Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Custom Chapter Master Rules Development

Iron Lions Chapter Master DIY Dark Angels Azrael

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

jbaeza94

jbaeza94

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,140 posts

Hey guys, 

i have a homebrew chapter, and id like to develop some custom rules for the chapter master. At the moment, he is a counts as azrael from the DA codex, but he is a bit different. Biggest wysiwyg is he has a spear instead of a sword, he has a servo skull instead of a watcher in the dark, and he is primaris. Id like help pricing him out and developing rules that work. i dont want op. i want generally fair, and pleasant to play against. ive been reading alot of what other chapter masters offer, and i think i might have something to work with.

Razgriz
  Razgriz

So first, stats. Im using standard chapter master stats, +1 w for primaris, i didnt add the +1a because that seems too op, even though calgar got it.

M 6  WS 2+  BS 2+  S 4  T 4  W 7  A 5  LD 9  SV 2+

Equipment

Bolt Pistol (normal rules)

Master Crafted Combi Plasma on a servo arm (Normal stats)

frag/krak grenade

Power Spear- so my idea is standard relic blade, s+2 ap-3 Dd3, with a special rule. i have three in mind, but would only use one:

• Tip of the Spear: add +1 to s and ap if this unit charged this turn (inspired by the old power spear rules) or
  • Two Handed: 2 variants:
    • when two handed is used, this weapon adds +1 to s (or ap, not sure) at the cost of -1 to hit, or
    • when two handed is used, this weapon causes D3 instead of Dd3 at the cost of -1 to hit

Another thing ive noticed, Samael, Belial, and Ezekiel have S+1 ap-3 D2 weapons, while azrael and the other company masters have thefirst stat. which would be a more appropriate base stat to use?

Special Rules:

Inner Circle (he is DA after all)

Chapter Master

Iron Halo

Targeting Servo Skull: One is a buff for the master, and one is an aura buff for other units.

• The Servo Skull aids Razgriz in melee combat and fires the servo mounted Combi Plasma at his foes. This unit may fire its Combi Plasma in melee combat at bs6
  • The Servo Skull identifies hidden enemies to nearby units. If this unit is not in melee combat, select one friendly Dark Angels infantry unit within 6" of this model. Until the end of this turn, that unit ignores cover modifiers for enemy units within line of sight of both units.

Price:

Azrael is 180

primaris vs normal variants range from 5 to 13pts difference.

i dont think my spear is better or worse than azraels sword, same stats, except his adds an additional mortal wound on 6+s. thoughts on a point value? how much would you increase/decrease each rule by?

Targeting Servo Skull vs Supreme Tactician and Lions Helm. Lions helm adds 4++ to friendly units within 6 inches, and supreme tactician gives an additional cp. how does TSS stack up against these? Is it OP and need a nerf? or are they balanced?

thanks alot guys for any help youll provide. 

• Bjorn Firewalker likes this

"Honor the Legion" - Warcry and Motto of the Legion of the Iron Lions.
k0EYErV.pnggallery_26154_15777_7710.png

Claws and Effect

Claws and Effect

++ ANGARUS ARANEA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,100 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and DIY WIP
Seems fair on both rules and points cost.

Nothing particularly jumps out as being over or underpowered.

All I can suggest from here is to playtest him and see if he works on the table the same as his rules suggest on paper.

jbaeza94

jbaeza94

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,140 posts

alright! seems that im off to a good start then!

gallery_86595_11085_62301.jpg

Edited by jbaeza94, 08 August 2019 - 06:07 AM.

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,097 posts

The datasheet looks good, but you left the Primaris keyword off the Keywords line.

• jbaeza94 likes this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,446 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Good job. I admire the effort you put in Razgriz's model, stats and Special Rules.
  • jbaeza94 likes this

Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)
Sisters of Battle+ Fenrisian Beer- Inhibitions- Sanity= Trouble! (Order of the Blazing Heart Rocket Punch Pimp Magnet She-Wolf)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Reasons to use the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think the Librarian Dreadnought needs Furious Charge AND It Will Not Die to beat down a Chaos-worshiping punk and his Defiler, while a Stormraven needs a Vanquisher cannon to beat down this punk's Heldrake.

jbaeza94

jbaeza94

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,140 posts

Thank you @Gederas. i fixed it.

thank you @Bjorn Firewalker. Its been a process. Now with the chapter creation rules coming in the SM dex, i can start thinking of army rules.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Iron Lions, Chapter Master, DIY, Dark Angels, Azrael

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users