Today in Titanicus I...

Asymmetrical firing modifiers and taller titans having some advantage (while having the disadvantage of presenting more in return) is an intentional feature in the game, in my mind at least. Firing sideways from weapon tips is incongruent with the manoeuvering system of the game, while leeway should always be allowed as posing is only representative of the fictional engines.

Asymmetrical firing modifiers and taller titans having some advantage (while having the disadvantage of presenting more in return) is an intentional feature in the game, in my mind at least. Firing sideways from weapon tips is incongruent with the manoeuvering system of the game, while leeway should always be allowed as posing is only representative of the fictional engines.

It's only an issue in edge cases, the arc covers most issues. You will struggle to find weird firing angles from weapons which are also in arc. Which is probably why I've not encountered it as an issue.

I've been reaching out to some parties to distribute my designs. This because not everybody has their own 3d printer to work with. First of them are TapThatGames. I've sent them my entire catalog, so hopefully you'll be able to order your printed models from there soon.

But first up is the Cemetery Kit:

il_1588xN.3327877252_8ti6.jpg

il_794xN.3327877374_h16j.jpg

il_794xN.3375574835_3n8o.jpg

il_794xN.3327877608_q21f.jpg

Available here: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1070467620/bits-blitz-cemetary-kit

TIT I have constructed two Warhound Volkite eradicators and a Volkite Destructor. The eradicators are really nice kits, with some very crisp detail, as you'd hope/expect.

The destructor is a little fiddly, and could really have done with some instructions, but it was quite fun to puzzle it out.

Also, I recall someone saying it was only possible to build it on one side. I can happily confirm that that is categorically incorrect, and it can be built for either the left or right arm.

I have also built my first Battlebling weapon: A Reaver Sword. It may be a little long, but it's well designed. I filed down the wrist mount a little, and the sword can now rotate freely at that joint, there is also a recess at the elbow for a 5x1mm magnet join, so even when the shoulder joint is glued together, there is actually a lot of posability possible with the base kit. Meaning it can actually be used ambidextrously, which is a useful feature for a Reaver weapon.

Now, I just have to paint all these weapons...

Need some civilian shuttles for your Titans to stomp on?

Scarab class civilian shuttle

qrag1Nx.jpg

The Scarab class civilian shuttle is designed for smallscale (6mm / 8mm) gaming, making it compatible for games such as Adeptus Titanicus, Battletech, Aeronautica Imperialis, X-Wing and others.

The kit contains the following parts:

- 3x hulls (landing gears out, landing gears in, separate landing gears)

- separate landing gears

- 2x crew members

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/scarab-class-civilian-shuttle

Beetle class civilian shuttle

OW1h7Vc.jpg

The Beetle class civilian shuttle is designed for smallscale (6mm / 8mm) gaming, making it compatible for games such as Adeptus Titanicus, Battletech, Aeronautica Imperialis, X-Wing and others.

The kit contains the following parts:

- 3x hulls (landing gears out, landing gears in, separate landing gears)

- 2x engines

- 3x hatches (closed, opened, crew member walking out)

- separate landing gears

- crew member

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/beetle-class-civilian-shuttle Edited by malika666

Campaign weekend went well, bit awkward due to the last minute drops but we soldiered on ;) 

50:50 win ratio for me, just picking maniples i fancied seems to have paid off :D But as a brief summary: 
Extergimus maniple got suuuuuper hot and unlucky which sucked but they are fun to deploy
Ignis Maniple got utterly shredded in one game but burned a Warlord in the second which was hilarious.
Arcus Maniple was pretty savage and my scattering was awful even on a D6, consistently hitting friendly models somehow...

Triple Missile reaver was fun too, though mixed responses, was rightfully pointed out a pure barrage titan is a bit grim (Though i was always direct firing) and three separate missile bursts can be heavy on enemy reactors. Annoyingly a dying friendly warlord trampled mine to death before it could try dismembering a warhound  :( 

I had missed the insane death chains :D 

Really looking forward to the Traitor legions book too, very envious of the loyalist side getting a one stop reference for all the things rather than a pile of books, outdated cards and FAQ's (And no i cant really justify buying it as i dont play loyalists)

I mean, last weekend we ran the loyalists got stomped, this weekend, consistent loyalist wins. Coincidence? :P :P 

Coincidence ;)

On this end, I spent the weekend playing some nice 3k vs 3k four player bonanzas with Laniaskara Ferroxes. In one game 14 Hounds entered, only two of mine walked away from the burning dogpile while in another, I lost none of my six engines despite constantly smashing face in melee distances while the three other forces died pretty much to the last :D

The free speed boost once per turn was really interesting with my Hounds, who could keep up with the melee Reavers without overheating. If you play them super aggressively, the enemy needs to deny them ground or risk being trapped where you want them in piecemeal. After the multiplayer madness, this was demonstrated in a lightning fast 1500 point 1v1 that my opponent conceded by turn three. With traitors' War Lust and mad revving of the engines, my force went Full Stride through the line turn one and sped 22"+ towards theirs. Hemmed in their corner deployment, enough fire couldn't be mustered to destroy my two fisty Reavers in smoke cover before they got charges in on turn two and started to wreck machines left and right, others flanked and brought down by the squadroned Hound pairs. The enemy had two engines left in the pincer, my mobile doggos at their heels with activation advantage. Absolute brutality.

