Messor's Tau: Shan'Al Alo'Shas

Messor

I finished my first squad of the new army, and first models in over 6 years.  Feels greater good.

ufR72xM.jpg

That leaves the rest of this Start Collecting box, the contents of a second one, a commander, a Devilfish and a Riptide.

• 3 months later...

My infantry HQ are just about all finished. My Fireblade needs some attention to his base, and to a lesser extent so does the Ethereal, but his I'm saving until I've won a game and can paint some details from my enemy's livery on there.

rWPzYlL.jpg

• 1 month later...

Very nice work so far, Messor. Where is the Fireblade's torso from?

Seconded, it's not the default fireblade, shadowsun or longstrike. I have been playing Tau for as long as they exist in 40k but I'm striking blank.

Apologies for the late reply, all, thanks for the comments. The torso comes from a fireblade conversion kit. I found it on ebay, but it originates on Shapeways; here's a link: https://www.shapeways.com/product/RUGS6JCWP/warhammer-40k-tau-cadre-fireblade-conversion-kit

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Very nice Battlesuit, I would make the heavy bolter casing black so it can be seen to be an enemies weapon...right now it sorta blends in as a T'au weapon :huh.:

I really love the chipping /battle damage :thumbsup:  and is that turquoise as the sept markings :wub:

Cheers, Mithril

Thanks Mithril! That was my first go at chipping, so I'm glad it landed well! And yes, those are turquoise sept markings :happy.:

I'm almost finished with the Shas'vre leader for this battlesuit squad, and started working on their weapons. Hopefully I'll get them posted soon!

• 1 month later...

Finished another battlesuit, the Shas'vre of this squad! Weapons are not fun to paint, so after getting the gray on those, I'm probably gonna save them for later.

2RLQEwZ.jpg

KEay3gO.jpg

EeEfXO8.jpg

Also, is there a bbcode to resize images, or does that need to be done before linking them?

• 2 weeks later...

ooh that sounds exciting!!:wub:  I'm working on a counts as Vespid squad.. mine are Drukhari scourges with 3rd Party female T'au heads and breacher weapons and arms... 

My fluff is that I'm trying to make them look as though they were females from the air caste back when they had wings...:sweat:

May I ask what are yours going to be from … :biggrin.: !?!?…

Cheers, Mithril

That sounds slick! I wanted to paint some Tron Tau, so mine are fire warriors with some 3rd party jump packs. Part of the fluff for the Sept is their discovery of a nearly extinct digital race that in exchange for bringing them back from the brink, helps refine the Tau's hardlight technology and uses their own to support the Greater Good, particularly militarily.

• 2 weeks later...

Only four months to finish three battlesuits! But I'm sure my other minis are grateful for the breaks I took to paint them. Here's the final member of the squad, and a group shot. Next comes my ISO Vespid-counts-as, then I think I'll be ready to go after the commander! I suppose at *some* point is should properly detail the rest of the weapons.

EC36Yq6.jpg

lMSH0kU.jpg

UW2s55G.jpg

W6LW1DT.jpg

QbASYFm.jpg

I've also started tooling around with bits and greenstuff to convert the Coalition Ethereal, Gir'hos, a more war-like member of his caste than most.