Today in Titanicus I...

I've gotten my knights to where I want them and it's time to move on to the titans. I'll come back to them when I'm going to gloss a few models and give them a pin wash but I have 4 warhounds and a warbringer to get through first :)

I thought using a DSLR would give me better photos but it's pretty old now and really needs a good clean so some of these aren't as good as I would like, 

Knight 1

PpLKDWxm.jpg

Knight 2

fi2MOONm.jpg

Knight 3

GmDcS0pm.jpg

Knight 4

VJx1Jbym.jpg

I have a few more pictures in an album here - https://imgur.com/a/v8Tv2NJ

Also need to get the base rim painted black, and get two more bases painted up. Future work.

Messy work top photo :smile.:

Dispite the heat I managed to get a metalic layer down on the titans I want next. 1 Warbringer and 4 warhounds and nearly all of their weapons. I missed a volcano cannon for the warbringer and a Volkite, a lance and a claw for the warhounds :/ I'll get them done next time and hopefully get most of the airbrush metal work done so I can get details done on them and focus on the armour plates.

twLdhTAm.jpg

TiAT, I finished painting my Volkite weapons (anyone else notice the Warlord Volkite is right arm only?) and an alternate weapon arm from Battle Bling for my Legio Atarus;

mXLzirY.jpg

Here’s the Battle Bling “Lascutter”, but I’ll just use it as a proxy for whichever weapon I haven’t got round to trying yet, I think! Plus the missiles racks on top are theirs too, with the extra long missiles.

eSAi9Kj.jpg

What makes it right arm only?

I’ve forgotten all the details now, but essentially it’s the cable feed underneath. It only goes on one way and looks funny from the other side of the weapon. The left and right front panels aren’t mirror images either, but that’s essentially personal preference, really. I think there was another glitch that stopped me making it left handed, but I can’t now remember what it was. I made them a couple of weeks ago.

Yeah the cable only goes on the outside when it's on the right. It kind of looks like you ought to also have one for the left, as there are holes to mount it, but you don't. Personally I'd have used both sets of cables if I had them. 

I thought this at first too when I built mine, but I think it can be build for the left, the cable is designed to fit either side.

General Zod - sometimes words will not do, I will just say my jaw has opened and is just hanging there looking at that Warbringer!

Honestly that makes me want to take my stuff apart, glue it back onto the sprue, spray it grey and then put it back in the box!

I have literally just found this area of the forum! Shameful as I have been a member for almost 20 years. 

My AT achievement is to have opened the starter box and started assembling the Reaver. It's a lovely mould and kit although the instructions left something to be desired, and I say that as someone who has built some quite crappy 80s/90s Airfix kits. But almost there and time to start thinking about colour scheme, hopefully have something to post soon. 

My AT achievement is to have opened the starter box and started assembling the Reaver. It's a lovely mould and kit although the instructions left something to be desired, and I say that as someone who has built some quite crappy 80s/90s Airfix kits. But almost there and time to start thinking about colour scheme, hopefully have something to post soon.

Most of us have messed up our first Reaver. Here are some of the key issues to watch out for:

Get all the pieces on the correct side. Loads of the leg pieces look like they can go on either leg, but can’t. This includes the feet, the thighs and the armour that goes on the shins. As you say, the instructions are bad, but there’s now plenty of info out there.

Oh and get yourself some magnets, and have fun. This is the best game GW makes.

Finished building (and magnetizing) my second Warlord.

Not sure how I'm going to arm these bad boys, Think I need to get a Forgeworld order in, because having 2 Volcano Cannons, 2 Plasma Blasters,1 Claws, the Missiles, and a paired turbo laser?  There just doesn't seem to be much I can do that isn't going to run a bit to hot for my tastes.  But at least they're magnetized so when I can get an order for more weapons in I'll have options.  And I doubt I'll be running both of them together anytime soon.  But even one doesn't have a build I'm exactly happy with.

Finished building (and magnetizing) my second Warlord.

Not sure how I'm going to arm these bad boys, Think I need to get a Forgeworld order in, because having 2 Volcano Cannons, 2 Plasma Blasters,1 Claws, the Missiles, and a paired turbo laser? There just doesn't seem to be much I can do that isn't going to run a bit to hot for my tastes. But at least they're magnetized so when I can get an order for more weapons in I'll have options. And I doubt I'll be running both of them together anytime soon. But even one doesn't have a build I'm exactly happy with.

With the weapons you have I’d say that one Plasma and one Volcano with missiles is probably the best all round build. That won’t run very hot unless you get really unlucky when using maximal on your Plasmas, which I don’t think you’d necessarily need to do that often with a Volcano to knock big holes in your opponents first. If you want a closer range brawler, double plasma and turbolaser isn’t bad, again not necessarily that hot to run as you can decide when to go shieldbane with the turbolasers (carapace turbos are probably the only time it’s really beneficial to do shieldbane due to the number of shots) and maximal with the plasmas. You could quite happily swap out the turbolasers for missiles, too. You really can’t go wrong with missiles tbh.

If you want to expand your options from FW, the best gun to pair with the Volcano and missiles, imho, is the Mori Quake Cannon. My favourites for closer range brawling is to complement your plasma with a Macro Gatling arm and then Gatling carapace guns. Some people like VMBs as well, but I prefer the Gatlings.

Warlords do kind of need resin guns. It’s a bugbear of mine that they sold them with paired weapons when that’s almost never a good plan. Unfortunately this makes resin the only way to get the best load-outs, which makes warlords far more expensive to run than reavers and hounds - especially since those can be bought cheap in the starter.

Anyway, my advice is to place the following order:

- 1 or 2 mori quake cannons. These go with the apoc launchers and maybe a bellicosa to make a good support engine. Double quake is a very cheap, durable engine that doesn’t generate any heat, which can be good in an Extermigus maniple.

- 2 macro-Gatlings or volkite destructors. These are very similar weapons that can be used very effectively with a Sunfury. They break shields, the Sunfury smashes a hole in the target’s armour, these then put accurate fire into the hole.

A pair of gatlings for the roof. These are a great all round weapon, though their range isn’t amazing. I rate them much higher than laser blasters for a warlord as they’re much better for shield stripping and targeted shots.

This will allow you all sorts of options. You can run your engines both as effective midfield brawlers armed with plasma and Gatling/volkite. Stick missiles on one and gatlings on the other. Or else use one as a support engine and one as a midfielder. Or of course Sunfury and claw is a scary proposition, especially for Legios that are good at moving Warlords forward.

Yeah, I do eventually plan on ordering a pair of each Warlord weapon, plus shoulder options. So the Warlord Volkite is actually worth using though?  I was intending to get it out of loving the Choom Choom, but didn't think it looked too potent!

The warlord version has some merit, yes. As a beam weapon you can choose the location you hit. That’s very powerful if you’re shooting at a damaged titan, where often the important thing is to hit a structurally compromised location at all, rather than needing to hit it hard.

That said, the macro Gatling is also great for this, costs less and doesn’t generate heat. It’s also much better against knights. So the volkite is still kind of worse but maybe more reliable. Both look cool.