Triple Missile reaver was fun too, 

Is that 3x Apocalypse missile launchers? I'm sure I read that somewhere, but I can't remember where I did. The option isn't in battlescribe (which I know isn't perfect for AT). 

Can I ask where all the compiled rules for Reaver weapons are?

Thanks! 

Triple Missile reaver was fun too, 

Is that 3x Apocalypse missile launchers? I'm sure I read that somewhere, but I can't remember where I did. The option isn't in battlescribe (which I know isn't perfect for AT). 

Can I ask where all the compiled rules for Reaver weapons are?

Thanks! 

It's not an option in the base game. Mournival Events, an Australian Heresy group, added various options that were present in Epic to their AT event package (like missile arms or Reaver carapace plasmaguns).

For official material, Loyalist Legios book compiles all options available to any particular chassis.

So amongst the articles on the Warmaster, the Iconoclast is coming "soon", hopefully preorder next week as they have hinted Blood bowl stuff is coming soon too and they do like to group up SG releases. I only hope we get Traitor Legions too! 

Ah, awsome, I must have read that somewhere and assumed it was official. Still looking forward to the day we get carapace plasma blastguns!

I only want plasma blastguns on more things if their rules get fixed. Right now they’d just be far too good, unfortunately.

New release!

Smallscale ventilation systems

bpI5Z1I.jpg

E91nZnP.jpg

yM3LeYP.jpg

Cu81WUH.jpg

3Jj4iCt.jpg

9jPCSkh.jpg

pKutfWg.jpg

These smallscale (6mm/8mm) ventilation systems were designed to be used on buildings and vehicles for games such as Adeptus Titanicus, Battletech, and Dropzone Commander. It could of course also be used for other projects and resized if needed.

The kit contains the following items:

- 21 types of ventilation systems

- 2 types of windcatchers

- 1 mechanic

Please do no share or sell these files (including prints and remixes) without my written permission.

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/smallscale-ventilation-systems

Kind of late to the discussion, but we play los as starting at the mounting, so the point where the weapon connects to the arm; similar to 30k. It's unfortunately one of those vague titanicusisms where there's an assumption but nothing written.

In actual news I finished a counts as sinistramnus tenebrae for a "traitor" themed psytitan. Hopefully the traitor legions book gives me more uses out of it. I say this every time and I have two battle reports pending, but....I'll post pictures in my thread.

TIT I played a game with two hyper tooled up lists. Ignatum Extergimus + Warhound Vs Gryphonicus 5 Reaver Ferrox. On Spearhead deployment.

Absolutely brutal game. Things just died once hit. He charged a clawlord into one of my reavers, then ruined it in the combat phase, but then I killed it with my princeps who used reckless maverick to get behind him.

I killed a Warhound on the charge with four straight crits to the HEAD. I killed another warlord by punching it, before another reaver fell on it.

But in the end, it came down to one untouched Reaver standing next to an objective. If he lives to the end phase, I destroy it, probably win the game.

My opponent has a triple Gatling and Overcharged plasma warlord, 10.5 inches away. (Which means he gets all guns, and ignatum re-rolls.)

He stripped all the shields with the Gatlings, then maximalled and extergimused the plasma. 4 hits, 4 crits, lowest shot was a 17...!

TIAT, I finished off a 3D printed (not by me, bought it off eBay) fortress. There are a couple of scenarios that call for a defensive wall stretching from one side of the board to another, and fancied something appropriate to represent. It’s not the greatest quality print, but for the price I think it’s reasonable! I’ve got enough straight walls/gates to extend across a 4’ table;

0WUceOQ.jpg

bpIRqQk.jpg

If I add in the inward and outward corners for a bit of wiggle, I can push it to just short of 6’ long;

QUejzAQ.jpg

The same guy makes ruined sections as well, but if you take out one wall and replace with two ruined sections, there’s no room to fit a base through, so I made my own out of plasticard, Das clay and bits of plastic girder and guitar wire;

fceRwYP.jpg

And if I ever want to do a self contained fortress, here’s the maximum size I can make. Just don’t ask how the Titans got in through those gates…

c4umfaB.jpg