Today in Titanicus I...

I am thinking we might see an AT release this coming Sunday, this would allow for resumption of the Engine Kill article series on the last Tuesday of the month. No concrete info though so consider this a somewhat "educated" guess.

Well, in view of the released schedule for articles, I'm revising my "prediction". We might see an AT release announced on Sunday July 26, with pre-orders on August 1st, this with an Engine Kill article on Tuesday July 28 to sing the praises of all the cool stuff to be released. Hoping to see a bit more than what we already have seen.

They might sneak them in. There's apparently an engine kill article on the last week of the month. They've already done one for these knights though I think.

It does look a bit tricky to see when they'll appear. Next saturday Indomitus goes on preorder for two weeks. Could they go up the same time as it, to fill in the week where nothing is released? Dunno.

Its not impossible but yyyeeaaah :/ Even the mighty bloodbowl just got some repacks instead of the snotlings. If nothing else i suspect thats because the majority of the plastics manufacturing is 40k focused, they probably wont get a surge like they did for 8th but they have to be hoping!

In more positive news ive got another 3 knights basecoated, which brings me to 12 Cerastus and 9 Questoris pleading for highlights and freehand :D 

Finally had a chance to play with the TitanTracker app it’s pretty nice! It lets you name your titans and just use radio buttons to track shields and damage, has all the weapon cards, and the order text. The only things I wish is that you can save a maniple so you don’t need to keep entering names and being able to change weapons, I think you have to delete a titan and add it again in order to change weapons between games.

Neat idea, I’m glad someone took the time to make it.

Edited by Fajita Fan

Today, (well yesterday in fact) I played my first actual game! I managed a victory on a retrieval mission, with one of my Warhounds just running at full pelt into the middle and back out again. (With a cheeky use of the Long Retreat to avoid presenting rear armour on part of the way back.)

But my favourite bit was when I walked my Power Fist Reaver right into the face of my opponent's Power Fist Reaver, (He must have thought I was a bit nuts to do it, when he had the initiative.) he then added two Cerastus into the mix and a fist fight was on.

I then threw down my ace. Dominant Strategist, taking the initiative in the combat phase. I powered up the fist, targetting the head for the shortest track. The Reaver was in my Forrix Maniple so I was hitting on 3+, not 4+. It was gonna be sweet.

I rolled a 1 and a 2...

So, I'm now facing down two Cerastus and a Power Fist Reaver, and I've done nothing. I cheekily then target the fist with my remaining weapons to try and salvage something and take it out! I then take some heavy gut punches from the Cerastus, one of whom is then killed by my nearby Warhounds, but when the Reaver hits me at point blank range with its remaining weapons my Titan is destroyed and spins to wild fire at my supporting Warhounds! Fortunately, he does almost no damage, and then falls, perfectly, right on top of my opponent's Reaver and Cerastus, damaging the Reaver, and crushing the Knight. It was EPIC!

I love this game!

I'm curious... Does anyone in here have any of our 40k bigger brother titans?

I've given a ton of thought to buying a Reaver but in the end I simply don't enjoy building resin.  Too much scrubbing, too much drilling, too much hassle for something that miiiiiight get used in a game if I can find someone who will enjoy shooting at it.  I've built FW dreads and some characters but I've sorta admitted to myself that I just enjoy kitbashing those characters from plastic.  I won't buy a Sicaran tank even though they're cool as hell because of the fit issues - from people I know who've built them the Reaver is just a scaled up version of the AT Reaver headaches.  The Warlord is apparently easier to build despite being half again bigger because the Reaver legs are just massively annoying. 

The possibility of a plastic 28mm Warhound or Reaver sounds fantastical but there's a tiny chance.  I would give that thought but honestly the bigger the FW resin kit the bigger the hassle that's simply not worth it to me.  

I'm curious... Does anyone in here have any of our 40k bigger brother titans?

I've given a ton of thought to buying a Reaver but in the end I simply don't enjoy building resin....

I love the Reaver design, and have thought about one simply to put in a display - fully acknowledging that it would never be anything other than a mantle-piece toy.

Well, in view of the released schedule for articles, I'm revising my "prediction". We might see an AT release announced on Sunday July 26, with pre-orders on August 1st, this with an Engine Kill article on Tuesday July 28 to sing the praises of all the cool stuff to be released. Hoping to see a bit more than what we already have seen.

I'm thinking that 9th Ed will be the poster child for the entire month of July, along with a trickle of new releases to keep the hype train rolling.

Mid- to Late-August for the Ryza book, and models in September will be my "random guess."

If there’s anything on the horizon it might be the admech questoris knights. There’s one of those on the front of the ryza book and I’m sure that means a model is on the way. They have tons of other stuff they could have used instead if those aren’t on the way.

I don’t know if these will be in engine kill. There’s a lot of unreleased stuff we’ve already seen, including some FW stuff. These articles don’t necessarily mean new releases are coming.

Even as a knight enthusiast i hope we dont get a streak of random knight releases, when you only get one big release every 3 months it gets very samey! Even though the warbringer is a bit too expensive for me to buy it was a hell of a lot more exciting a release than the remaining knights with anti personnel weapons, with the exception of the Armigers, i mean theyd be even more useless but so diddy! :D 

I did an ebay strafing run to pick up some epic Armageddon models :) need to find out how to paint Emperor’s children to add to my bases.

I think the purple spot color will look great against the yellow-black Fureans and my red bases:

C65-F1480-73-F8-4-C5-A-A344-208-BABA2-E4

Today I learned that yes, I did indeed buy a fifth Reaver to get some bitz for conversion purposes. It's not like I have enough, it was only the 18th engine in this house...

God I feel that - I need to source at least one more Reaver Volcano cannon and each time I look at the price difference between the Reaver weapon sprue and full Reaver, I keep telling myself that I *might as well* just buy a whole 'nother Reaver 

Just ordered the paints I need to paint my titans as Legio Fureans. This is fairly significant for me as it puts me a step closer to painting them (which is pretty unheard of for me) and also means I’ve made a decision on which legio to go with, which is also a big step for me!

Just ordered the paints I need to paint my titans as Legio Fureans. This is fairly significant for me as it puts me a step closer to painting them (which is pretty unheard of for me) and also means I’ve made a decision on which legio to go with, which is also a big step for me!

Do it!

Well done! And good luck, if you want any pointers or advice on how to do Fureans, there are plenty of us who have already gone through the pain of figuring out our preferred options for yellow, so feel free to ask!