Justus Mortis Crusade

vossyvo

Is that a filed down chaoswarrior shield from fantasy? Because I got some of those left and all I need is to get my ass in gear and actually use my greenstuffmould if thats what it is.

Looks dope by the way

Yes it is! good pickup. I just used some rough then fine sand paper to get the chaos symbol off. Only took about 2-3 mins.

The scale seems to fit pretty well for a non-primaris marine.

For the honour of killing a Farseer and Autarch in single combat, the Justus Mortis Vanguard Veteran Sergeant was presented with a sanctified Stormshield. In addition he has been promoted to the Household Command structure to server as a Castellan. He shall act as a second in command to the Marshal, acting as a capatain of small strike force operations, and also leading any Spearhead Detachment assign to the main Battalion. The Crusade is there to see him take his oaths of command - Lead us from despair to hope, from faith to slaughter!

Will play him as a Sword Brethren Jump Captain, thinking with the Teeth of Terra.

1024354_sm-Black%20Templar%20Marshal%20L

• 2 weeks later...

Was trying to hold off buying anything for a little while, but the new Chaplain rules pushed a complete impulse purchase while driving past a GW today.

Not really a big fan of the kit to be honest, but it was the only Chaplain they had in store.

Bit of green stuff, cutting and pasting - to turn him into a Templar.

I'll get him painted over the week. 

Want to try experiment with some OSL from the Candle on the base to keep improving my painting. 

1025481_sm-.JPG

So it’s basically the holy Orb of Saint Antioch on a stick ;)

Yep haha.

crush the heretic with it, before you throw it.

If it's a Holy Orb on a stick, it'll likely have a shaped charge, intended for lunge mine-like attacks. Don't waste it on a single heretic, use it on the Chaos Land Raider to kill 14 heretics (the crew, plus its 10 passengers) at once! Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

So it’s basically the holy Orb of Saint Antioch on a stick :wink:

Yep haha.

crush the heretic with it, before you throw it.

If it's a Holy Orb on a stick, it'll likely have a shaped charge, intended for lunge mine-like attacks. Don't waste it on a single heretic, use it on the Chaos Land Raider to kill 14 heretics (the crew, plus its 10 passengers) at once!

Love it! Even if he died to the explosion it would be worth it for a LR and 14 heretics.

Finished up the Chaplain, he is no Grimaldus, but tried to keep him in theme.

Tried my hand at some OSL on the candle on the base, felt a bit much to also try do the three on top - but I could revist it.

1025916_sm-Black%20Templar%20Chaplain%2C

1025919_sm-Black%20Templar%20Chaplain%2C

1025917_sm-Black%20Templar%20Chaplain%2C

1025918_sm-Black%20Templar%20Chaplain%2C

Also go to play another game on the weekend (before I painted the Chaplain).

It was a 2v2 - 2000 Point. Mission: Scars of Battle; Deployment: Search and Destroy.

I got placed with an Ork (he fielded 700pt, I did 1300), up against Eldar and Dark Eldar. The Ork completely outshone me, we won 18-10 on VP, with my ally earning around 12 of our total. I hardly made combat the entire game, just walked up the board behind his army shooting. MVP was once again my Devastator Centurions with hurricane/las. My new Chaplain didn’t do much apart from weather a hail of sniper fire. The new sword brethren smash captain with teeth of terra did manage to tear down an Eldar flyer.

Few photos.

1025705_sm-.jpeg

1025701_sm-.jpeg

1025698_sm-.jpeg

1025694_sm-.jpeg

1025695_sm-.jpeg

1025697_sm-.jpeg

1025690_sm-.jpeg

1025700_sm-.jpeg

1025703_sm-.jpeg

Excellent work on the Chaplain. Why is a Deathwatch pauldron lying on his base? To show your Chaplain fought beside the Ordo Xenos' forces to defend humanity in a critical battle, the pauldron belonging to one who was martyred on this field?

Yes! In fact the death of that very Martyr is recanted on his parchment scrolls in High Gothic. Litanies of Hate fueled by that very moment.

I'd seen some of the fantastic pasticard and greenstuff work by Eberious to convert a Primaris Emperors Champion (and beautifully painted by Reinhard), really wanted to give it a try myself so I can start adding it to my BT army without needing to purchase bits/upgrade kits.

