Today in Titanicus I...

Well, technically this was last night I suppose.  But I didn't get to the net on time to think of it last night...

I've assembled two Cerastus Lancers.  The Knight side of the household grows!

The Titan side is gonna take a while though, waiting on Magnets.  Though at some point I might get impatient and at least start on legs or something!  (Eyeballing, not sure how much I can really do and still make magnetizing easy on the Warhounds and Reavers)

Completed a campaign weekend this weekend with a traitor victory, I scored most honour and missed out on best General by 1point! :D great weekend levelling cities and bullying warhounds/warlords with my corsairs ;)

Do tell, I think the Corsair maniple is underrated.

Been painting a bit here and there, bit people in my group have finally taken the plunge, so had an honest to god game today that wasn't a demo!

Can confirm that a Fortidus Venator Light Maniple with a swapped in Warlord is a pretty good choice, or at least it is until the guns get systematically stripped away thanks to uncannily accurate dice rolls...

Dragonlover

Been painting a bit here and there, bit people in my group have finally taken the plunge, so had an honest to god game today that wasn't a demo!

Can confirm that a Fortidus Venator Light Maniple with a swapped in Warlord is a pretty good choice, or at least it is until the guns get systematically stripped away thanks to uncannily accurate dice rolls...

Dragonlover

The Warlord won’t benefit from the maniple rules, either as a shield stripper when subbing for a Warhound or for taking the procced shot when subbing for the Reaver. Per the FAQ any maniple benefits that refer to a specific class of Titan mean actual models of that class and do not affect different classes that have been subbed in via legio traits that allow such. Edited by wildweasel

Dragonlover

The Warlord won’t benefit from the maniple rules, either as a shield stripper when subbing for a Warhound or for taking the procced shot when subbing for the Reaver. Per the FAQ any maniple benefits that refer to a specific class of Titan mean actual models of that class and do not affect different classes that have been subbed in via legio traits that allow such.

Legio Fortidus' trait renders them the exception

A Legio Fortidus battle group may alter one of the mandatory Titan components of any or all of its maniples. Note that for the purposes of the maniple's rules, the replacement Titan still counts as the Titan type it replaced (i.e., if a Legio Fortidus Venator maniple replaced one of the maniple's mandatory Warhound Titans with a Reaver Titan, the replacement Reaver Titan would still count as a Warhound for the Opportunistic Strike special rule and so not gain extra attacks against a Titan whose shields had been collapsed by a Warhound).

I don't want to derail the thread so today I painted some battlefield assets, figured out the skeleton paint scheme I want to try and have theory crafted a Fortidus list.

One venator maniple with

Warlord w/ apoc, quake and volcano

2x warhounds w/ mega bolter and laser each.

Lupercal maniple With

Reaver with apoc fist and gatling

2x warhounds w/ mega bolter and laser each.

I really like the idea of a reaver squadding up with a warhound or 2 and getting +2 from coordinated strikes.

That sounds great fun Fortidus are so flexible! You could try to a closer range Warlord with plasma and macro gatling cannon since it might be better for it to be a bit more mobile to get the free shots (as awesome as Volcano and Quake is it won't do much if it can't see the unshielded target :( ) 

That sounds great fun Fortidus are so flexible! You could try to a closer range Warlord with plasma and macro gatling cannon since it might be better for it to be a bit more mobile to get the free shots (as awesome as Volcano and Quake is it won't do much if it can't see the unshielded target :sad.:

That's more of a positioning question, I've absolutely brutalized lists with that exact longrange Venator Warlord. If the Warlord can find a nice place near the edges, it has a larger field of vision than you'd get upfield where your lord (who is the focal point of said maniple, rest don't benefit) is also more vulnerable to coordinated fire which the opponent will throw your way to avoid said extra shots.

It's also a game of walking gods, why not blow some of the most offending pieces of scenery sky high first ;)

I meant if you brought the third box :D

Today I finished off building my spire scenery to try and throw it all on the table to see if I can warrant buying the new stuff to "Fill out" the board.

I think the new scenery bits will be worth it no matter how much you have, I could keep printing terrain for free but I like the crane and stuff. I’m just trying to make 2020 about building and painting what I got and getting plenty of games in before getting new kits.

*stares at tubs of gray plastic*

Edited by Fajita Fan

Corsair reaver list has a couple of big advantages, lots of drops gives you a bit of an edge early game, their superior manoeuvring is super useful for playing aggressively and really shines in urban combat where sides slips are amazing for getting down narrow gaps or ducking out of sight :)