Today in Titanicus I...

I have done a pose similar to that and had some really close calls but its definitely doable, just one of those gotcha moments when you first do it and something you can plan around the second time. Looking great though.

On another note I may have brought another Precept Maniple that I am definitely not ready to build.

Edited by Black_Knight

Nice. The pose looks great. You're going to have a lot of trouble getting the ankle pistons to all fit on with such a big angle there though. I find the best approach is to have the foot as straight as possible on the end of the leg because there's so little freedom to angle that joint. Then fill under it (say with bits of warhound or green stuff) to get it to fit to the base.

Finally started my second Reaver. All magnetised, and I'm getting my pose on:

Thanks, I've since glued all the pistons at the ankle/shin on the right leg in the most extreme positions possible and will be posing based on what I can achieve with everything fixed in place! 

Might be a more fiddly job with the plates glued on, but worth it to make sure the pose is possible. 

Nice. The pose looks great. You're going to have a lot of trouble getting the ankle pistons to all fit on with such a big angle there though. I find the best approach is to have the foot as straight as possible on the end of the leg because there's so little freedom to angle that joint. Then fill under it (say with bits of warhound or green stuff) to get it to fit to the base.

Finally started my second Reaver. All magnetised, and I'm getting my pose on:

Thanks, I've since glued all the pistons at the ankle/shin on the right leg in the most extreme positions possible and will be posing based on what I can achieve with everything fixed in place! 

Might be a more fiddly job with the plates glued on, but worth it to make sure the pose is possible. 

Ok cool. It makes sense to go about it that way, to be certain it works. I've seen a lot of people stick the skeleton together, paint the armour separately, then find it won't stick on. I look forward to seeing the completed engine.

TiAT, I fielded my dreaded psi-Titan again for the first time in a while! My opponent asked me to take the gloves off and go full gamey on him. 2000 points, so I went for the Warlord Sinister supporting a full Ferrox Maniple, one of which had a Vortex Missile. My opponent had Mortis with a full Corsair maniple, a banner of three Lancers and a banner of two Lancers.

The one-two punch of a Vortex missile and Sinistramanus Tenebrae is an almost guaranteed engine kill, assuming you don’t roll a weapon as the Vortex target! But not something I’d suggest for gentlemanly play in a casual setting…

The Sinister ended up killing two Reavers and the unit of 3 Lancers, the last of which managed to just edge ahead of the Warhound Cerberus Rex who also saw off two Reavers, equal kill count with a Warhound would have been embarrassing for the Psi-Titan!

New release!

Smallscale Shipping Containers (Type Alpha):

2T9kldj.jpg

hz5qCjK.jpg

b9dYW9Z.jpg

PSjEvFD.jpg

43YGKbc.jpg

Various types of shipping containers are found throughout the human colonies. The Type Alpha Shipping Container is one of these. Besides being used to transport goods, it also has a market stand variant.

This modular container designed for 6mm/8mm scaled gaming, so it would fit perfectly with stuff like Adeptus Titanicus or Battletech. But it could probably be upscaled to larger scales as well.

The kit contains the following parts:

- standard shipping container (19.75mm long x 13.5mm tall x 11mm wide)

- ventilated shipping container

- long shipping container (39.5mm long x 13.5mm tall x 11mm wide)

- 6 types of standard containers converted into market stands

- 8 types of container hatches

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/smallscale-shipping-containers-type-alpha

Got a game of AT today, going with this list:

++ Battlegroup (Battlegroup) [1,795 Points] ++

+ Maniple +

Corsair Battleline Maniple [965 Points]
. . Reaver Titan: =Tempestus= Chasmata Laser Blaster, Apocalypse Missile Launcher, Princeps Seniores, Volcano Cannon
. . Reaver Titan: =Tempestus= Chasmata Turbo Laser Destructor [RVR], Gatling Blaster, Melta Cannon (RBT)
. . Reaver Titan: Apocalypse Missile Launcher, Gatling Blaster, Melta Cannon (RBT)
. . Titan Legion: Legio Tempestus (Storm Lords)

Lupercal Light Maniple [660 Points]
. . Titan Legion: Legio Tempestus (Storm Lords)
. . Warhound Titan: Plasma Blast Gun (WH), Vulcan Megabolter [WHD]

+ Banner +

Cerastus Knight Banner [170 Points]
. . Cerastus Knight Lord Scion
. . . . Cerastus Knight Lancer
. . Cerastus Knight Scion Martial
. . . . Cerastus Knight Lancer

+ Allegiance +

Traitor

Created with BattleScribe

Wanted to use a Corsair Maniple for ages, Looking to out maneuver my opponent who will likely be bringing a warlord. It'll be fun to play with asymmetric armies after my last mirror match. 

So my game was pretty fun, rolled hold the Line, which I ended up winning due to having a warhound that had snuck behind my opponent's lines, while he killed all my stuff! 

