Today in Titanicus I...

Very nice Zopha, unusual colour but think it works really well!  Can I ask how you achieved the chequer pattern on the bottom right? It looks great. If you say freehand I shall kill you :biggrin.:

The photo should link to an imgur album with some of the steps for it, I try to do pictures along the way because I find them useful to look back on but basically it's tape cut in to tiny squares.

I didn't freehand cutting the squares either :) I used a cutting plate I got from Ali Express. A "Steel Groove Type Digital Camouflage" cutting plate :D

Kw4jdMzm.jpg

Although I did eyeball positions of the squares so some of them aren't straight :) Shouldn't be noticable on the table top.

One step that I think was useful, or will be if I get bad tape in the future, when you put the tape on put a layer of varnish or a layer of the base colour down (in my case white) and allow to dry fully. If the tape soaks up paint and you get bleed through then it won't matter as it should be the same colour and it will help seal it before you paint on the next colour.

I spent some more time on it today as well, came out well I think.

3fEmLEOm.jpg

The picture links to a small album with some more WIP shots.

Hiyo!

Finally, had the opportunity to take a proper family portrait of my legions both titanic and astartes! I present you, (almost) all of the currently painted Ashen Gods and the Death Guard in their 6 mm glory!

1115251_sm-.JPG
1115252_sm-.JPG
1115253_sm-.JPG
1115254_sm-.JPG
1115255_sm-.JPG
1115256_sm-.JPG
1115257_sm-.JPG
1115258_sm-.JPG
1115259_sm-.JPG
1115260_sm-.JPG

Hope you enjoy!

Now there's only about as much again, waiting on the shelves for their time to get processed as well...  :P

Verrrrrrrrrrrrrry nice work! Always fun to see things laid out :) 

Got the frame built for my third warlord today, waiting on some weapon arms from battlebling for her *excite* 

Vaguely spurred on by writing a campaign pack for our groups lil event in September ive been knocking through my backlog at quite a rate, its far from my best work but ive got 6 more bunkers, Iben Faruk and 6 Cerastus lancers finished off and ready to game with :smile.: 

That leaves 2 Reavers, a Warbringer and 6 more Cerastus in various stages of paint and the Warlord mentioned just above waiting for arms, for which i got the dispatch note today. Gotta clear em all before im allowing myself a Warmaster :biggrin.:  

Edited by Noserenda

The first bunch of terrain kits I've designed are now available on my Cults3d!

Type Alpha Logistics Crates:

Mzg8Fwl.jpg

The Type Alpha Logistics Crates fit perfectly on smallscale terrain. Originally designed for 6mm-8mm scales, it can probably be upscaled for 15mm gaming as well.

Contents:

- 1 closed crate

- 16 opened crates (various types of contents)

- 1 crate handler (figure is about 7.3mm tall)

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/type-alpha-logistics-crate

Type Beta Logistics Crates:

8LNOodw.jpg

The Type Beta Logistics Crates fit perfectly on smallscale terrain. Originally designed for 6mm-8mm scales, it can probably be upscaled for 15mm gaming as well.

Contents:

- 1 closed crate

- 10 opened crates (various types of contents)

- 6 combinations of stacked crates

- 1 crate handler (figure is about 7.4mm tall)

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/type-beta-logistics-crate

Type Gamma Logistics Crates:

nVSv7d6.jpg

The Type Gamma Logistics Crates fit perfectly on smallscale terrain. Originally designed for 6mm-8mm scales, it can probably be upscaled for 15mm gaming as well.

Contents:

- 1 closed crate

- 15 opened crates (various types of contents)

- 1 crate handler (figure is about 7.3mm tall)

- 8 combinations of stacked crates

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/type-gamma-logistics-crates

Type Delta Logistics Crates:

HNOmCYN.jpg

The Type Delta Logistics Crates fit perfectly on smallscale terrain. Originally designed for 6mm-8mm scales, it can probably be upscaled for 15mm gaming as well.

Contents:

- 1 closed crate

- 10 combinations of stacked crates

- 2 crate handlers (each little less than 7.5mm tall)

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/type-delta-logistics-crates

Type Alpha Transport Drums:

ssYVlnP.jpg

The Type Alpha Transport Drums fit perfectly on smallscale terrain. Originally designed for 6mm-8mm scales, it can probably be upscaled for 15mm gaming as well.

