Today in Titanicus I...

They get archived but you need a specific subscription to access the archives. I try to watch them live, subject to having time. I watched the last 20 minutes today, basically they showed the colour plates from the books and Duncan and others commented on how they paint this and that. I don't know if they showed painted models earlier.

To watch the VODs on a twitch channel you need to be subsrcibed, warhammer tv dont upload the streams to youtube. To get subscribed you can either pay 4.99$ a month or get a free "prime" subscription if you own an amazon prime account. That's how i watch that stuff because i never make it to the streams or gotta leave earlier or whatever.

Edit: I just went through the painting video with a lot of ffwd, they only referenced the warhammer community article from Duncan way back when, and went over some of the color schemes with Duncan giving tips how to do them. No actual painting or models, sadly. But the battle report afterwards seems quite the show ;)

Edited by Marshal Wolfhart

Today I designed my custom legion for a game on Sunday (my 2nd game) using the WD rules

Legio Stompus Roboticus (working name)

Legion Special Rules

Elite Magos: The Legions titans can roll an extra repair dice during the damage control phase, in addition to those indicated by their servitor clades. In addition, Titans fielded as part of this Legio may add 2 to their command checks when attempting to go onto Emergency Repair Orders

Engines of War: Chose a class of Titan (e.g. Warlord). The Titan Legion may always substitute one of the mandatory Titans in a maniple with a Titan of this type

Legion Specific Stratagems

Red Skies (1): Reveal when suffering a Magazine Detonation or Catastrophic Meltdown result on the Catastrophic Damage table to add 5 to the Titan's scale when resolving the effects

Gifts of the Dark Mechanicum (2): Play in the Strategy phase of the first round. Pick a Titan. Each time that Titan pushes its reactor, you may put a token on this card instead of rolling a Reactor die. Once this card has 3 tokens it is discarded

Elite magos - more repair is good

engines of war as my list is 2 warlords and 2 warhounds but I don't want to do a Regiea manple, going for axoim instead

Gifts of the dark mechanicum to help out my volcano cannon warlord

red skies because it sound fun :p

This week in Titanicus my order of Titandeath and a bunch of additional weapon sprues finally arrived, so I'll be putting those together at some point this week. I'm also looking at potentially starting a campaign using the rules in Titandeath.

Dragonlover

If you don't have a #adeptustitanicus Instagram tab open on your phone you need one. Saw these today and I'm super jealous:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1gic55IXvq/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1giYt_o-dL/

I don't have that kind of time to spend on bases but I wish I did.

For those interested, the guy has a blog with tutorials. The text is in French but there are many pictures.

http://www.taistoietpeins.fr/

Edited by Mendi Warrior

Today my Legio Astorum crushed Legio Xestobiax. My Warlord and both my Reavers get through the slaughter nearly unharmed (one Reaver lost two structur points to the body. One of my Warhound had been a burning but still walking ruin and the second one get killed. Legio Xestobiax lost both Reavers and both Warhound. My surviving Warhound managed to rescue the crashed titan crew (Mission: Retrieval) 

The article talking about the Nova preview has a grid of game system logos and AT isn’t on there (Necromunda is though). So I’d say no reveal for us this week. Gotta be due one soon though.

The article talking about the Nova preview has a grid of game system logos and AT isn’t on there (Necromunda is though). So I’d say no reveal for us this week. Gotta be due one soon though.

I hope that you are right, and we will see soon some news about AT. But there are still some things missing from the previous reveal. Some Reaver weapons and the updated Questoris box. But I would love if there would be something more for us this autumn/winter. Fingers crossed for new Cerastus variants.

We should be in the same approx every 3 month cycle that the other SG games are. So I think we’d be due one around October-ish (July was the last one). So we could see a reveal in the next few weeks or they could show it in October and release immediately after.

That’s how I understand the schedule anyway.

Today in Titanicus I actually won a battle! Played an awesome game at Chatteris Warlords games club. We didn't use Legio, maniple rules or stratagems, as it was my opponent's first game and my fourth. Fairly even right up the end; I'd trashed a reaver and my opponent had toasted my cerastus banner. Then I popped a warhound's shields and it took a plasma blast gun on maximal fire to the face! Burned it right off. Much to my delight, my opponent had magnetised his titan's head and he popped it right off :)

TIAT I started reading the rules (sound great) and have started researching the proper Legion and knight household for me. I'm currently trying to dig up more on Legio Astraman and House Moritaine. Anyone got pictures or more info on the two?

The other option might be Legio Crucius, who sound cool, but suffer from a bit boring colour scheme with just black and white. I know, I know, it works for the Black Templars, but Titans are larger models and large black models might be a bit...uninteresting? Although I'm open to arguments against that. ^^

Stompus Roboticus LOL

What are you going to substitute for Engines of War?

I swapped the Reaver in an Axiom for a warlord

Had to games of AT at the weekend - normally id only get one game in every couple of months. The 2nd was a teaching game and quite good fun but the first game was glorious - possibly the most fun I've had at a wargaming table for a long time

the sides where as follows

Loyalist: 3x Reaver (in a corsair maniple), 6x Questorius Knights, 2x Acatus knights

Traitor: 2x Warlord, 2x Warhound (in an Axiom maniple thanks to some titan swapping shenanigans)

the only things to survive the game were 2 Questorius knights, everything else died. The lowest that was rolled on the catastrophic damage table was a wild fire but we had a least 3 magazine detonations and one reactor meltdown.

I claimed victory because I had scored the most points, the other guy claimed victory because he still had 2 models on the table