Today in Titanicus I...

I remember a while back someone on Instagram did some pretty cool Knight and Titan conversions with shanty towns on their carapace armour. Sadly enough I cant find those pics anymore.

Does anyone here remember these?

This the one?

img_0062-5.jpg?w=768

From Big Boss Redskullz, blog 'ere:

https://bigbossredskullz.com/2019/04/26/risi-vortapt-4/

I remember a while back someone on Instagram did some pretty cool Knight and Titan conversions with shanty towns on their carapace armour. Sadly enough I cant find those pics anymore.

Does anyone here remember these?

This the one?

img_0062-5.jpg?w=768

From Big Boss Redskullz, blog 'ere:

https://bigbossredskullz.com/2019/04/26/risi-vortapt-4/

Whilst also very awesome, these aren't the ones. They were actual shanties on the backs of the Knights/Titans.

• 3 weeks later...

Someone in some thread, I forget which, wanted to know how people are transporting their titans.  I found this box at an art store stateside that fits a Warlord if he's glued to the base with a bit of headroom.  I also bought a couple 12"x12" thin sheets of steel from Amazon to cut down with aircraft snips and hot glue to the bottom and side.  8mm x 3mm magnets should fit glued up under the base to help seat them down to the bottom of the box so they shouldn't move too much in the car when transporting.  This obviously won't do squat on an airplane but that shouldn't be an issue for me. 

2019 11 06

TITI’m looking ahead to the next big event where my engines will walk - the Legio Walks at warhammer World in February. I’m playing around with lists and looking at how many new engines I’d need. Not too many, luckily. It looks like I need to finish a couple of reavers and maybe another warhound. And the warlords I took to blood and glory could use a bit of finishing.

I’ve done a tiny bit of actual work on models, building and magnetising a couple of Vulcan mega bolters for reaver carapaces. I’d previously converted one of these but it’s good to have the proper model. Vulcans are one of my favourite weapons. I can now field a force in which all my titans have at least one of them - which probably isn’t a great idea!

Got my sheet steel cut down and hot glued into my big box and glued a pair of 8mm x 3mm magnets on the bottom of each base. My concern now is the 8x3s may have been too aggressive because they are really holding the bases down. I probably should have gone for 5x3s if I was going to use 2 in each. Still waiting for the super glue to cure on the magnets before I slot them in.

Aaaand I need to, you know, finish the actual titans.

Someone in some thread, I forget which, wanted to know how people are transporting their titans.  I found this box at an art store stateside that fits a Warlord if he's glued to the base with a bit of headroom.  I also bought a couple 12"x12" thin sheets of steel from Amazon to cut down with aircraft snips and hot glue to the bottom and side.  8mm x 3mm magnets should fit glued up under the base to help seat them down to the bottom of the box so they shouldn't move too much in the car when transporting.  This obviously won't do squat on an airplane but that shouldn't be an issue for me. 

That would have been me, cheers!

Has anyone had experience with A-Case carry system? I am rather intrigued by the steel sheets and putting magnets in the bases of my titans...

Has anyone had experience with A-Case carry system? I am rather intrigued by the steel sheets and putting magnets in the bases of my titans...

I've made my own for this - basically, ferrous sheets to line the inside of a carry case, and then used decent magnets on the bottom of everything. I've done this with my Mechanicum army - can happily hold this sideways or even upside down (although carefully, because naturally there will always be that fear :laugh.:) - but it was a really effective solution that I'll likely repeat for my Titanicus too in due course.