu likes this

uLIJCPF.png

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,610 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Review is fantastic so far
  • Chiwie likes this

-~Ishagu~-

Chiwie

Chiwie

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 120 posts

Review is fantastic so far

Many thanks, it's been a hell of a ride watching the group figure out the little tricks in the codex. There really is something for everyone in there.

uLIJCPF.png

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,778 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion
Worth pointing out that target sighted is actually 3 cp now instead of the stated 2
  • Chiwie likes this

Marshal Vespasian

Marshal Vespasian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,378 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
One Combination discussed in the bt sub forum is 'marshal law': a jump Pack captain with the vigilus trait that gives +1a and exploding sixes with the new and improved teeth of terra for whopping 9 attacks on the charge, 10 with the vigilus strat, then also rerolling wounds.

Second warlord could be a lt or company champ with the burning blade and the Imperiums sword. EC should exist in every bt list anyhow so thats three mean bois in Black.

Edited by Marshal Vespasian, 18 August 2019 - 02:27 PM.

• Chiwie likes this

uqpKirY.jpgsml_gallery_48988_16053_22483.png

L30n1d4s

L30n1d4s

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,169 posts
  • Faction: Celestial Lions

Outstanding Tacticas you all have, well done!

• Chiwie likes this

Ancient Glory

Ancient Glory

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 27 posts

Worth pointing out that target sighted is actually 3 cp now instead of the stated 2

Good spot, thanks

• Chiwie likes this

Chiwie

Chiwie

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 120 posts

It's Monday (well Tuesday in Australia) so that means there is a new wave of content for your eyeballs.

How To Paint Everything: Successor Chapters Of Goonhammer

OluzwZ6.png

This week's How to Paint Everything is all about Space Marines! Coda (of Cool and Good fame) is talking about Successor Chapters, with sweet paint schemes and tips for painting 6 chapters of the Emperor's *other* finest.

Necromunday: How to Play Necromunda (We Promise It’s Worth It)

IrsLD8w.png?1

The 40k universe stretches well beyond the war-torn battlefields of distant planets. In Necromunda, violent gangs clash in the tunnels and sewers of the planet’s largest hive city. Continuing this week, Dan "The one who isn't SRM on the 40k Badcast" Boyd and Jules “Merton” O’Hare will be covering everything Necromunda, reviewing new releases, talking strategy, and how to run campaigns. 

PRnLIA2.png?1

Check out a bunch of links we liked as a group this week! 

Whoops. I think the crew have fixed it, I'll forward your tip on just in case. Thanks for spotting it by the way, it was a crazy push to get the review out the door this close to release. 

One Combination discussed in the bt sub forum is 'marshal law': a jump Pack captain with the vigilus trait that gives +1a and exploding sixes with the new and improved teeth of terra for whopping 9 attacks on the charge, 10 with the vigilus strat, then also rerolling wounds.

Second warlord could be a lt or company champ with the burning blade and the Imperiums sword. EC should exist in every bt list anyhow so thats three mean bois in Black.

I brought up a similar combo with the burning blade and turning the cap into a chapter master. I'll see if they can do some writing on that combo for the BT tactica. 

Outstanding Tacticas you all have, well done!

Thank you! biggrin.png

• Marshal Vespasian and CaptainFrederickson like this

uLIJCPF.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blog, tactics, painting tips, tutorials

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users