Today in Titanicus I...

While that might be the case, and I got myself a second hand rulebook for cheap that way (so I can start reading and learning), I kind of need it to be back in stock with GW, so that my local store can order it in. So that there are some on the shelf when I try to do some intro/demo games for the playgroup to persuade them to play the game. Back late summer when I asked around the local group a few people where potentially interested, but not willing to commit. If the buy in involves ebay hunting and what not it will probably be a deterrent for several, and the local game store might not like it either (and as they have been very supportive I don’t want to jeopardize that by telling people to order a big starter box form somewhere else).

Edit: If it is not coming back because a second edition is on its way then I can accept the wait, as a new edition launch would probably help interest people. I just need certainty. Oh well back to checking GW website every week and asking the local store once a month if they can now order some in.

Edited by Trokair

In the mean time I am still wiating for the AT Starter set to be back in Stock so that I can actualy start my journey into this game.

There’s a ton of them on eBay NIB and I think someone sells them on Amazon as well. Good luck waiting on GW to actually stock the item

Yeah there are quite a few boxes out there. Do check that you're buying from someone who actually has it in stock right now though, and not from someone saying they'll hopefully get some stock in soon-ish.

In the mean time I am still wiating for the AT Starter set to be back in Stock so that I can actualy start my journey into this game.

There’s a ton of them on eBay NIB and I think someone sells them on Amazon as well. Good luck waiting on GW to actually stock the item

A friend's theory is that it's not coming back, because second ed is coming instead.

Could be, but the set sells out all the time. A second edition would be nice but there aren't anything like concrete rumours.

Edit, just saw this:

While that might be the case, and I got myself a second hand rulebook for cheap that way (so I can start reading and learning), I kind of need it to be back in stock with GW, so that my local store can order it in. So that there are some on the shelf when I try to do some intro/demo games for the playgroup to persuade them to play the game. Back late summer when I asked around the local group a few people where potentially interested, but not willing to commit. If the buy in involves ebay hunting and what not it will probably be a deterrent for several, and the local game store might not like it either (and as they have been very supportive I don’t want to jeopardize that by telling people to order a big starter box form somewhere else).

You could wait or not. The starter set as it stands is fantastic value so it's pretty hard to go wrong with it. It'll take you quite a while to get an army or two ready for intro games as well, by which point the set could be sold out again, or 2nd edition might be out. But at least you'd have some engines ready to go, either way.

Edited by Mandragola

Well following the helpful advice I got here back in August and gagging interest  my plan had been to buy one starter for myself October ish time, so that come Christmas/Jan I would have two small forces built (even if not painted) and could do intro games as I figured the older players might buy in as a Christmas spend and the younger would have Christmas money available come Jan, but that has not worked out.

As it stands I have bought a bunch of terrain (one each of the three GW kits, and some third party MDF that’s in scale) and will build that shortly, adding titans when/if the starter set become available and hopefully be ready spring time, but who knows. Failing that I will just start on my AT knights (atleast one of each kit sitting in the to build pile) and hope for the best.

A second edition would be awesome but im not certain it will be such tremendous value mini wise. It is good to support your local though (as a former lgs owner lol) .

Package wise we once got one of my wifes parcels returned to us with a muddy bootprint covering the address apparently making it undeliverable. Yeah Royal mail paid us off big for that one, in stamps annoyingly :D 

A friend's theory is that it's not coming back, because second ed is coming instead.

While I'd really like to see a 2nd Edition from a "rules clarity" and "chance to fix some egregious balance errors," I'm not sure we'll see that anytime soon. I'd say that it could happen later in 2022 though.

So what would folks like to see in 2022? 

Personally id like the Dominus Knights, followed/joined by a Knights (and possibly other misc forces) big book to put all their rules in one place and maybe revise them. Then one or two lighter titans, preferably the Rapier or the heavy scout, a bunch or the old crazy weapons/weapon slot upgrades on a sprue or resin (boo)  and a campaign book to round out the year and house the previously mentioned new toys.

I really want to see the rapier honestly. There’s already rules that specifically address scale 5 titans, and they name dropped it quite a bit in the traitors book.

I’d also love to see some more maniple options, there’s half as many maniples as there are legios to take em, and we’re still missing some obvious combinations (like a WL, RV, and three Hiunds)

So what would folks like to see in 2022?

More weapon options for the existing titans. A WL chainfist, reaver Plasma, carapace Plasma for the WL and reaver. More weapons for the nemesis. That sort of stuff.