Contents:

- 1 individual transport drum

- 5 combinations of transport drums stacked on top of each other

- 5 combinations of transport drums stacked next one another

- 1 handler (figure is about 7.2mm tall)

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/type-alpha-transport-drums

Type Beta Transport Drums:

XXDtKad.jpg

The Type Beta Transport Drums fit perfectly on smallscale terrain. Originally designed for 6mm-8mm scales, it can probably be upscaled for 15mm gaming as well.

Contents:

- 1 individual transport drum

- 5 combinations of transport drums stacked on top of each other

- 5 combinations of transport drums stacked next one another

- 1 handler (figure is about 6.9mm tall)

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/type-beta-transport-drums

Today in Titanicus I...

Have my titans one step closer to being finished, I got some of the heads assembled and wanted to do a dry fit and mark a milestone for me :) The main colours on the armour plates are done and once I finish the weapons the great trimmening will begin. I thought silver would work for trim but it blends too much with the white, gold suits it much better.

hEkdtaom.jpg  oZkh2CJm.jpg

N9cWT0Cm.jpg  FIk1Lt2m.jpg

Also started on masking for a warbringer. I'm not sure what direction I'll go for the rest of it so might take some time for me to make progress on it and the warhound weapons will keep me busy for awhile. One idea is to paint a couple of the leg panels red to mark it out as having served in the Prospero Vigil at somepoint, not something I'll do on all the larger titans but just two or three of them.

WpwTxjXm.jpg

Once I have the warbringer finished I will have a full Arcus maniple and plan to move on to Reavers with the ultimate goal of a Warlord.

Today in Titanicus, I thought it handy to share some free samples with the community.

FREE SAMPLES (SEPT. 2021)

oRenWHz.jpg

Just some free samples for you guys to try out. The kit contains:

- 1 drunk worker

- 1 potted cactus

- 1 closed Type Alpha Logistics Crate

- 1 empty Type Beta Logistics Crate

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/free-samples-sept-2021

Today I finished another building. I’m really getting through them now. I’ve got enough civitas bits for one more, which will probably be a tall-ish tower of some sort.

I’ve had quite a lot of fun with these kits. They’re kind of a pain to work with but you can do some fun things with them. The hexagon shapes you can make are particularly useful, partly because you can make an end out of 3 bits instead of 4, because the hexagonal spires for on and because they look pretty good. I’ll post some pics when the town is constructed.

Today I finished another building. I’m really getting through them now. I’ve got enough civitas bits for one more, which will probably be a tall-ish tower of some sort.

I’ve had quite a lot of fun with these kits. They’re kind of a pain to work with but you can do some fun things with them. The hexagon shapes you can make are particularly useful, partly because you can make an end out of 3 bits instead of 4, because the hexagonal spires for on and because they look pretty good. I’ll post some pics when the town is constructed.

Pictures or it didn't happen! :wink:

Just released some new terrain

Smallscale speaker boxes

Vr5G7Vl.jpg

These speaker boxes are great for those who'd love to kitbash in smallscale (6mm / 8mm). Whilst originally designed for 6mm / 8mm scales, these might also work for bigger ones. You might want to check the details when going bigger than 15mm scale.

This set contains the following parts:

- 3 types of individual speakers

- 10 individual handing speakers

- 4 types of racked hanging speakers

- 9 combinations of stacked speakers

- bonus worker

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/smallscale-speaker-boxes

Smallscale graveyard

LKiUbUc.jpg

Bring out your dead! This kit will allow you to easily build cemeteries in 6mm / 8mm scales. The necropolis structure and graves are modular, allowing for many different combinations to be made.

This kit contains the following parts:

- modular necropolis (crypts with terminal, crypts, roof)

- modular graves (4 graves, 4 gravestones)

- 3 caskets

- 6 dead bodies*

- 9 bundles of candles

Please do not share of sell these files without my written permission!

*one of the corpses might have an orientation issue on the faces, the software are contradicting one another. Which is why I've included two versions of it. Please let me know if there are any issues!

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/smallscale-cemetery-kit

Smallscale cacti

BDL1Rm4.jpg

These cacti will allow you to decorate your smallscale terrain and bases. Whilst originally designed for 6mm or 8mm scale, they should also work for larger scales if resized.

The kit contains the following bits:

- 28 potted cacti

- 13 unpotted cacti

- 8 empty pots

- 1 worker

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/smallscale-cacti

Smallscale vending machines

zTPpurP.jpg

Even in the grimdark future one might need a quick drink or snack! These vending machines are suitable for many smallscale (6mm or 8mm) projects, but could also be resized for bigger stuff. I wouldn't recommend going bigger than 15mm without redoing the details.

