Today in Titanicus I...

I’m trying to use cheap metallic craft paint on this terrain and it’s going on like doodoo. This cheap neon green paint has a terrible body but a couple of thin coats should make a decent plasma glow. 

4125BF27 58C6 4FF5 8E14 E416FCF014FA

Edited by Fajita Fan

That's some great advice, all, thanks! I'll start building the warhounds over the weekend and will see, if I'm willing to magnetise. Haven't done this in ages and with most minis I consider it to much of a hassle. I just loathe building models overall - I love painting them though. So that's the reason for me hesitating.

It seems like building at least one with the plas/bolter loadout would do no harm, though. :smile.:

Edited by Kenzaburo

@ Kenzaburo: Magnets are not too difficult to add, the trick is to have the right tools and drill at a right angle. Of course, you can go crazy like I did and also use magnets for the torsos, heads, ... in addition to the weapons :biggrin.:

I did a few experiments with magnets, don't hesitate to have a look at my thread http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/350487-mendi-warriors-adeptus-titanicus-project-log/. There are quite a few other project logs where magnets are to be seen as well.

@ Fajita Fan: your 3D prints are looking good, I like the green glow in particular. You'll have some nice terrain elements to add.

@ Kenzaburo: Magnets are not too difficult to add, the trick is to have the right tools and drill at a right angle. Of course, you can go crazy like I did and also use magnets for the torsos, heads, ... in addition to the weapons :biggrin.:

I did a few experiments with magnets, don't hesitate to have a look at my thread http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/350487-mendi-warriors-adeptus-titanicus-project-log/. There are quite a few other project logs where magnets are to be seen as well.

@ Fajita Fan: your 3D prints are looking good, I like the green glow in particular. You'll have some nice terrain elements to add.

TY sir, I'm just trying to make a few bits that look a little different.  I lose patience at this stage - I mixed my own black wash from ink, medium, and water then sploshed it into the recesses meaning I'll need to actually to go back and carefully highlight with a lighter gray instead of just drybrushing.   The next stage of green looks better, I'll probably hit it with some Warp Lightning contrast to see how it looks.  

My ink experiment didn’t work great, it’s too glossy and the gray contrast paint is such a great wash I ended up using that on my 3D printed terrain. Anyway they’re as done as they’re going to get for easy scatter terrain, I just matte varnished them so they’re drying now - pics later.

Have you all seen The Expanse on Amazon prime? Great show and it’s worth watching. I printed the official scyfi channel model from Thingiverse and sprayed it silver but now I’m totally thinking of painting it with some 40k inspired scheme :) hehehehe

This morning I found another Valkyrie Hellstrike missile so I’m up to 3 warp missiles and I’ve got another mount printing. How many of you are painting your move templates in the scheme of your legios? I think it’s kinda cool so I’ll get that done.

/end rambling

Today in Titanicus I'm gonna finish building my first Warhound titan for the current B&C event. Started the little bugger last night and was surprised about the complexity of that small kit. I'm already dreading the Warlord build looming in the future...oh my.

Oh yes, the Titanicus range has some complex models. I actually find the Warlords relatively straightforward, though they do have quite a lot of components. Pay close attention to the instructions and take your time, and you'll be fine.

It's the Reavers you really have to watch out for. Loads of those end up getting built with their feet or other pieces on the wrong sides. They have a lot of pieces that look like they can work on either leg, but many of them actually don't. Watch out for that.

I was about to say the exact same thing, I’ve done four Warlords with one more to go and they’re actually not bad. I would say go conservative on the legs, maybe one slightly in front of the other, and not try something too dynamic because it’s easy to put his legs in a position that a 100’ mech would collapse in. They’re very top heavy looking so do the legs separate and have them glued together before adding the weight of the torso. I glued “waist” platform on the pelvis when gluing the legs together which allowed me to ensure the pelvis sat pretty level.

It’s the Reavers you have to watch out for with like 19+ pieces in the legs so again, go conservative with the joint angles. I did six and not one more.

Got some basecoating done on my two traitor Reavers, Grey Seer is good stuff and it covers decently over Leadbelcher to build up a white.  My Warlord panels were sprayed white but I need to block in the backs with Leadbelcher and Nuln oil before I can work on the front of the plates.  

One thing I've started doing is using leftover paints on my Battletech minis or Gaslands cars, they're just spray primed Hot Wheels with 3d printed guns on there.  Supposedly GW might redo its car combat game (Dark Future?) so I hope the scale is close to Hot Wheels so I can reuse the cars.  It's nice being able to use up leftover purple, orange, or shades without letting them dry out since I don't really car what my cars look like.  They're also nice palette cleansers (GET IT HAHA) from blocking in panels or feeling my hands cramp from painting trim. 

I decided I'm gonna take the plunge into Titanicus today, as people at my local Warhammer store are interested, but no one has bought into it yet. My plan is to get the Grandmaster Edition sometime by the end of the month/early next month.

I'm going to be going with Legio Pallidus Mor, the Pale Riders:
Pallidus_Mor_Warlord.jpg

I'm already trying to figure out ways to get that distinctive black colouration

Edited by Gederas

I've got MacrossMartin's pdf command terminals printed and laminated so I'm thinking of building a pair of tall landing tower buildings for them to sit on since not every 4x4 table has room for a sideboard.  The idea would be glue thin magnetic sheet to the landing pad then use small magnetic clipboards to hold the command terminals in place.  Maybe even a couple of tall, thin buildings to hold the dry erase markers and my laser line pointer?  Sorta like pencil holders disguised as buildings?

Beasts of Molech mission.  Demon models converted to look 8mm.

Discuss.

DO IT NOOOOOOOW!!!

Some ideas for kits to use as a starting point:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Jabberslythe

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Cockatrice

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Slaughterbrute

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Mutalith-Vortex-Beast