Then new toys would be great. New Titan classes for sure. Lighter titans, a 'basic' warbringer for a decent midweight titan. And then thw Dominus class Knight to finish them off.

And maniples to use the new titans in would help. Oh, and some thick card terminals to replace the flimsy card ones.

OK, so that was a long list.

Bring out yer dead!

XpstmDu.jpg

I've decided to release the dead workers from the cemetery kit as a separate package.

The dead workers can be found here: https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/smallscale-dead-workers

The original cemetery kit can be downloaded here: https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/smallscale-cemetery-kit

Eldar Titans and Ork Gargant?  

While I'd like to see this, I figure that chance of it happening are very close to zero.

Of things that might actually happen, I'll join my vice to others for the Rapier (or whatever Scout Titan it ends up being), and maybe even one more Titan towards the end of the year.

Eldar Titans and Ork Gargant?

While I'd like to see this, I figure that chance of it happening are very close to zero.

Of things that might actually happen, I'll join my vice to others for the Rapier (or whatever Scout Titan it ends up being), and maybe even one more Titan towards the end of the year.

I think if they do the rapier, it’d be a fair hope to get a second scout class in one year. With the ammount of plastic they created for the warmaster, I’d imagine they could to two small class titans.

I think if they do the rapier, it’d be a fair hope to get a second scout class in one year. With the ammount of plastic they created for the warmaster, I’d imagine they could to two small class titans.

Yeah i think the Warmaster essentially ate all our plastic budget for the year, another good reason to want littler titans more regularly!

• 2 weeks later...

Next steps in the saga of my latest order ... My Traitor legions book and Warmaster Iconoclast initially ordered mid-November are lost in the Warp. And their replacement is headed the same direction ...

The journey starts at Wayland Games (I know some are unhappy with them, so far I never had reasons to be unhappy, I hope it won't change) where I order 99% of all of my GW-related stuff.

Then Hermes picks up the package, transfers it to B2C Europe in Antwerpen, Belgium, which in turn transfers it to Bpost for deliveries in Belgium where I live.

Up until my latest order, and that has been the case for several years, the package would arrive safely home.

It seems that a change occured in their process and now the only label appearing on the package is one from B2C Europe, which indicates my name and postal area with code and name, but not my home adress. Hence Bpost can't deliver and sends the package back to B2C where it is likely left to rot on a pile of undelivered packages until a human operator has time to have a look ...

Wayland confirmed to me that they were using the adress they have in their system, which is correct and complete, so the problem seems to arise at a later stage, either at Hermes or at B2C Europe.

Now, I am awaiting Wayland's reply ...

• 2 weeks later...

Those are great little in-jokes for your table. Could add some fun to your battle reports :)

The funny stuff is all Crablezworth’s talents here! So the signs and passed out workers are remixes of my designs he did. I do feel that such details (funny or not) add a more “real” or “lived-in” vibe to terrain and bases. That aspect is often missing in many terrain projects IMHO.

I've just released the Titanicus scaled candles from the cemetery kit as a separate set.

Candles available here: https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/smallscale-candles

ANKMwOI.jpg

1wgMrwa.jpg

Smallscale human (he's about 7.8mm tall) only added for scaling purposes. I guess you could also use those candles for bigger stuff, like lets say INQ28 oriented stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just finished up another printable terrain piece:

SMALLSCALE PREFAB UNIT (SONONIS PATTERN)

SJkG3IO.jpg?1

3jyRm3P.jpg

BZmc2Rm.jpg

The Sononis pattern prefab unit is widely used throughout the colonies either as a storage unit or a cheap alternative for housing. The design itself is very ancient, based on the old prefabricated steel structures developed by the military engineer known as the son of Nis.

The kit is now available on my Cults3d shop (link in bio) and contains the following parts:

-single structure

-10 different door options

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/smallscale-prefab-unit-sononis-pattern

• 2 weeks later...

Just released a smallscale salvage crew:

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/smallscale-salvage-crew

6QUEK9J.jpg

uxPOSRX.png

1UIYQW6.jpg

SzzMvs9.jpg

uZgxoIX.jpg

r8PaAWl.jpg

TLdc28P.jpg?1

The set includes 15 crew members and 5 pieces of debris. The miniatures are about 7mm tall, making them very suitable for games such as Adeptus Titanicus or Battletech.

Edited by malika666