Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

BL Weekender 2019

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

cheywood

cheywood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 247 posts

Mixed feelings all around, I am super happy for some folks that get to go but writhing with envy for those that will get their paws on Valdor months ahead of the rest of usbiggrin.png

More seriously, it is always cool to hear the discussions that come out of these things!

Less seriously, I hope we get some juicy lore as to why Valdor's head is inflated like some eldritch balloon (my personal theory is that Valdor is a reformed Pennywise going by the Forgeworld model and his ability to taste plot with his magic stick).

It doesn’t seem Valdor’s going to be available at the Weekender, or if it is they’re keeping it a surprise.
  • StrangerOrders likes this

StrangerOrders

StrangerOrders

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 54 posts

Mixed feelings all around, I am super happy for some folks that get to go but writhing with envy for those that will get their paws on Valdor months ahead of the rest of usbiggrin.png

More seriously, it is always cool to hear the discussions that come out of these things!

Less seriously, I hope we get some juicy lore as to why Valdor's head is inflated like some eldritch balloon (my personal theory is that Valdor is a reformed Pennywise going by the Forgeworld model and his ability to taste plot with his magic stick).

It doesn’t seem Valdor’s going to be available at the Weekender, or if it is they’re keeping it a surprise.

Oh well, I guess I will have to wait longer to learn the truth behind his mutant head...biggrin.png

• cheywood likes this

b1soul

b1soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,395 posts
So no confirmation as to when Valdor will be released, but Chris will definitely be discussing Valdor at the Weekender, correct?

Taliesin

Taliesin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,038 posts

Yup.

I strongly suspect it will be released in the next few weeks leading up to the Weekender, many signs are pointing towards it.

One of them being the gap in releases for the entire month of October as can be seen on the WC Coming soon site.

Ubiquitous1984

Ubiquitous1984

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts
I asked Chris on twitter (he’s very responsive and an absolute gent).

He says he’s not sure when it’s out but expects it will be available at the event, as he has been asked to talk about it there.

He confirms there will be a LE.

Angel_of_Blood

Angel_of_Blood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 220 posts

Hmmm, I'm also in the thought it will be released before the Weekender. People are going to want that signed by him, and also will want to discuss parts of the novel with him there.

cheywood

cheywood

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 247 posts
Like others have said Valdor would fit in perfectly sometime in the next few weeks. Next week sees only an AOS paperback edition and a Horror audiodrama, while the week after has nothing that I could see. I vaguely remember The House of Night and Chain being scheduled for October before they randomly removed it from the coming soon section, but who knows if that’s changed. Only other possibility I can think of for the next couple weeks is The First Wall, which will supposedly release in the next month according to BL’s Facebook.

Medjugorje

Medjugorje

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,130 posts

Anyone here who takes part over there?

IF so, can you ask about Black Templars / Sigismund books in the future?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users