Justus Mortis Crusade

vossyvo

Finished the Dreadnought this evening.

Excellent work.

I'd still like to name him Firewalker

How'd the Dreadnought- or the Templar interred within- get this name? (I had a Space Wolf earn the name "Firewalker" as a Blood Claw, by charging across a lava field to bring the enemy within arm's reach. Lucky for him, he was wearing power armor at the time.)

I really like the chaoswarrior shield from fantasy for this. I have some left over as well, guess I will use those for the next few stormshield characters.

Love the helbards. Very knightly.

Thanks Vespasian,

They even have a built in arm that you can get to sit pretty nicely against the standard marine elbow joint. I'm yet to mount one to a primaris.

So the rest of my delivery turned up.

This the Captain to go with the Company Veterans. 

1031077_sm-.JPG

I want to see them painted :wink: looks fantastic

especially because i like the painting scheme  (your dreads looks awesome)

Edited by Medjugorje

• 2 weeks later...

This the Captain to go with the Company Veterans. 

I want to see them painted :wink: looks fantastic

especially because i like the painting scheme  (your dreads looks awesome)

Slowed down a bit the last week or so to stop myself burning out.

The new rules release has me back on track though. 

Here are the Company Veterans I had assembled in an earlier post.

Finally got around to painting them. 

Planning then next addition. Might be time for a Land Raider Crusader or even a 2nd Crusader squad.

1034991-Black%20Templar%20Honour%20Guard

1034993-Black%20Templar%20Honour%20Guard

1034992-Black%20Templar%20Honour%20Guard

Thanks for the feedback!

Looks to be some mixed response to the new PA2 book, but I'm excited for the new release.

My crusade has been mustering, preparing for the defense of the Talledus system.

Painted a BT themed Ministorum Priest who has been assigned to Justus Mortis.

Here he is with my Chaplain, delivering a fiery speech to the Crusade. The orator is awakening the zealot in each of them. 

1035983-Taddeus%2C%20Ministorum%20Priest

1035984-Taddeus%2C%20Ministorum%20Priest

• 10 months later...

Hey All,

After a bit of a foray into sisters of battle I got the command edition set, and pleased to report that the BT crusade is growing again.

Been watching the Implausible Nature content on youtube while I paint, great work by the guys on the thread here. 

I've got access to an airbrush now. So where I previously I used a drybrush technique on the armour, I'm now moving to airbrush highlights, with more focused edge highlighting. 

Not the most exiciting, but starting off with the Assault Intercessors - I'll move onto the Primaris Captain next and also planning my own Grimaldus conversion based off the Phobos Librarian model. 

1081038-Assault%20Intercessors%2C%20Blac

This is where the force is at currently.

As you can see I've got a bit of an oversupply of infantry, but once the reviews start coming out from the youtube lads I'll look to add a centerpeice vehicle (Land Raider Crusader, or a Repulsor depending whats looking good). 

1081035-40k%20Black%20Templars%2C%20Blac

Edited by vossyvo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Great minis! Even if you sold them, someone is now the proud owner and games will be played with them. My only nitpick is in the last picture, the guy wiping his blade off while the power field is turned on. Shouldn't that vaporize the cloth? Oh well, great job!

• 1 year later...

Hey All,

The opportunity came up to start a new 40k force and my heart was still with the Black Templars... So the Justus Mortis Crusade is returning. 

I'm going to change up the paint scheme to be darker, weathered and a more muted colour palette.

Here are the first 5 intercessors from the BT combat patrol. I'll work through the box over the coming month or two. 

I also ordered the new Emperors Champion which I am really looking forward to painting. 

Great to see so many Crusades in the the thread, I'm getting so much inspiration from all the other posts. Helps keep the paint brush moving :)

1151221-Black%20Templar%20Intercessor%2C

1151220-Black%20Templar%20Intercessor%2C

• 3 weeks later...

Hey All,

The Impulsor was up next on the painting table.

Thought I wouldn't enjoy it but the weathering technique I used on the intercessors seemed to carry across well to the Impulsor.

I picked the lava sword on the front since the impulsor will likely end up carrying a unit of Eradicators, and its a little reminder that there will be melta on board :)

My Bayards Revenge still hasn't arrived just yet so I'll have to start work on some of the other Combat Patrol box units. Not sure when GW plans to ship those. 

1152450_sm-Black%20Templar%20Primaris%20

1152451_sm-Black%20Templar%20Primaris%20

1152449_sm-Black%20Templar%20Intercessor

• 4 weeks later...

The crusade continues to grow!

Only the Marshal left from the combat patrol. Do people actually use the Marshal? I couldn't work out a list that fits one in, so I was consider converting him to something else - might look into options to convert him to an Apothecary or Judicar. If anyone has ideas or has done this feel free to share thx!!

The emperors champion I ordered still hasn't shipped out - so have picked up Grimaldus :)

1153854-Black%20Templars%20Crusader%20Sq

Edited by vossyvo

• 4 months later...

Hey All,

The Justus Mortis crusade has grown again.

I had ankle surgery 2 months ago and it was a great opportunity to paint all my remaining BT's in one big batch process.

Fantastic feeling to get through the whole pile of shame.

I'll be adding a few more units to this over the next couple of months.

Some of these units are not ideal for the Templars, but when I decided to batch paint it as one bit lot, I threw in every space marine unit I had in the pile of shame. 

1163681-Black%20Templars%2C%20Primaris%2

1163683-Black%20Templars%2C%20Primaris%2

1163684-Black%20Templars%2C%20Primaris%2

1163682-Black%20Templars%2C%20Primaris%2

I converted the Primaris Apothecary from the 2nd Marshal I had. 

1163680-Black%20Templars%2C%20Primaris%2

1163685-Black%20Templars%2C%20Primaris%2

1163688-Black%20Templars%2C%20Primaris%2

1163690-Black%20Templars%2C%20Primaris%2

1163687-Black%20Templars%2C%20Primaris%2

1163686-Black%20Templars%2C%20Primaris%2

1163689-Black%20Templars%2C%20Primaris%2

I'll be adding smoke effects under the jet packs for these two units. Thats why they are mounted on spare sprue at this point.

1163691-Black%20Templars%2C%20Primaris%2

1163692-Black%20Templars%2C%20Primaris%2

Edited by vossyvo