Warbringer

Here is the start of my speed waaagh - painted for a monthly painting challenge but i've ended up purchasing a whole 1000 point starter force.

I needed something new so I went to my local GW and had a look and fell In Love with the new Kult of Speed models and the deffkilla wartrike. I had to have it. I brought it and then got home and built it up and promptly painted it blue! I know that red they may go faster but blue iz lucky!

Wartrike   Side

Wartrike Rear

Wartrike   Front

Wartrike   Detail

SpeedWaaagh

I wrote about the details on my blog https://paintinginthedark.blog/2019/07/31/start-of-a-speed-waaagh/

Edited by Warbringer

looks really well done :thumbsup: , the skin i do like !! what were the colours used if i may ask :sweat: ...

oh!, that toxic barrel and spill is pretty cool :wub:

Cheers, Mithril

You can ask, i used a base of deathworld forest then elysian green, washed with athonian camoshade and then re-layered the elysian green, final highligh of ogryn camo

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks man , Very much appreciated...really Good Ork skin recipes are Gold!! 

Cheers, Mithril 

No worries I've been working on a contrast version of the same skin tone, which I've been using on the buggies.

Here are some more pictures of my growing Ork Army!

The Boomdakka Snazzwagon - this was amazing to paint such a great model I've got another one to do and need to work out how to make it look different.

Boomdakka Snazwagon 1

Boomdakka Snazwagon Grot Close-up

Boomdakka Snazwagon 2

Boomdakka Snazwagon 3

Boomdakka Snazwagon 4

And here is my WIP Flyboy for the Megatrakk Scrapjet.

Flyboy

If you aren't afraid of some minor conversion work, it shouldn't be too hard to modify the existing kit for that one a bit. Replacing the front bumper/fender setup that has the grot tied to it with, for instance, the spiked bumper from the trunk kit could alter the silhouette quite a bit for little effort. Any changes made to the driver and gunner would also go a long way, even if it's just a head swap and sticking on some shoulder pads from the boyz or nobz kit. Rotating the arms holding the molotovs could also help differentiate it.

Cheers, Mithril 

No worries I've been working on a contrast version of the same skin tone, which I've been using on the buggies.

and is it fast and easy !?.

haha :laugh.:​ ... please share, it looks great! .

everything else looks great too :thumbsup:  i like Fly Boyz blue scarf :cool.:

Cheers, Mithril

Cheers, Mithril 

and is it fast and easy !?.

haha :laugh.:​ ... please share, it looks great! .

everything else looks great too :thumbsup:  i like Fly Boyz blue scarf :cool.:

Cheers, Mithril

The contrast version of the skin is 

Airbrush Prime - Vallejo Grey (off white)

Underspray of Burnt Umber

Zenital Spray of White or Wraithbone.

Contrast Paint of Militarum Green - Straight out of the bottle

Anything overly patchy use elysian green to cover it up.

Highlight of Ogryn Camo

Been working hard on Orks again over the last week, i'm just loving the speed-freek models!

I've got a couple more on order now and will end up with all of them bar the race car looking one as i'm not its biggest fan currently.

Really enjoyed working on this model, the silver was different to do which was great, I'm working on a Nob Squad and Trukk currently which is not a good model to put together, although the kit is awesome and I can imagine lots of cool things done with it.

Megatrakk Scrapjet Front

Megatrakk Scrapjet Drill

Megatrakk Scrapjet FlyBoy

Megatrakk Scrapjet Rear Side

Megatrakk Scrapjet Read

Megatrakk Scrapjet Missiles

Sorry but me Again...asking about recipes :sweat:  what's your Blue recipe please?!... :biggrin.:

i do like the scrapjet in metal's :thumbsup:

Cheers, Mithril

Hey man, no worries ask away!

So there are 3 blues in total depending on where it is and material etc.

1. Teclis Blue thin coats till a good layer and then weathered 

2. Caledor Sky Blue then Drakkenhoff (50:50 with water) and then highlighted with Teclis.

3. Talasaar Blue Contrast over silver, 2 coats then drybrushed with Teclis.

Teclis is my main blue colour and everything else is used to shade it.

Its amazing that it can be really bright and without any washes or highlights you weather it and it looks more complete than it is.

Weathering is 

Rhinox Hide applied with a sponge.

Vallejo Silver applied with a sponge 

Vallejo silver applied with a thin brush dragged across to make speed.

Thanks bud, much appreciated :thumbsup:

i want to paint an aeronautica imperialis dakka jet deathskullz blue next and liked your colours 

Cheers, Mithril

Ohhh i'll keep an eye out for that then, i would like to see them done for if i get the game. :)

• 2 weeks later...

With the Waaagh event i've been super busy, a couple of these i had more than the minimum colour entry's so I've finished them this weekend and started working on my Waaagh vow.

This is my Buzzgob and my representation on the 40k battlefield, I love this model so had to loot him from the Goffs into the Deffskulls.

Buzzgob

Buzzgob Facedetail

Buzzgob2

Buzzgob3

I've done a full write up on my blog but the photo's are the same.

https://paintinginthedark.blog/2019/09/19/warbringers-deffskull-mek-boss-buzzgob-grimgob/

Here are his Nob honour guard.

OrkBossNob

OrkNobs1

OrkNobs2

Then this is my work on my Vow for Waaagh.

BuggyCrew

TrukkBuggy

Kustom Boosta Blasta Grot

• 4 weeks later...

The vehicles are super cool! Excellent painting!

Thanks very much! I've really enjoyed them, i'm currently struggling through another boomdakka for my Waaagh pledge but its so cold in the garage at the moment that its not contusive for painting at the moment.

Here are some more recruits to my Waaagh! The pain boy took a long time to finish but not too long to actually paint.

With the Garage being soooo cold i'm struggling to get as much done as I would have liked and other real world issues have took my time away/

The Boomdakka Snazzwagon is the second in my force and i've changed the gunner, the driver's head and added a big ol skull to the front :)

Boomdakka2 Side

Boomdakka2 Front

Boomdakka2 Driveby

Boomdakka2 Side2

Painboy

Painboy2