Mortarion's Flesh tearers - the collected thread

Mortarion

Yep, this is awesome. You know, aesthetically I've never been much of a fan of blood angels. But every time I see someone do up flesh tearers, they always do an outstanding job. Then I think to myself, "now THOSE are space vampires!". And yours are no exception. Excellent work.

• 6 months later...

A finished Judiciar:

8Eny0Eh.jpg

I originally intended to paint the Tempormortis like a regular hour glass, but I felt it wouldn't really fit with the Flesh tearers. I imagine them as a very pratical chapter. And bringing a huge hour glass into battle just doesn't seem practical. With this painting it will hopefully look more like a device shaped like an hour glass.

DAMN, the Judiciar looks menacing! Excellent work. Did he have a leather tabard dyed to look like it was made of human skin- if not actually made of human skin- to maximize how intimidating he looks?

Thank you. The robes are meant to be some kind of light cloth. We don't wear our human skin clothes when the Inquisition might be watching... :wink:

• 4 months later...

Finally a new unit done - some Assault intercessors. Primaris marines as Sanguinius would have wanted them.

IreXptM.jpg

Combat Squad 1

wACSayC.jpg?1

Combat squad 2

MvKMRqK.jpg

0NhG1sq.jpg

KFXsKkh.jpg

3SJqS9C.jpg

Regular marines

mAk0nzM.jpg

A squad leader (just a regular marine in terms of rules).

ZWfC1ZL.jpg

And finally a sergeant with a Flesh tearer (counts as power fist). This is the first version of that weapon I have done on a primaris marine, but it turned out pretty well I think.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...