This set contains the following bits:

- 10 different vending machines

- 3 drunk workers

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/smallscale-vending-machines

We played a three game one day event today, and I went LWW. 

I took a pretty tailored Custom Legio List, with a full Ferrox and support Reaver, with plentiful use of Reactor Fetters, Hunting Motives and Bastion Shielding. My plan was that I wanted to keep the heat on my titans much lower than normal, and try and make them last longer as a result. It's all well and good having 7 titans in turn one, but not thatuseful if your Warhounds are cooking themselves by turn two! I have to say, it went pretty well.

Highlights include:

A Chainfist/VMB/Melta Reaver turn one charging a Warlord, and finishing it off in the combat phase. (Spearhead deployment is always a bloodbath!)

One of my Warhounds charging a fresh warhound, with the benefit of Great Crusade Titans and a lengthy charge, smash attacking him to death in one go!

My Princeps Reaver turn two charging a Reaver, pretty much in my opponent's deployment zone, killing it in the subsequent combat phase, tanking a whole round of shooting. (Crits on all three tracks!) then charging a warhound, killing that, and then dying, wild firing into an enemy Warbringer with moderate success.

I'm not convinced about Melee Reavers anymore. They attract too much fire, and need an unhealthy amount of luck to survive and reach a target.

My preference at the moment is Chainfist, Melta, Vulcan, with support from a ranged titan with Gatling, Apoc, Volcano. I don't use turbolasers or laser blasters at all anymore.

Yeah Melee Reavers work as part of a complete plan rather than individually, in this casewhile she didnt achieve anything directly, she pulled 3 warhounds out of position to finish her off which directly lead to one of them dying and the other two being combat ineffective. At the end of the game my melee reaver was dead but two of my others were basically untouched and the third was badly damaged, but primarily from an enemy Warlord cooking off :D 

If the enemy does ignore the melee reaver they can essentially pick an enemy titan and kill it, then carry on its merry way which is also nice! 

Some players are (i think) inordinately afraid of melee titans too, at our last campaign weekend i wrote a scenario with a deliberately near impossible mission as part of it but the opposition did not want to get anywhere near the melee reaver which left said objective wide open :P 

Im not sure about Reaver lasers either, from time to time the shieldbane or aimable S8 is decisive but i think for every shot like that there are a whole load of "meh". Though the three shots of the arm mounted version is a bit more efficient for shieldbane purposes at least.

My statistically most lethal titan totes double Melta cannons, and she is pretty terrifying, but i think that is distorted by her Maniple mates tearing off shields for her!

Lasers are just bad. They're rubbish at dealing big chunk damage, and don't have the shots to finish. I don't use them at all anymore, and I don't miss them.

That was the problem my third opponent had yesterday, he had no finishing weapons. I had three titans with crits on three locations each, whereas his were dying with two clean tracks because I was piling in Vulcan and Gatling shots, and smash attacks.

Killing titans is about doing multiple heavy hits to structurally-compromise a location and then hitting the same place accurately a few more times to run out the crit track. A plasma and dakka combo of some sort is a very efficient way of achieving that.  Lasers just aren't great at either making that initial hole or finishing the job.

The only time I like a laser blaster at the moment is in a Ferrox Reaver, where thanks to the better strength and melee accuracy it's roughly equivalent to a gatling blaster or melta. Otherwise they're very hard to justify. I ran Penumbral Reaper in my last game and between having only one arm gun and the laser blasters on the roof he seemed almost harmless in the shooting phase. He did manage to smash in a warbringer though, which was nice.

I run a double laser reaver with apoc launcher and a TBD and laser blaster with Gatling and love them. They are very flexible which suits the reaver very well. They do great work for me. Certain legios get even more mileage out of them.

IMO the best reaver is melta, Gatling and Vulcan but do I want 5 reavers armed the same? No. Especially in a more relaxed gaming experience which AT tends to be.

I prefer most of my titans to be armed differently to keep them individual.

Finally started my second Reaver. All magnetised, and I'm getting my pose on:

gallery_58096_16840_163972.jpg

Nice. The pose looks great. You're going to have a lot of trouble getting the ankle pistons to all fit on with such a big angle there though. I find the best approach is to have the foot as straight as possible on the end of the leg because there's so little freedom to angle that joint. Then fill under it (say with bits of warhound or green stuff) to get it to fit to the base.