Warbringer

• 2 weeks later...

Damn... that was only 3 days from Conversion to done... I would have cleaned mold lines off and maybe got a basecoat done...:blush.:

Red isn da fastst anymor Blue is Da winna … :yes:

The face really pops man! 

Cheers, Mithril

++EDIT++

from the side pose he looks like the lord of darkness(Tim curry's character from the movie legend) it's the horns mainly :tongue.:

Edited by mithrilforge

Damn... that was only 3 days from Conversion to done... I would have cleaned mold lines off and maybe got a basecoat done...:blush.:

Red isn da fastst anymor Blue is Da winna … :yes:

The face really pops man! 

Cheers, Mithril

++EDIT++

from the side pose he looks like the lord of darkness(Tim curry's character from the movie legend) it's the horns mainly :tongue.:

Thanks MIthril

I'm a lazy painter so i can get stuff built and painted quickly when the hobby inspiration hits i like to go for it :)

• 4 weeks later...
I recieved my box last week and finally got some time over the last two days to get the boss completed! Makari was a fun build.

I also managed to squeeze in his bodyguard Ghazghkull Thraka which is blue-tacked in place currently ready to be split into sub assemblies to paint!

I'm going to start painting next day or so so lets see if i can get him finished by end of next week.

Ghazghkull

Makari

Can't believe I haven't commented on this thread before!

You've really hit your stride with painting the Deathskulls vehicles. You've got it down! The weathering and overall professional job is brilliant.

Love your Megaboss. The Grot really seals the deal for me. He is a great conversion. Well done mate, on all of it.

Plus it's super awesome you are doing Deathskulls because we get to team up and Super Waaaagh our mates (when it's not lockdown!).

Ghazghkull is done! I had an absolute blast painting this model. Its taken 10 days of hard work grabbing time where I can but I feel it was totally worth it.

Really tried to push the detail on the face again adding more and more highlights to the face to push the detail.

gallery_59829_15727_39932.jpeg

Ghaz Klaw

Ghaz Face

Ghaz Side

Ghaz SW face

Face close up

:censored: awesome !!

Da Blu Boss is da Biggest eva!!

great work bud.

question - another frater posted in this forum about the left and right calves on the big guy...did you notice a crazy discrepancy with his calves being too big and non existent :ermm: ...curious I am ...

he does look great in Blue don't he :yes: ...

cheers, Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge

:censored:  awesome !!

Da Bue Boss is da Bggest eva!!

great work bud.

question - another frater posted in this forum about the left and right calves on the big guy...did you notice a crazy discrepancy with his calves being too big and non existent :ermm: ...curious I am ...

he does look great in Blue don't he :yes: ...

cheers, Mithril

Blue suits him for sure!

Thanks! I've not noticed anything off about the calves on the model all seemed to make sense of him being a big Ork fella.

• 1 month later...

+ TRANSMISSION INTERRUPTED +

+ SIGNAL RECEIVED +

+ BEGIN FEED +

"Roight dis wun 'ere'z anudda sleepa brutha. Lets wayk 'im up proppa loik.

"OY, BRUTHA! YOO FINK I DON' SEE YA DEYR? YA WEAK, WEAVILY COWARD! GIT UP YA GROT AND TAYK A SHOT AT DA BELT BRUTHA! Or don'! Ya cood awwayz put on da red an' yellow an' join up wivv moy Orkamaniakz brutha I never let my Orkamaniakz down brutha. If eva yor 'urtin, or ya need ta 'ide yoo can cownt on me brutha! Da Hulksta neva leaves 'iz Orkamaniakz behine. Ya slap on dat red an' yellow an' I'll awwayz come to yor back an pikk yoo up brutha. Rememba brutha da Orkamania'z comin' an' da red an' yellow iz gonna run wild!"

Hey Warbringer...Anymore progress on the army or has the iron warriors stolen you away from Da Path of Da Blu Destroya ?!

Cheers, Mithril

Iron Warriors have been taking up some of my time but I have painted some more orks that i've not put up.

So will add them now!

Makari and some Nobs

Makari

Nob1

Nob2

Nob3

Nob 4

Nob5

Army progress shots.

Army1

Army2

Army3

Army4

Need to get some motivation for them again sometime soon trying to see how 9th plays out and will then look at adding more boys, its the thought of adding 20-30 boys into my lists that I'm struggling with so want to see how the new rules for detachments work.

Also got Indomitus and painting them as a quick and easy white scars force is my plan.

Great stuff here (as always) I see you did some Nobz, I’m working on some tonight !! , also thanks for the skin recipe you gave me a while back, I’m putting it to use ;-) and the choice of deathskulls as well ...

looking fwd to seeing the indomitus box as white scars (contrast or normal?)

I understand your reluctance to paint another 30 boyz.!!!

Cheers Mithril

Great stuff here (as always) I see you did some Nobz, I’m working on some tonight !! , also thanks for the skin recipe you gave me a while back, I’m putting it to use ;-) and the choice of deathskulls as well ...

looking fwd to seeing the indomitus box as white scars (contrast or normal?)

I understand your reluctance to paint another 30 boyz.!!!

Cheers Mithril

I'm planning on using an airbrush, starting grey and spraying off white and white ontop then oil washing to get the recesses shaded and then weathered similar to the orks :D

I've not painted any boys yet! I like them but prefer the nob models and how they play.

I tried the contrast but it was slightly too cool a colour tone for my preference i wanted something warmer :D

• 3 months later...

Feels good to be back on the Orks! 

This was my contribution to Orktober! My Favourite Ork Sculpt!

I finally had the guts to get it painted. I once had a whole freebooter orK force which I later sold and I have got some of it back now as I was worried about painting the Flashgitz.

Working on 5 Flashgitz now and then will blast out a battlewagon.

We were meant to be starting crusade on the 9th of November but UK Lockdown 2.0:Lock Harder is going to be in force so I wont be able to.

Badrukk1

Badrukk2

Badrukk3

Badrukk4

That's a really well executed Badrukk. I like how you have struck a balance between being colourful yet battle worn. Also the highlight on his eye is an impressive detail. Normally I'd just pick it out in a red and leave it at that. I have never attempted Badrukk so I don't know how tricky that is. The base is also a nice detail. I do love a detailed base. :)

That's a really well executed Badrukk. I like how you have struck a balance between being colourful yet battle worn. Also the highlight on his eye is an impressive detail. Normally I'd just pick it out in a red and leave it at that. I have never attempted Badrukk so I don't know how tricky that is. The base is also a nice detail. I do love a detailed base. :smile.:

Its a very detailed model, i've been painting 5 flashgitz since and i must say that it is easier to do 5 of them as their less details than this single model.

Now that badrukk is a thing of beauty

Thanks I hopefully have done him justice!

Wow dude , that is a work of art!, is that a home made base?... it’s pretty awesome... now I’m really excited to see the BattleWagon your going to convert for him :thumbsup: 

Cheers Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge