Today in Titanicus I...

Got a listen in on a chat to Tom the rules guy talking about Acastus FAQ. It's imminent, was going to come with Shadow & Iron but they didn't want to confusing things at the event (with it being on the same day as the release).

He wouldn't say what it is, but said it was a major nerf but wouldn't change anything on the Terminal (as they are very aware people had spent money purchasing the terminals).

Not a lot on detail there but hopefully some will find it interesting :)

Got a listen in on a chat to Tom the rules guy talking about Acastus FAQ. It's imminent, was going to come with Shadow & Iron but they didn't want to confusing things at the event (with it being on the same day as the release).

He wouldn't say what it is, but said it was a major nerf but wouldn't change anything on the Terminal (as they are very aware people had spent money purchasing the terminals).

Not a lot on detail there but hopefully some will find it interesting :smile.:

Well all of the gun stats and points are on the card, if that's not what's changing then what is?  The rules for shooting knights or something?  :unsure.: Changing the points kinda solves Acastus spam without altering something else...

Yeah, we couldn’t work out what it could possibly be. Maybe we misunderstood him as he was trying to be a bit vague?

Maybe they can limit the number of Acastus, like 2 per maniple or something, but I really dislike when they limit the number of something because it's too powerful.  Make it less overpowering to achieve balance; limiting their number and leaving them overpowered simply makes them autoincludes leading to boring lists.  This kinda worries me that they might start tinkering with the ruleset.

I haven't painted anything in like 4 days, I feel like bum. 

Drunkenly ordered a second box of the starter last night... oops.  :p  (Yeah, was planning to anyways)

And today assembled my two Warhound legs, and as much of the chassis as I can until the magnets come.  Still need to get weapons started too, but that's a good start I feel.

Today I took delivery of two warbringers and a Warlord-Sinister. Plans are afoot for both. I think I’ll do a Warbringer first, perhaps seeing if I can magnetise the top gun, while thinking about how to do the Psi-Titan. I’d like to replace some of the iconography on it, including a modified titanicus symbol like in the book and maybe some lions or lightning bolts, instead of the usual eagles. I’m going to dig through my transfers for stuff like the script on FW’s one. We’ll see how I get on.

Received my order with the Questoris Upgrades for the GME Knights, the new Command Terminal Pack, a Knight Terminal Pack, and Astorum transfers for my partner. (Oh and yesterday snagged a second starter so yay.)

Are meltaguns and rocket pods on Questoris considered mandatory up grades, or just “nice ways to fill out the last few points?” And how much do people actually insist on WYSIWYG with meltas?

Edited by wildweasel

Because they’re so tiny it’s almost a moot point, no one can see a melta from across the table but it’s good to make things clear. If I take a squad with them I’ll actually say, “this squad with meltas is moving here” but I’m that kind of player. If I can manage a win I want it because I did things right.

Not a lot on detail there but hopefully some will find it interesting :smile.:

Sorry for slightly derailing the thread, but this is excellent news.

If they're not going to nerf the card, they could nerf the number you can field. But, I think modifying the weapon stats would be the easiest fix, and hes no more effect than any other typo correction.

TITI did nothing, which is annoying. For the last few days I’ve been frequently thinking about assembling my Warbringers and converting my Psy-Titan but have had no hobby time to do any of this. Might get to do a bit tonight but have to work late. Rubbish.

This does mean I’ve had time to at least think about the Psy-Titan. I want its armour to look more unusual than that of a normal Warlord. I’m thinking of trying to change the styling quite significantly, to something closer to the smooth aesthetic of Custodes. This may or may not prove to be realistic. There’s no rush to get this guy done though, so I might leave him alone until after I’ve done this vow to complete 6 titans in the next couple of months.

I don’t think the Psi-Titan will feature in the vow, but I’m looking forward to working on it. It’s a cool kit. I might feature a Warbringer or two in the vow though, as those look like fun models to work on.

TITI did nothing, which is annoying. For the last few days I’ve been frequently thinking about assembling my Warbringers and converting my Psy-Titan but have had no hobby time to do any of this. Might get to do a bit tonight but have to work late. Rubbish.

This does mean I’ve had time to at least think about the Psy-Titan. I want its armour to look more unusual than that of a normal Warlord. I’m thinking of trying to change the styling quite significantly, to something closer to the smooth aesthetic of Custodes. This may or may not prove to be realistic. There’s no rush to get this guy done though, so I might leave him alone until after I’ve done this vow to complete 6 titans in the next couple of months.

I don’t think the Psi-Titan will feature in the vow, but I’m looking forward to working on it. It’s a cool kit. I might feature a Warbringer or two in the vow though, as those look like fun models to work on.

Mayhaps a colorshift or similar unusual paint effect?

Paint will be mainly black I think. I’m going to more or less replicate the FW one in terms of colours, though I’m currently thinking of a doing the black more glossy-looking and using a chrome look on the edging rather than gold. That’s both to contrast it with my Astorum and Mortis, which both have gold edging, and because I want it to look colder.

But also, I want the armour plates to look significantly different. Greaves almost like a Telemon Dread, and so on. I think it might end up looking like a significantly different beast – if I get round to it!

Must say I'm feeling a bit more interested in the Warbringers and Psi-Titan than the Mortis right now. But can't afford to be Servitor-ised for failing my vow!

Mayhaps a colorshift or similar unusual paint effect?

I love this, a green black color shift would look badass.

Tried the white dwarf rules for my Metalica, an useful combination of +1 repair, veteran princeps, machine defiance and -1 air strike, threw in the scatter mines to hamper the enemy a bit.

I've also played with machine spirits for the first time, it was fun, specially when a titan took over and regenerated all its shields when I pushed the reactor.

I'd love to try some of those but they really need a US distributor.  For my psi-titan I may end up spraying all the panels aluminum and doing some green contrasts over heavy stippling.  

This is moot because my psi-titan is still sitting on a sprue and I haven't finished my first two legios yet. 

Edited by Fajita Fan

TIAT I finally came up with a cognomen for Legio Brythonia: The Prophets of Silence.

This past week I've also been painting, bringing a few hulls up to the completed stage. Should update the plog, need to find a decent photography spot in the new flat.

Dragonlover

TIAT - Close to finishing the Barons for my Banners... Planning some Cerastus Knights next and beyond them my first Warlord.

I have seen my transfers for the Gorgons and I am VERY VERY happy with the result.

Thinking on to my Warlord I am wondering what I should do weapon wise... I own all Warlord guns apart from the Turbo Lasers which I will get once the Psi-titan is back in stock.

Should I paint one of each? I am very tempted to do a DakkaLord (All Gatling) :smile.:

Edited by Wolf Guard Einar

Turbo Dork is in the US.

Really? wow!

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=turbodork+colorshift&crid=2UQ3GQCAV1U54&sprefix=turbodor%2Caps%2C145&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_8

Edit: This Emerald Nightmare looks perfect for a psi-titan.  

Edit:  Ordered the Emeral Nightmare, Floor is Lava, and Blue Raspberry.

Edited by Fajita Fan