Assembling the Skorpius

Prot

Hey guys I had to start up a new thread because this isn't really related to using the Skorpius but building it for multi use instead.

So I just bought my first one. I want to make it as a tank variant but leave it capable of a transport variant. At what stage do I not glue any of the parts on to keep it that flexible? What pieces should I skip all together?

(I know someone said you don't even need to magnetize it.)

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for that.

I kind of went ahead and did figure this out eventually. At the end of the day I had both variants interchangeable and I found I was bothered by not be able to finish the roll bar at the one end (the piece can't be glued on if you want to interchange them) I also couldn't get a super firm fit with the loading gate.... 

So for this one I went pure tank, but the next one I might try to do a dual kit.

Yeah mines half built.. I'm building more as a transport than a tank but the tank bit fits still fits in... Almost.

Think I made a mistake somewhere as there's like a 1mm gap when I fit the tank frontend in.. Think I've just glues it badly.. But nothing a bit of greenstuff won't fix hopefully :)

I know the price tag is high but it is a real nice kit. Level of detail plus ease of build with how everything goes on (plus capability to dual build and swap out weapons) is grand for me. I know its way worse cost wise for non-UK collectors though.

Yeah mines half built.. I'm building more as a transport than a tank but the tank bit fits still fits in... Almost.

Think I made a mistake somewhere as there's like a 1mm gap when I fit the tank frontend in.. Think I've just glues it badly.. But nothing a bit of greenstuff won't fix hopefully :smile.:

I know the price tag is high but it is a real nice kit. Level of detail plus ease of build with how everything goes on (plus capability to dual build and swap out weapons) is grand for me. I know its way worse cost wise for non-UK collectors though.

I've got a few really visible seams on the tank variant, one at the back was so bad I had to use several elastic bands to hold it in place. I probably did something wrong during construction because my transport didn't have the same issue. Hopefully there's not anything more to it than that. I'd hate to have an Admech kit go together as poorly as the 3rd edition plastic Land Speeder.

The only part about the kit I'm not keen on is the servitor turret for the tank version. It slows down the painting of the model and it make the turret feel more fragile compared to a fully enclosed turret. (I also have no idea where the ammunition from the turret heavy stubber comes from considering that there's no room on the inside of the turret thanks to the servitor placement). 

The only part about the kit I'm not keen on is the servitor turret for the tank version. It slows down the painting of the model and it make the turret feel more fragile compared to a fully enclosed turret. (I also have no idea where the ammunition from the turret heavy stubber comes from considering that there's no room on the inside of the turret thanks to the servitor placement).

I have left the servitor out so i can figure out a better idea at some point