BL Weekender 2019

aa.logan

Surprised Valdor’s not there but overall a great selection. Hopefully The Third Wall will still have 2500 copies available online when it goes up for order. Would be stupid to reduce the number of copies available to the public at large, the first two sold out in minutes. Edited by cheywood

Oh the Sabbat World Crusade one looks quite decent and interesting. That's a background book, right? Is it an addition to the old one or a revamp?

Surprised Valdor’s not there but overall a great selection. Hopefully The Third Wall will still have 2500 copies available online when it goes up for order. Would be stupid to reduce the number of copies available to the public at large, the first two sold out in minutes.

I'm glad it's not just me who's getting the title of this mixed up - First Wall, Last Wall, Third Wall...I can't keep it straight!

I agree though - I'll be at the Weekender so able to pick up a copy, but I hope BL treat everyone who can't make it fairly. I've got visions of people buying armfuls of it at the Weekender for ebay, which has happened before :sad.:

I’ve been super anxious before the release of the first two LE Siege of Terra books, and have managed to get both. I’m going to the Weekender but am now gripped by somewhat unrealistic fears of queuing up at the start of Saturday but finding the person before me has bought all 2,500 copies. *surely* there be restrictions of some sort.

The other LEs available and even the Warhammer Horror pin badge have got me super excited. I’m sure I’m not the only one for who it’s going to be an expensive weekend...

Surprised Valdor’s not there but overall a great selection. Hopefully The Third Wall will still have 2500 copies available online when it goes up for order. Would be stupid to reduce the number of copies available to the public at large, the first two sold out in minutes.

I'm glad it's not just me who's getting the title of this mixed up - First Wall, Last Wall, Third Wall...I can't keep it straight!

I agree though - I'll be at the Weekender so able to pick up a copy, but I hope BL treat everyone who can't make it fairly. I've got visions of people buying armfuls of it at the Weekender for ebay, which has happened before :sad.:

That’s what I get for typing without thinking! The fact that BL already published The Last Wall has me confused enough, now I’m adding additional walls. Where will it end?

As someone from the states I’m desperately hoping they’ve just increased the print run for this and subsequent editions instead of decreasing an already limited stock, but in the end it’s what’s between the covers that matters. Might have to block eBay on my computer if I do miss out though...

That is a beautiful list of books, but what are we to make of the absence of Valdor, Limited Edition.

We know it's coming, it was announced at BL Live in June with all the other books for sale at the Weekender or already out.

We know it has a March paperback release already listed on Amazon, which doesn't even apply to the other new books for sale at the Weekender.

The paperback comes out shortly after paperbacks for Belisarius Cawl and Rites of Passage.

And finally we know that Wraight has a seminar dedicated to it at the Weekender.

Plus when we look at the coming soon section at Warhammer Community it shows a big fat gap for the rest of October in 40k and 30k and we know they will have releases like they always do.I speculate that Valdor will be a surprise release this month, and what it being a Limited Edition they know they wont have copies for sale at the Weekender anymore.

That makes more sense to me than Valdor coming out after the Weekender because...why wouldn't it be available then for pre-sale at the Weekender like all the other upcoming books, to go with Chris' seminar.

I’m looking forward to the Disney Marvel Crossover ‘the Fourth Wall’ where Captain Wade Wilsonius keeps talking to the audience

Not happy at the new Siege of Terra book being at the event. How many tickets are available? Assuming one book per ticket.

There wasn’t many people there last year.  200 at the absolute max, probably more like 100-150.  Besides every single one of those people attending will probably have been trying to get book 3 on release day anyway, so as long as they limit it to one copy per person there shouldn’t be a net loss to other people wanting to buy it at pre-order stage.  

I could cry at the beautiful things available at the weekender. This is an event I would love to go to but can’t for personal reasons. Anyone going who fancies earning a few quid as a personal shopper send me a message. Wonderful line up.

What on earth is the deal with that map? What’s it printed on? It looks utterly utterly amazing.

I feel like I've got a personal line with BL. In this years survey I lamented that BL no longer put out the stuff that made the setting special like background books and/or memorabilia. I still wear my Tanith pin to this day.

Six months later we get a background book AND some of the best looking memorabilia they have ever released. That map looks gorgeous and a full set of Sabbat Crusade regimental pins, including the Crusade emblem!

Logistics tells me this stuff was already in the pipeline, but it's good to know someone within the company is on the same wavelength

Currently at work where the community page is blocked.
Is it possible to purchase the Sabbat world map seperately?
And how much do you think will the Sabbat World book might cost?

Currently at work where the community page is blocked.

Is it possible to purchase the Sabbat world map seperately?

And how much do you think will the Sabbat World book might cost?

I would imagine it would be similar in price to the liber chaotica reprint that came out recently. It was £40 I think.

I’ve chills thinking the map won’t be sold outside the event.

I must say selling the next solar war limited ed at the weekender is a shock. The whole fan base has been in a rage over not being able to get these and now they give priority to folks who live in England or can take time out to fly off for the weekend. For me the flights would be cheap but if you lived in the states or Australia I would imagine it would be a little extravagant. If you wanted to antagonise an audience it’s one way to do it.

Yes I’ve thinly veiled Angron style rage at not being able to go.

There seems to be a Facebook group dealing with exactly this issue.

I joined today and it's about buying certain stuff from exclusive events via other participating group members. Can't share the link (still at work) but there's one in the N&R sections equivalent of this thread.

I joined today and it's about buying certain stuff from exclusive events via other participating group members. Can't share the link (still at work) but there's one in the N&R sections equivalent of this thread.

I’m not on Facebook. Just my wife is and I would seriously doubt she would join a BL group for me. I think I would get laughed at for asking. Will give it a go later.... see how it goes. What’s it called?

I’m not on Facebook. Just my wife is and I would seriously doubt she would join a BL group for me. I think I would get laughed at for asking. Will give it a go later.... see how it goes. What’s it called?

Haha not just my wife then who finds this all very odd and weird and best not spoken about?

Haha not just my wife then who finds this all very odd and weird and best not spoken about?

Yea she finds it all pretty mad. She was fascinated by the painting when we were dating many moons ago. Now she thinks it’s just crazy, and no she won’t join any “weird little spaceman group”. So that’s that, the chairperson has spoken.

Mixed feelings all around, I am super happy for some folks that get to go but writhing with envy for those that will get their paws on Valdor months ahead of the rest of us:biggrin.:

More seriously, it is always cool to hear the discussions that come out of these things!

Less seriously, I hope we get some juicy lore as to why Valdor's head is inflated like some eldritch balloon (my personal theory is that Valdor is a reformed Pennywise going by the Forgeworld model and his ability to taste plot with his magic stick).