Today in Titanicus I...

I’m reading “Double Eagle” to get excited for the new AI then I’m starting  “Titandeath” to read about these siege titans. 

I found a small container at Walmart with locking handles on the lid for transport. It’s just tall enough for a Warlord if I don’t stack something on the lid and my plan is to magnetize the bottom and glue little 8x2mm tall magnets to the bottom of their bases so they don’t slide around. That’s just big enough to fit Legio Custodes and my as-yet-unbuilt psi-titan. 

BD7572AC CECC 49B0 B170 8D5B42783709

Also spent a few minutes slapping some cheap color shifting craft paint on a Wraith for a Xenos campaign. The blackish gold still needs another coat and the green is color shifting green edged with contrast paint. Idea: would hormagaunts beefed up with Greenstuff make good carnifexes for a bug hunt?

A996DE9C BBA5 405D 925A 4CF230295342

24DC5B67 2234 4578 BEE9 6856AFDF7D59

3287EF1D A65E 4F29 B951 699E1E6F2835

And finally I mocked up my latest Vulcan megabolter proxies. They’re finally the right size but they had lots of little hairs sticking out because my printer at work is acting weird. The gun barrels were a mess but I’ll try again at some point.  

9D9D150F 71DD 487D 9E8F 2A26F084C745

F45C6829 7356 4F13 A224 751B079C3EA5

Wondering how Titans would walk through over jungles and over  through hills.

FTFY :P

On a more seriuos note, i guess they'd stomp anything that's in the way that can't be easily circumvented. Then again, dense terrain isn't the forte of titans in my mind, similar to how tnaks are used irl these days.

Today (actually yesterday) I tried out using the new GW wraithbone primer as a base for yellow. I think it’s worked quite well. You still need two or three thin coats of yriel yellow over it, but the result is nice and bright.

48461655071_e82ab7a853_k.jpg

I think I’d recommend this approach to anyone who wants yellow panels. The Wraithbone gives a nice flat coverage that any other paint would be fine over.

TIAT I realised I'm just not enjoying painting Space Marines for ETL and painted my Battlefield Stratagems for AT instead.

Question; I'm going to build my AT building this week I think (had them a year...). What's everyones recommendations? Many small at 2-3 stories? Or less but bigger? 

I wanted LoS blocking terrain for Warlords so I made styrofoam apartment buildings just tall enough to clear them. For just a few bucks at Walmart I can make quite a few!  I have enough of the AT terrain to make some nice buildings that I don't have physical space for including the 9"x14" cathedral I had planned. 

I wanted LoS blocking terrain for Warlords so I made styrofoam apartment buildings just tall enough to clear them. For just a few bucks at Walmart I can make quite a few! I have enough of the AT terrain to make some nice buildings that I don't have physical space for including the 9"x14" cathedral I had planned.

Pictures or it didn't happen!

What, the buildings or the cathedral?

These are the apartments, I made the building facade and roof texture in Publisher but redid it to make the floors shorter as a Reaver should easily stand 9 or 10 stories tall. I'll post pics when I finish hot gluing them.

153AFFC9 82A4 452F B62B D1C3B9CA4014

6633CD36 A741 498F 8367 D0F34D7BBCC0

0EBF6F8D 804B 43E3 BCDC 63982F3FCF54

This was the start of the cathedral, I had to 3d print some floors to add strength but I put this on the back burner to get my titans painted in my limited hobby time.

2A3F26C2 057D 4D45 97AA 789806D3E7D8

235CF8A6 F5CA 4081 B3AF 3CEC2779FF0D

I am trying to decide on a traitor legion quite fancy Legio Vulcanum. Only things I have as a rule are: reasonable rules and a total contrast to Legio Defensor (not Fureans though yellow and them flames are a bit beyond me!) Might end up waiting for the next book to decide does anyone know any rumours around that? 

edit: ooo Metalica had a traitor element I LOVE their scheme!

Edited by Reyner

I am trying to decide on a traitor legion quite fancy Legio Vulcanum. Only things I have as a rule are: reasonable rules and a total contrast to Legio Defensor (not Fureans though yellow and them flames are a bit beyond me!) Might end up waiting for the next book to decide does anyone know any rumours around that? 

edit: ooo Metalica had a traitor element I LOVE their scheme!

I'm having the same thought. I'm actually thinking Mortis might be the way to go. Penumbral Reaper sounds like fun and I could have an army designed to zerg people (using their free move strat) rather than just blast things like my Astorum tend to.

No rush. Got loads to do on the Warp Runners still.

Last week in the hobby - I went on holiday and took a hobby box of stuff to make with me. I got a Warlord, 6 Q-Knights and 1 A-Knight built

This morning in the hobby - I had just enough time to get the magnets into the warlord before I had to leave for work

This evening in the Hobby - I'll hopefully get the warlord primed and get some painting* done on my warhounds

*what I refer to as painting mostly resembles what would happen if you dropped your miniatures into a bucket full paint and then added a drunk octopus