Today in Titanicus I...

You would be correct, Zodd, one must be able to draw LoS to the location being hit. Little things like that do get forgotten every now and then and the idea of punching the dog hard enough through the neck to sever its head is funny enough to just laugh it off at the table, but by the rules it shouldn't have happened that way ;)

Oh, I agree, I would allow it! But actually, looking at the book this morning, it says you can’t randomly (via the location dice) got a location you can’t draw LOS to. Weirdly, in the rules for targeted shots, I can’t see it says anything to indicate you can’t specifically target a location you can’t see, though. Strange!

Edited by General Zodd

That Warlord can see the head, from above it. He just reaches down and rips it off.

Yeah this is correct. We checked LoS on the table and it was clearly visible.

While the people at the table are always the only ones that matter, just a reminder that ruleswise the LoS is drawn from the weapon and not from the model in general. In general this does mean heads aren't visible from behind for arm weapons and if I were to judge only on the basis of that picture, it would not be visible here either due to the backbump being in the way.

Though fists don't attack in straight lines like rays and bullets, so there's more wiggle room anyway ;)

It was all a bit more confused due to Rhu's conversion. I'm not sure what I'd have been able to see on a warhound out of the box. Rhu's has a bigger head, but also a chunkier carapace and shoulder armour. And the fist is a bit odd because it's so big - you can see different things from the shoulder compared to the ends of its fingers.

However, you could trace a line from all of those places to the warhound's head. My titan isn't directly behind it, so I was  looking down over the warhound's left shoulder. LoS is a binary thing so even though I couldn't see much of the head, enough was visible to attack.

Sorry for de-railing the thread, everyone! Certainly not meaning to impune Mandragola’s fair play!

Getting back on track, TIAT (well, yesterday) I base coated and washed my Vyronii Knights Porphyrion, hoping to get them finished by the end of the weekend.

No worries. It can be useful to go over rules like this and we all get things wrong sometimes. We did actually chat about this at the table. One slightly odd issue was we couldn't find a rule saying you need LoS to a location to do a called shot on it. It tells you to reroll location if you do it randomly, but nothing about called shots - or nothing we could find. We assumed this was an error though.

Sorry for de-railing the thread, everyone! Certainly not meaning to impune Mandragola’s fair play!

Getting back on track, TIAT (well, yesterday) I base coated and washed my Vyronii Knights Porphyrion, hoping to get them finished by the end of the weekend.

No worries. It can be useful to go over rules like this and we all get things wrong sometimes. We did actually chat about this at the table. One slightly odd issue was we couldn't find a rule saying you need LoS to a location to do a called shot on it. It tells you to reroll location if you do it randomly, but nothing about called shots - or nothing we could find. We assumed this was an error though.

Was that something brought up in an interview or AMA with James Hewitt and needing LoS was something he wanted to include but was dropped sometime along the project? 

EDIT: Nope I'm thinking of relative scales in CC derp

Edited by Gore Crow

The dropped thing was indeed about heights, so that knights wouldn't be jump kicking Warlords in the chin. Pretty easy to add into the game if one so desires, realistically you'd mostly just keep the shoulder guns and heads out of Melee reach if the attacker is suitably smaller in Scale.

Yeah, after looking it up again I came to the same conclusion, very odd omission!

Nice start. A couple of those ankle joints worry me a bit though. You should dry fit the front shin plate on your warlord’s right foot and do the same on the reaver’s left foot - the one on the ground.

Lots of us have had problems with the ankles. That ball joint has a ton of movement. It’s only later that you sometimes find the armour isn’t nearly as flexible. You might be ok, but the sooner you know, the better.

Nice start. A couple of those ankle joints worry me a bit though. You should dry fit the front shin plate on your warlord’s right foot and do the same on the reaver’s left foot - the one on the ground.

Lots of us have had problems with the ankles. That ball joint has a ton of movement. It’s only later that you sometimes find the armour isn’t nearly as flexible. You might be ok, but the sooner you know, the better.

I just checked the Warlord, it's good. And which Reaver? The running one?

I'd have worries for the inner left of the flatfooted one, that's a pretty extreme angle on that piston going all the way to the top of the track

TIAT I finished the transfers and varnish on my House Vyronii Porphyrions! Now, I know that what the gaming world needed was probably not more Acastus Knights, but I thought it was time finished these as they’d been sitting built on my shelf since just after they came out... Now, I think I’ll probably do some palette-cleansing hobbits or something, then back to building my Vyronii household force!

EPvB9Qz.jpg

JvByUAT.jpg

tq45yjU.jpg

I'd have worries for the inner left of the flatfooted one, that's a pretty extreme angle on that piston going all the way to the top of the track

Very nice start, I particularly love your dark metal colour, well done!

With regards to the Reaver's feet and problems many of us encountered, these are 3 posts I made a while back in my thread to share my experience while building the Reavers and offer some tips and tricks

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/350487-mendi-warriors-adeptus-titanicus-project-log/?p=5189546

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/350487-mendi-warriors-adeptus-titanicus-project-log/?p=5189551

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/350487-mendi-warriors-adeptus-titanicus-project-log/?p=5221057

Eager to see the next steps!

Very nice start, I particularly love your dark metal colour, well done!

With regards to the Reaver's feet and problems many of us encountered, these are 3 posts I made a while back in my thread to share my experience while building the Reavers and offer some tips and tricks

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/350487-mendi-warriors-adeptus-titanicus-project-log/?p=5189546

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/350487-mendi-warriors-adeptus-titanicus-project-log/?p=5189551

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/350487-mendi-warriors-adeptus-titanicus-project-log/?p=5221057

Eager to see the next steps!

That's good advice. I'm glad the Warlord's foot is fine. With the Reaver it probably won't be too bad, but it's still better to know sooner rather than later if there's a problem. I've had to break apart more than one Reaver Ankle to get them to work better.

The good thing with Reavers is that you can bend the toes quite easily. So the way to get a walking pose is generally to stick the foot on relatively flat relative to the ankle, but bend the front toe. If you bend the front toe up and the others slightly down, it'll look quite decent.

Here's a pic that partially illustrates what I mean. Not actually 100% happy with this pose but the back foot is fine. The armour did fit on.

49758906017_09ca8b4510_h.jpg