As my opponent was super aggressive, seeingly trying to get to point blank range, we had some massive reactor chain reactions that actually did most of the damage in the game - I need to learn to space out more around him, or sacrifice a warhound into his lines to hold him up and get some crits in as he overkills it. 

One question, where do you measure LOS from on titans? I know it's front arc - what seemed sensible to me would be the soulder/ball joint/rotation point of the weapon, where it could actually feasibly rotate and point, but my opponent said it was from the tip of the weapon - we ended up playing like this but we ended up with some weird shots where larger titans were like shooting round corners and things. 

Congrats on the win.

For fire arcs I stick the template on the base. I think that it would make sense to do LoS from the weapon mount rather than the end of the barrell, as the gun would need to be in line wiht the mount at all times.

I've been doing a bit of work myself on a Reaver and Warlord for Legio Mortis. They're currently at a stage where they look completely rubbish, with bits scattered all over the place, so I haven't bothered photographing them. Won't be too long before I can stick armour to them.

Same here, got my Assault Warlord out to spray and planning to make some progress on my Reavers/Warbringer tonight. Got a campaign weekend coming up Saturday and id like to blood some of them if i can get them finished! 

Since this is a game of gentlemanly read RAI, I would always advocate for LoS to be drawn "along the barrel" from the mounting point. No weird 90 degree turns and homing bullets fired from gatlings around the corner, that crap can get out immediately in a crunchy game that cares about your orientation on the battlefield.

We usually run LOS from the gun, but given mine (and others) predilections for dramatic posing, kitbashing and assorted madness that is sometimes less than practical :D Best to use the template in those cases!

The template has nothing to do with LoS though, it's just the allowed firing sector where the target has to be ;P

I agree. I actually very rarely need the template, it's only relevant on edge cases, most of the time you can easily tell what's in arc.

Checking line of sight from the weapon I measure from any part of the weapon. As far as I can see this will bite both ways, if the weapon is pushed out wide one way, it won't be able to see the other, so it balances out.

Then measure range from the base for consistency.

The pointy bits of the template align pretty neatly with the default weapon positions, its about the only consistent point if you have dramatic poses. Using your system one of my reavers would only be able to shoot its Volcano cannon sideways :D 

Yes it’s got to be in fire arc and range and LOS: 3 checks using 3 different methods, a little bit annoying.

So looking down the pointy bits I think is a handy shortcut, but you might have los issues in the other dimension too - eg Titan hiding behind low building.

I agree. I actually very rarely need the template, it's only relevant on edge cases, most of the time you can easily tell what's in arc.

Checking line of sight from the weapon I measure from any part of the weapon. As far as I can see this will bite both ways, if the weapon is pushed out wide one way, it won't be able to see the other, so it balances out.

In this instance, the tip of the warlord arm gatling was sticking out from behind a building. LOS drawn from the swivel point would draw a line through the building, and not be able to fire - LOS drawn from the tip of the weapon means the tip sticking out can fire.

This has big issues, as the warlord firing at me was mostly behind a building, so his weapon tips could see me 100% and fire without penalty, however return fire was at -2 as all I could see were the weapons.

Rough sketch below. Where do you draw LOS from? Big oval is the warlord, small is the reaver, grey rectangle is a tall building.

gallery_58096_16840_18300.jpg

Personally, we play from weapons with my friends, using simple line of sight.

Yes in that situation it plays negatively for the reaver, but in other circumstances it will turn against the other player, what it does do is make things simpler.

For instance, if you take the shoulder joint approach, taller titans may have an advantage other shorter ones because it would be easier to look over cover, because the shoulders are above the weapon itself.

The advantage as I see it is consistency in approach, as long as we all know what the ruling is, we can play to and around it.

It's not perfect, I admit, and it may not be for everyone, but it's how we play locally.

Oop, sorry if I've been saying shoulder - Only used to playing smaller titans, but I mean the elbow/pivot joint where the weapon connects to the upper arm, so LOS is measured from weapon height, from that axis - so you can only shoot what the weapon could physically/logically rotate to point.

Agree totally that it doesn't really matter as long as everyine is playing the same rules, but I wanted to know if it was cleared up in an FAQ or anything. 

Oop, sorry if I've been saying shoulder - Only used to playing smaller titans, but I mean the elbow/pivot joint where the weapon connects to the upper arm, so LOS is measured from weapon height, from that axis - so you can only shoot what the weapon could physically/logically rotate to point.

Agree totally that it doesn't really matter as long as everyine is playing the same rules, but I wanted to know if it was cleared up in an FAQ or anything. 

this is what my group play, taken from the joint of weapon to the shoulder mount stub, so weapon height but inline vertically with the shoulder.

In your diagram above we would have ruled only the RH Warlord weapon could see the target and maybe a -1 for 25% obscured but that's hard to tell from top down.