Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Today in Titanicus I...

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

Mendi Warrior

Mendi Warrior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,037 posts

Today in Titanicus, there is a Twitch stream "Painting Adeptus Titanicus with Duncan Rhodes" starting at 5pm UK time, followed by a Legio Ferrata vs Legio Praesagius game

https://www.twitch.tv/warhammer

gallery_48988_15151_9524.png

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,241 posts
  • Faction: All of them?

Do they get uploaded to Youtube or archived?

Mendi Warrior

Mendi Warrior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,037 posts

They get archived but you need a specific subscription to access the archives. I try to watch them live, subject to having time. I watched the last 20 minutes today, basically they showed the colour plates from the books and Duncan and others commented on how they paint this and that. I don't know if they showed painted models earlier.

Marshal Wolfhart

Marshal Wolfhart

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 445 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

To watch the VODs on a twitch channel you need to be subsrcibed, warhammer tv dont upload the streams to youtube. To get subscribed you can either pay 4.99$ a month or get a free "prime" subscription if you own an amazon prime account. That's how i watch that stuff because i never make it to the streams or gotta leave earlier or whatever.

Edit: I just went through the painting video with a lot of ffwd, they only referenced the warhammer community article from Duncan way back when, and went over some of the color schemes with Duncan giving tips how to do them. No actual painting or models, sadly. But the battle report afterwards seems quite the show ;)

Edited by Marshal Wolfhart, 22 August 2019 - 07:27 PM.

No pity.

No remorse.

No fear.

gallery_72918_14801_46020.jpg

Andy Tea

Andy Tea

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 73 posts

Today I designed my custom legion for a game on Sunday (my 2nd game) using the WD rules

Legio Stompus Roboticus (working name)

Legion Special Rules

Elite Magos: The Legions titans can roll an extra repair dice during the damage control phase, in addition to those indicated by their servitor clades. In addition, Titans fielded as part of this Legio may add 2 to their command checks when attempting to go onto Emergency Repair Orders

Engines of War: Chose a class of Titan (e.g. Warlord). The Titan Legion may always substitute one of the mandatory Titans in a maniple with a Titan of this type

Legion Specific Stratagems

Red Skies (1): Reveal when suffering a Magazine Detonation or Catastrophic Meltdown result on the Catastrophic Damage table to add 5 to the Titan's scale when resolving the effects

Gifts of the Dark Mechanicum (2): Play in the Strategy phase of the first round. Pick a Titan. Each time that Titan pushes its reactor, you may put a token on this card instead of rolling a Reactor die. Once this card has 3 tokens it is discarded

Elite magos - more repair is good

engines of war as my list is 2 warlords and 2 warhounds but I don't want to do a Regiea manple, going for axoim instead

Gifts of the dark mechanicum to help out my volcano cannon warlord

red skies because it sound fun :P

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,241 posts
Stompus Roboticus LOL

What are you going to substitute for Engines of War?

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,241 posts

If you don't have a #adeptustitanicus Instagram tab open on your phone you need one. Saw these today and I'm super jealous:

https://www.instagra.../p/B1gic55IXvq/

https://www.instagra.../p/B1giYt_o-dL/

I don't have that kind of time to spend on bases but I wish I did. 

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 810 posts
TIAT I played my first campaign game. I narrowly lost, but it was great fun.

Dragonlover

Dragonlover

++ PATRIS ANGUIGENA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,011 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion

This week in Titanicus my order of Titandeath and a bunch of additional weapon sprues finally arrived, so I'll be putting those together at some point this week. I'm also looking at potentially starting a campaign using the rules in Titandeath.

Dragonlover

Mendi Warrior

Mendi Warrior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,037 posts

If you don't have a #adeptustitanicus Instagram tab open on your phone you need one. Saw these today and I'm super jealous:

https://www.instagra.../p/B1gic55IXvq/

https://www.instagra.../p/B1giYt_o-dL/

I don't have that kind of time to spend on bases but I wish I did.

For those interested, the guy has a blog with tutorials. The text is in French but there are many pictures.

http://www.taistoietpeins.fr/

Edited by Mendi Warrior, Yesterday, 10:21 AM.

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,241 posts
Awesome, maybe for my third legio...

Marshal Wolfhart

Marshal Wolfhart

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 445 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

TIAT i got bored with layering green and finished my Reavers Apocalypse and Gatling Blaster. Maybe tomorrow he'll be worthy of a WIP shot ;)

No pity.

No remorse.

No fear.

gallery_72918_14801_46020.jpg

Dark Bjoern

Dark Bjoern

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,426 posts
  • Faction: Thagmata Mourndark

Today my Legio Astorum crushed Legio Xestobiax. My Warlord and both my Reavers get through the slaughter nearly unharmed (one Reaver lost two structur points to the body. One of my Warhound had been a burning but still walking ruin and the second one get killed. Legio Xestobiax lost both Reavers and both Warhound. My surviving Warhound managed to rescue the crashed titan crew (Mission: Retrieval) 

• Fajita Fan likes this

2016-06-19_08.56.28_zps3jxgevkj.jpg2016-06-19_08.55.04_zpsl7ia3v3f.jpg

Fajita Fan

Fajita Fan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,241 posts

So you like Warp Ranalloverhim?

• Dark Bjoern likes this

Dark Bjoern

Dark Bjoern