Here is my first attempt using greenstuff and plasticard (styrene sheet, the name of the product in AU - which took me a little while to work out).

Mine is based off Primaris Lieutenant Tolmeron, and has bit more of an "in motion" pose, which I don't actually think is a good thing - it detracts from the orginal EC.

Also went ambitious with the flag on the base, but I am going to attempt to paint it like the bullet holes & edges are smouldering/burning - which is why there are raised bits around the holes.

I'll get him painted up over the next few days. Also got some Agressors in the same order.

1026355_sm-.JPG

1026356_sm-.JPG

The Primaris Emperor's Champion looks most promising. Your work on his Black Sword is impressive, though considering the blade is almost as long as its wielder is tall, I think the weapon should have a longer handle, so it may be wielded in both hands. What words are written in the brass inserts on the sword?

The Primaris Emperor's Champion looks most promising. Your work on his Black Sword is impressive, though considering the blade is almost as long as its wielder is tall, I think the weapon should have a longer handle, so it may be wielded in both hands. What words are written in the brass inserts on the sword?

I caught this message just before I primed the mini Bjorn, thankyou.

I watched a video on sword hilt length and pommel weight, and you are 100% correct. My sword would have been extremely unwieldy.

Once I paint a Dread I'll name him Firewalker, so that when I activate Wisdom of the Ancients stratagem it will be your guidance blessing the Crusade.

Have lengthened the hilt out, just need some green stuff in the joint to smooth it out.

The metal plates say Jerulas & Lastrati on the front. The rear has a longer Armageddon one.

With my Chaplain recently finished and joining the ranks, I have some ideas on fluff to tie in the arrival of this particular Black Sword, and the Chaplain identifying the first Emperor's Champion amongst the Justus Mortis Crusade.

1026426_sm-.JPG

Once I paint a Dread I'll name him Firewalker, so that when I activate Wisdom of the Ancients stratagem it will be your guidance blessing the Crusade.

Thank you. (Bows.)

The metal plates say Jerulas & Lastrati on the front.

To commemorate the Jerulas Crusade and the Second Purging of Lastrati? Good idea.

With my Chaplain recently finished and joining the ranks, I have some ideas on fluff to tie in the arrival of this particular Black Sword, and the Chaplain identifying the first Emperor's Champion amongst the Justus Mortis Crusade.

Again, good idea. Will the Chaplain and/or the new Champion be a veteran of Jerulas Crusade, the Second Purging of Lastrati, AND the Third War for Armageddon?

1026426_sm-.JPG

Yes, the sword looks better with a longer handle.

He is finished, apart from decals. I want to get some Microsol and Microset before I put them on.

Tried my hand at some NMM on the sword, its a bit rough on the close up, but still happy with it for a first attempt.

1026575_sm-Black%20Templar%20Primaris%20

1026576_sm-Black%20Templar%20Primaris%20

1026578_sm-Black%20Templar%20Primaris%20

1026577_sm-Black%20Templar%20Primaris%20

After a string of characters, time to get back to some of the line units.

Aggressor squad finished up tonight. The rules for these guys make them seem a bit tricky to use with the short range flamers, but I'll give them a go next game day anyway.

Going to stop into the game store tomorrow to get some kits to enter into Sons of Dorn Expansion 6.

Thinking a box of Intercessors, a Dread, and either a Whirlwind/Razorback/Vindicator.

1027191_sm-Black%20Tempar%20Aggressors%2

Edited by vossyvo

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Bjorn!

Question for the more learned BT Brothers out there, is there any one type of Dreadnought & loadout which is particularly thematic for a Templar army from a lore perspective?

The durandal will be mentioned I think. Which was a variant posted in a french white dwarf way back in the day, that had two close combat arms. Predates the Blood angels Furioso I believe.

Otherwise, I'd say the most templar loadout is a closecombat arm and assault cannon. Because Tankred

1396197706873.png

All of these are castra ferrums, aka old boxnaughts

The durandal will be mentioned I think. Which was a variant posted in a french white dwarf way back in the day, that had two close combat arms. Predates the Blood angels Furioso I believe.

Otherwise, I'd say the most templar loadout is a closecombat arm and assault cannon. Because Tankred

1396197706873.png

All of these are castra ferrums, aka old boxnaughts

I love the sisters of battle twins dream he comments about