i have a homebrew chapter, and id like to develop some custom rules for the chapter master. At the moment, he is a counts as azrael from the DA codex, but he is a bit different. Biggest wysiwyg is he has a spear instead of a sword, he has a servo skull instead of a watcher in the dark, and he is primaris. Id like help pricing him out and developing rules that work. i dont want op. i want generally fair, and pleasant to play against. ive been reading alot of what other chapter masters offer, and i think i might have something to work with.
So first, stats. Im using standard chapter master stats, +1 w for primaris, i didnt add the +1a because that seems too op, even though calgar got it.
M 6 WS 2+ BS 2+ S 4 T 4 W 7 A 5 LD 9 SV 2+
Bolt Pistol (normal rules)
Master Crafted Combi Plasma on a servo arm (Normal stats)
Power Spear- so my idea is standard relic blade, s+2 ap-3 Dd3, with a special rule. i have three in mind, but would only use one:
- Tip of the Spear: add +1 to s and ap if this unit charged this turn (inspired by the old power spear rules) or
- Two Handed: 2 variants:
- when two handed is used, this weapon adds +1 to s (or ap, not sure) at the cost of -1 to hit, or
- when two handed is used, this weapon causes D3 instead of Dd3 at the cost of -1 to hit
Another thing ive noticed, Samael, Belial, and Ezekiel have S+1 ap-3 D2 weapons, while azrael and the other company masters have thefirst stat. which would be a more appropriate base stat to use?
Inner Circle (he is DA after all)
Targeting Servo Skull: One is a buff for the master, and one is an aura buff for other units.
- The Servo Skull aids Razgriz in melee combat and fires the servo mounted Combi Plasma at his foes. This unit may fire its Combi Plasma in melee combat at bs6
- The Servo Skull identifies hidden enemies to nearby units. If this unit is not in melee combat, select one friendly Dark Angels infantry unit within 6" of this model. Until the end of this turn, that unit ignores cover modifiers for enemy units within line of sight of both units.
Azrael is 180
primaris vs normal variants range from 5 to 13pts difference.
i dont think my spear is better or worse than azraels sword, same stats, except his adds an additional mortal wound on 6+s. thoughts on a point value? how much would you increase/decrease each rule by?
Targeting Servo Skull vs Supreme Tactician and Lions Helm. Lions helm adds 4++ to friendly units within 6 inches, and supreme tactician gives an additional cp. how does TSS stack up against these? Is it OP and need a nerf? or are they balanced?
thanks alot guys for any help youll provide.