Justus Mortis Crusade

vossyvo

The Justus Mortis 2nd Crusade musters once more on a central shrine world of the Canton sub-sector. The Crusades forces have established imperial control across the sector, cleansing the heretical influences of the Aeldari, Ork, Death Guard, Drukhari, and the psychic harbouring renegade Astra Militarum. The Ecclesiarchy are free to roam across the sector once again, monitoring and maintaining the divine credence of imperial truth amongst the sectors citizens.

The High Marshal himself attends the Crusade mustering to deliver fresh orders to the Household Command. With dominance asserted across Canton, Justus Mortis is to push further outside the sector boundaries and re-establish imperial control over the isolated outer system planets.  As the Crusades numbers and strength have grown, they now have command autonomy to respond to outer sector warp disturbances, distress signals, rogue transmissions and investigate psychic flares.  Further support elements will be assigned to Justus Mortis so it can form multiple fighting companies to efficiently respond to these threats while still maintaining control of the volatile Canton sector.

Game day is at my place tomorrow, so finally got my Crusade together for a fresh full army shot. This is everything painted so far, started in mid May. Had a blast getting back into the hobby and I've still got lots more to add to the Crusade. Thanks for all the inspiration on the forum here :smile.:

High Marshal Helbrecht
Primaris Gravis Captain
Emperors Champion
Primaris Chaplain
2x Primaris Lieutenant
Primaris Apothecary
Smash Captain
Primaris Ancient
23x Intercessors
10x Initiates
5x Neophyte
3x Reivers
3x Agressors
5x Sternguard
Redemptor Dreadnought
Rhino
5x Vanguard Veterans
3x Inceptors
3x Centurions
5x Hellblasters
Predator

1029008-Black%20Templars%20Army%2C%20Bla

1029011-Black%20Templars%20Army%2C%20Bla

1029010-Black%20Templars%20Army%2C%20Bla

1029009-Black%20Templars%20Army%2C%20Bla

1029012-Black%20Templars%20Army%2C%20Bla

Edited by vossyvo

*snip*

3x Centurions

I never thought I'd say it, but I really like those centurions. They're excellently painted, and with the general up-scaling that's happened thanks to the Primaris releases, they look very at home in your crusade. Maybe I'll have to add some to my crusade (but I've got plenty to paint in the meantime).

*snip*

3x Centurions

I never thought I'd say it, but I really like those centurions. They're excellently painted, and with the general up-scaling that's happened thanks to the Primaris releases, they look very at home in your crusade. Maybe I'll have to add some to my crusade (but I've got plenty to paint in the meantime).

Thanks! Mine are elevated a little bit on layer of cork board and rhino doors, unsure if thats making them sit a bit different to normal. Felt like for a unit with 4 wounds and 2+ armour they were small, so i tried to make them sit higher. 

I must admit I didn't enjoy painting them very much, a close 2nd to the resin minis. However they've actually been one of my best performers in game (although I play pretty casual games).

So i painted a Vindicare Assassin for my friend as a favour. 

1029679-Karmina%20Noxx%2C%20Vindicare%20

Knowing that I would be playing against this thing in the months to come... I needed a little Black Templar memoir, placed out of sight, but not out of mind.

Even as it slays my characters I'll be able to have a little smile to myself. :biggrin.:

1029680_sm-Karmina%20Noxx%2C%20Vindicare

Finished up my Son of Dorn vow. 

Which was this Razorback and the Intercessors.

Trying to think how I'll use the Razorback in game, maybe to load up my 5 Marine Sternguard squad and drop them off on objectives that are away from my Captain/Lieutenant reroll bubbles.

1030428-Black%20Templar%20Razorback%2C%2

1030425_sm-Black%20Templar%20Razorback%2

1030424_sm-Black%20Templar%20Razorback%2

1030426_sm-Black%20Templar%20Razorback%2

1030427_sm-Black%20Templar%20Razorback%2

Thanks! So many great Crusades on the forum. Keeps the painting mojo going.

Up next is a 3 man squad of Sword Brethren (Company Veterans), with Storm Shields, two with Halberds (count as power axes), and the Veteran Sergeant has the Power Sword.

Planning another Storm Shield character to go with them.

1030802_sm-Black%20Templars.jpg

I really like the chaoswarrior shield from fantasy for this. I have some left over as well, guess I will use those for the next few stormshield characters.

Love the helbards. Very knightly.

Thanks Vespasian,

They even have a built in arm that you can get to sit pretty nicely against the standard marine elbow joint. I'm yet to mount one to a primaris.

So the rest of my delivery turned up.

This the Captain to go with the Company Veterans. 

1031077_sm-.JPG

Whose bolt pistol lies discarded on the Castellan's base? A defeated enemy? I hope the Templar himself isn't so careless with his own weapons.

It is the bolter of a recently felled Initiate, the victim of a hooded figure who clouded its mind with the fog of heretical psychic power. The hooded figure whos head now lies next to this bolter, retribution enacted swift and true upon the mutant in the name of the God Emperor. 

Finally got around to starting that Dreadnought.

Based is nearly done, squashed mutant under one foot, the strange sanded flat parts are where the dread will be pinned and mounted to.

Also have an MKIII marine skewered on his CC weapon.

Open to suggestions on what Chapter the MKIII marine should be from, was thinking Emperors Children (currently listening to the Fulgrim - Horus Heresy audiobook and can't stand them).

1032394_sm-.jpg

1032566_sm-Black%20Templars.jpg

1032567_sm-Black%20Templars.jpg

That Dreadnought would make a nice Chaplain Dreadnought, no lie.

Oh wait, that's because I used that same front plate for my Chaplain Dreadnought kitbash :lol:

In any case, the Dreadnought is looking gooooood! :tu:

Whose bolt pistol lies discarded on the Castellan's base? A defeated enemy? I hope the Templar himself isn't so careless with his own weapons.

It is the bolter of a recently felled Initiate, the victim of a hooded figure who clouded his mind with the fog of heretical psychic power. The hooded figure whose head now lies next to this bolter, received retribution enacted swift and true upon the mutant in the name of the God-Emperor.
Good explanation.

I corrected some grammar errors. The corrections are highlighted with "[" and "]".

It is the bolter of a recently felled Initiate, the victim of a hooded figure who clouded [his] mind with the fog of heretical psychic power. The hooded figure [whose] head now lies next to this bolter, [received] retribution enacted swift and true upon the mutant in the name of the God[-]Emperor.

Finally got around to starting that Dreadnought.

He looks most promising, with a good pose and an AWESOME-looking base.

Open to suggestions on what Chapter the MKIII marine should be from, was thinking Emperors Children (currently listening to the Fulgrim - Horus Heresy audiobook and can't stand them).

I agree, though Fulgrim's degenerate son may enjoy being impaled upon the Venerable Dreadnought's close combat weapon. Sadism and masochism both fall under Slaanesh's sphere of influence. Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

Finished the Dreadnought this evening. 

Really enjoyed painting this up, must be about 9 years since I painted a traditional dread, can't wait to get him onto the field.

I'd still like to name him Firewalker - need to practice my freehand lettering - thinking to practice on a shield then mounting it to the dreads right arm on the blank part above ammo belt on the assault cannon. 

1033483-Black%20Templar%20Chaplain%20Dre

1033484-Black%20Templar%20Chaplain%20Dre

1033485-Black%20Templar%20Chaplain%20Dre

1033486-Black%20Templar%20Chaplain%20Dre