BL Weekender 2019

aa.logan

Tickets went on sale today, via a link in the newsletter rather than anywhere on the website that I could see.

November 9-10th, and still £75 and at the Belfry in Nottingham.

I enjoyed my first time so much last year, I had to book again...

EDIT:

The email doesn’t say anything about subscriber exclusivity, so here’s the eventbrite link should anyone want it-

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/black-library-weekender-2019-tickets-66182703247?aff=BLNewsletter&utm_source=BlackLibrary.com&utm_campaign=afc3e7f24e-BL_3rd_August_Konrad_Curze&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_781f7c7929-afc3e7f24e-110833881

Edited by aa.logan

Looking forward to the program announcement and seeing what will be for sale.

Yeah, I did hesitate slightly about buying tickets blind- I’m pretty sure that they had the schedule up with the tickets last year, but like I said, I had a great time so am happy to take the risk.

The fancy edition of the new Dante book looks to be a certainty, and I’m hoping for the Sabbat background book too. Both would lend themselves to cracking seminars also.

• 1 month later...

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/25/black-library-weekender-your-questions-answeredgw-homepage-post-2fw-homepage-post-4/

The schedule, as has been pointed out, is now up. Some of the seminar titles are mystifyingly vague, it there’s plenty on to look forward to. There are also a couple of clashes- I think I’m going to skip The First Wall in favour of the Holy Ordos, but am genuinely torn between The Hammer of the Emperor and Navigating the Dark Millennium, if, as I suspect, the latter is about post-rift fiction...

No Dante book though.

BL-Library-Timetable-1.jpg

I'm actually really excited by the lords of sky and sea one because I'd love more kharadron novels by werner.

Interesting the coming soon section has a few names I don't recognise, do we think they are new authors or producers etc?

Edited by Red_Shift

I'm actually really excited by the lords of sky and sea one because I'd love more kharadron novels by werner.

Interesting the coming soon section has a few names I don't recognise, do we think they are new authors or producers etc?

Steve Conlin, Matthew Hunt, and Colleen Prendergast are all narrators/actors. The rest seem to be authors as far as I can tell from google.

Actually, “Darkness in the Blood” with Guy Hayley is totally going to be Dante though, isn’t it?

Sunday, then, looks to be most closely tied to specific books.

Exactly. Looks like all the books that were announced at Black Library Live in June will be available.

That seminar will be about Dante III by Haley, and Hinks' 3rd Mephiston book in which he squares off against the Thousand Sons apparently. 

So generally speaking it looks like the following will be available for ordering:

Dante III , possibly in a far too expensive limited edition and thus a possible pass for me if too expensive.

Valdor by Wraight

Mephiston III by Darius Hunks

Sabbat Worlds Crusade book by Abnett

I'm disappointed in the sense that it seems there is not going to be any new fiction books by ADB, or Abnett. In that sense the Weekender last year just had more to offer. I had quietly hoped we would get the Spear of the Emperor sequel. Also no word on Abnett's Penitent. So that to me is a disappointment about this announcement. Finally I had also thought that we might possibly see Wraight's Watchers of the Throne II, since that is already being advertised on German Amazon for start of 2020.

On the good side, still a few interesting books available for pre-orders and you can't fault the look of the seminars, they look interesting to me.

Would be nice if we would hear something from ADB, on how where he is with the sequel and why he isn't attending this year. Enjoyed his seminar last year.

I wonder if the First Wall will be available to buy...

I wonder about that too. It does have its own seminar devoted to it but that doesn't really say anything because John French had one last year about Solar War too, and it wasn't available then. However unlike with Solar War it does look like First Wall Limited Edition is due to come out by Christmas at least so it is much closer in release date. Then again how many copies would they have, how would they manage it?

I'm mostly interested in primarch novel news although IIRC somebody here said the Sanguinious one is already being written. There's nothing in the headers there that give me a clue although is it possible that it's a Sanguinious primarchs book rather than a Dante book that they will be talking about?

I doubt The First Wall will be there. Given the insanity of books one and two’s sales I can’t imagine they want people fighting each other in person to get copies (kidding, this is England not a Walmart on Black Friday in the US). Seriously though I think the big books will be Valdor’s limited edition and the ‘extra limited edition’ of Dante: Darkness in the Blood. Edited by cheywood

Second Dante book didn’t get the limited ed treatment. Would be rather odd to skip one. Might get a small release of the second one, like they did for dark imperium 2.

Will someone who is going please wag their finger for me over the lack of Eldar fiction particularly the disappearance of the Phoenix Lords series?

Second Dante book didn’t get the limited ed treatment. Would be rather odd to skip one. Might get a small release of the second one, like they did for dark imperium 2.

Will someone who is going please wag their finger for me over the lack of Eldar fiction particularly the disappearance of the Phoenix Lords series?

Teach this uncultured swine...what was the second dante book?

I join the chorus asking for a proper edition of Devastation of Baal.. always wanted that in hardcover.

And a Pariah reprint would obviously be very much in order.

Duke Leto... well if the seminar on Holy Ordos has been just Abnett then maybe I could think it indicated Penitent... but with 3 authors... seems like such a slim chance.

I hope they let us know the pre-orders soon. 

I expect the Coming soon seminar on Sunday to be very interesting. Last year it was a good one too and I was able to pry from Neil that we would see multiple SoT books in 2019, felt like he was saying 3 and indeed that now appears to be the case.

Edited by Taliesin

If they announce Penitent, I hope they are also going to announce a reprint of Pariah hardcover. That edition is super overpriced.

...maybe I should try to sell mine, if that's the case. Might subtract from the salt of waiting 7 years with nothing happening and every bit of progress writing getting interrupted by literally any other project hopping along... Time to check the interwebz for prices.

I join the chorus asking for a proper edition of Devastation of Baal.. always wanted that in hardcover.

And a Pariah reprint would obviously be very much in order.

I doubt we get to see the Devastation of Baal hardcover/limited edition since it's a part of the Space Marine Conquest series and other books were released as paperbacks only. Well, except the experiment with the Special Edition of Apocalypse.