Today in Titanicus I...

It’s not a colorshift paint (well turbo-shift now that GSW has their trademark), but Turbo Dork’s colored metallics are *super* vibrant. Check out their website and they show each color over a Dreadball figure and plastic spoon.

https://turbodork.com/

ETA: That said, Emerald Nightmare and some clever use of Nuln Oil Gloss could make for some neat effects.

Edited by wildweasel

Their shifting paints are specifically branded as such, the greater part of their line are single color (but still super saturated metallics).

You can also just prime with a standard black and apply a gloss varnish over that. Note that some of their colors are designed to go over white instead.

Tith I received reinforcements in the shape of the new starter set, probably the fastest shipping I have had yet from Wayland. I was in the middle of building my Warlord and now I have another mountain of plastic to finish.

I will be sharing it with my wife to fill out our current lists. What would everyone think is the best variant of the Reaver to give to my other half to start with? I have the normal one with the upgrade sprue already so I am unsure which to give to her.

Today I finished reading shadow and iron, here are my two cents:

The fluff and new art is pretty good the diverse battlefronts convey the sense of a war on a sector scale and the added drama of the personal vendetta spices things up. The recycled art is a bit lazy and in he map konor and gantz are still shown separatelly.

Praesagius and audax are far better than the other legions, the new audax maniple will make missions like cargo and ambush really easy, and titans like warlords and nemesis will have a hard time responding to an ambush on turn one.

The new campaign rules traits etc are pretty cool, specially the new gear but the defender can contest instead of defending so he could grab the attacker base instead of defending a lesser territoy wining the campaign even if it lost the initiative roll.

The psi titan is prettu expensive for what it does, more a fluffy option than an over competitive one, the -1 ld will see it dragging along the board edges which coupled with the limited movement makes a long ranged option preferable, you can even ignore line of sight so keeping it back with apocalypses is no problem at all.

Finally there are weapon cards in the book (missing bypass rule) the psi gun seems pretty good but the harpoons are pretty crappy.

I rate it better than molech and beneath titandeath.

Edited by noigrim

I would let her choose.

I love the warbringer kit, it is very detailed and quite enjoyable to build. I am now trying to assess how much tolerance there is to have him in a more dynamic pose.

Yeah, just finished building mine. Some great improvements on this ‘2nd gen’ Titan kit. Legs in default pose are a joy to build compared to the Reaver and The magnet holes everywhere is great. Must be getting options for the AA guns as they have magnet holes.

Instructions could be a bit clearer. I straightened the arm joints as they seemed off on the dry fit but now the cables hover slightly above the weapons. Not the end of the world but annoying.

Amazingly detailed though. Very impressive.

Both Warhounds officially finished,* and all 8 weapons magnetized.  The scouting side of my Tiny Titans is getting viable now, bringing the total up to 2 Lancers, 3 Questoris, and 2 Warhounds!  

Also got a Reaver mostly assembled, still need to do the head, arms, and weapons.  But oof, hate the legs and really unhappy with how my pose turned out, looks like it's leaning backwards almost, but too late now.  Hopefully lesson learned for #2. 

That said, I think the next step is going to be finishing another two Warhounds.  They'll go quicker than the Reavers will get finished, and I already have 4 more spare weapons until I get around to building the other 8 from my second box.  So easier to get to the table.  4 Warhounds plus my Knights might just make for a game against my friends' titans. 

*Well, assembled at least.  Painting has to wait for warmer weather since I've no easy painting space, especially for priming it with my spray, inside.

Also, anyone know of a good tool to play with possible Titan Color Schemes?  I've got some idea what I want to do, but not sure until I can see it.  And I'd rather not start a titan up and hate it and need to paint over it.

Also got a Reaver mostly assembled, still need to do the head, arms, and weapons.  But oof, hate the legs and really unhappy with how my pose turned out, looks like it's leaning backwards almost, but too late now.  Hopefully lesson learned for #2. 

Cut it and fix it now, you won't be able to fix it later - trust me :rolleyes:   The ankle can be cut up and reposed with the little ankle armor panels covering up where you need to reglue it.  The hip is harder to fix but it's better to try now.

Cut it and fix it now, you won't be able to fix it later - trust me :rolleyes:   The ankle can be cut up and reposed with the little ankle armor panels covering up where you need to reglue it.  The hip is harder to fix but it's better to try now.

It's definitely the hip that's the problem.  It's not a huge one mind you, just a learning experience.  Looks a bit like it's staggering from a hit or something.

It's definitely the hip that's the problem.  It's not a huge one mind you, just a learning experience.  Looks a bit like it's staggering from a hit or something.

Alternatively you can adjust the angle by slightly elevating the back of the feet so as to bring the full model back to equilibrium. Of course, easier to achieve if not already glued to the base.

Today I overcame my fear of painting yellow again, and started working on my second Warhound for Fureans.
It has been a long time since I painted anything for my first Legio, but it's now high time to finish off the models from last year! As a side effect I also started painting my second Cerastus Banner, but now for the loyalist side. I'm not completely sure on the Household yet. I'm waiting on Shadow & Iron to make the final decision.

Alternatively you can adjust the angle by slightly elevating the back of the feet so as to bring the full model back to equilibrium. Of course, easier to achieve if not already glued to the base.

Good thought, even then the base where the foot is attached can be cut and redone with cork.  Can we see some pictures?

Good idea on the elevated back part of the foot.  That sounds like a good plan, as I haven't yet glued to the base.  Here's kind of the look at the moment.  Not the best quality, but good enough to see what I mean.  Torso not yet glued or magnetized either, so it's possibly slightly further leaned back than it might be, but not by much.

Disco Titan

Based on the picture, it should be quite easy elevating the back part. I strongly advice pinning one of the legs to the base. If it were mine, I would likely tackle it as if the titan is walking/running down a hill/ruin, the right foot on the descending slope, pinned to the base, the left one in the air.

Have a look at my thread, I did post a few tips and tricks learned while assembling mine a while ago, of particular interest page 3 http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/350487-mendi-warriors-adeptus-titanicus-project-log/page-3, other tricks and tips are scattered along my different posts.

Let us know the results!