Today in Titanicus I...

• 2 weeks later...

Tax rebate was burning a hole in my pocket so ive ended up ordering a bunch of smaller engines instead of a Warmaster. Still i think an LRM boat Reaver conversion, a corrupted melee reaver an Iben Faruk and a warbringer should give me enough to keep me going a while! 

TIAT, well, last night, actually, I finished two more Titanicus buildings! Combined a few Mechanicum building components with the Civitas Imperialis. Got another couple of buildings to go then I think I can probably call it a day for a while with the scenery!

NZEwKfl.jpg

mzJrPqc.jpg

Edited by General Zodd

TIAT, I have finished a couple more buildings! I think I’ll take a break on the scenery for a little while, it’s been far too long since I supplemented my Atarus force, who are in dire need of a Warbringer...

So, these are intended as a couple of Munitorum buildings, the big one is supposed to be a supply depot, the second, smaller one is supposed to be a silo/tank/whatever these things are, for resupplying the depot.

is18iRC.jpg

Vl74Bx5.jpg

Close up of the depot courtyard;

KX1Ny59.jpg

What are you using for the bases out of interest?

It’s simply 1.5mm plasticard, cut to shape with strong scissors, then I give the edge a bevel with a modelling knife. Once the building’s glued down it’s PVA for areas of small rock chippings and the rest is sand, then I undercoat the whole lot together.

1.5mm plasticard is my preferred material, as it’s widely available, pretty cheap, thin enough for scissors to work but thick enough to not get too bendy!

Now, basing scenery like this limits the boards it looks “right” on, but I think it helps sell the buildings as places rather than just as things.

TITI assessed the purchases I made yesterday.

I bought a set from someone who bought some models in year one, but never got round to doing anything beyond building and undercoating. (And they didn't glue panels on, so that was a relief.)

A Reaver, a Warlord, two Warhounds and 3 Questoris. As well as the GM terrain set for £110.

I then spent today sorting out all my unbuilt stuff, built all of my terrain ready for a quick paint up in the near future, and prepared the Ursus Claws/shock Lances I bought at pre-order, but never got around to using. I made them swappable using some nails, and will probably paint the warhounds next, once I clear the remnants of BSF from the queue.

The warhounds will use the urban camo scheme I found a few months back: http://colorblindpainter.blogspot.com/2015/04/destroyer-tank-hunter.html?m=1

I'm also tempted, as these two Warhounds will be the ones with the claws operating up close to trip up the big boys like an ATAT at Hoth (fluff wise, if not game play wise...) I may also equip them with some form of camoleoline shrouds.

Finished up my Christmas present Titan to tabletop standard, though ill no doubt find flaws from big photos and/or be compelled to tidy or add more freehand :D 

Especially the front nameplate, which i hate! :/ 

51013779402_5c58daf87f_o.jpg

51013689881_d240d9fbd2_o.jpg

51012966173_ca02547069_o.jpg

TIT I would like to work out what to arm my new second Warlord with.

I have one Bellicosa, and two apocs. My other Warlord is Bellicosa, Apocs and Quake, and I want something different, but still provide mid-log range fire support (for fluff reasons, no Clawlords!)

Should I get the Plasma sprue from GW, or go full gatling from FW?

In terms of buying FW stuff I would recommend getting a macro Gatling cannon, quake cannon and paired gatlings for the roof. I’d strongly suggest a reaver VMB at the same time. Those are things that you’ll use a lot. If you place an order for a few things together then you cut down on postage a bit.

If you want you can add in some of the other warlord guns, the warp missile, warhound claw and resin knights. Those are all quite nice things to have but far less ubiquitous.

Yeah the FW resin badly lacks in the cost/wow balance for me, fortunately all those things are trivial to convert in plastic :) 

Still a bit cross about those Knights being resin though NGL but they are pretty far from essential.