BL Weekender 2019

aa.logan

Return of the last chancers!!! Amazing, didn’t see that coming, can’t wait.

Warhammer Crime is a dream come true, fantastic stuff.

Hopefully the Horus Rising limited ed doesn’t stop there. We need the full drop site story at least. Also bringing out a book this old in fancy limited format gives me hope that all the Eisenhorn books might yet get the same treatment as The Magos got.

Sad no mention of penitent. But I’m way past expecting it now, it will appear when it does.

Did anyone ask about increasing print runs on limited editions?

Q and A

HH limited ed? Probably just Horus Rising. Too big a commitment. Unfair. Just a one off.

Why not more le siege books? Not sure what the demand would be, considering slightly different version, finite audience, sales don’t really fill out. Considering alternatives.

It was asked if the print run would increase, but it was said that they now have 2,500 collectors of the series, and experience has told them that increasing print runs doesn’t increase sales. There are plans for an alternative to the LEs, but it wasn’t clear how firm these were.

It's far more likely that Kyme was directly involved in writing the supplement in one way or another, considering Adrax Agatone literally originated in his stories and even got a model, over any other potential candidate.

One thing that Guy Hayley, and possibly others, was keen to stress was how closely BL authors are now working with studio staff (and vice versa), partially as a consequence of the demands of an advancing storyline and partly because they feel it makes for better stories. So yeah, it looks like he’ll have had *some* input at least.

If anyone is going today, I would appreciate any info about upcoming primarch series books and whatever Abnett is up to. Fingers been desperately crossed for a Rogal Dorn book for some years now!

I can tell you this. The next one is The Lion, and we wont have Sanguinius on 2020 (I always thought it would be the last one) so what is left is Dorn, Mortarion, Horus and Alfarius. Place your bets!

so I’ve not braved the shop- there is talk of the maps having sold out.

The maps and everything else are already on eBay.

How much were the maps selling for. They are £80 on eBay!

Mr Logan, your reports are brilliant. Mighty thanks

This makes me sad. They were a few copies, and people who is supposed to love the hobby just left other event colleagues with no prize. They said that if the map is successful they could release more about the Palace or Terra. 

So does anyone have darkness in the blood?

I have it. I could post pics tomorrow.

So does anyone have darkness in the blood?

I’ve got one,it’s far and away the best deluxe edition to date!

That’s a dangerous thing to say to a man who is currently fondling the Sabbat Worlds book and wishing it was even lovelier...

Is it the quality of the swag or something else that makes it so good? Its not going to take much to push me over the edge and buying it in the morning.

Is there anything particularly wrong with the Sabbat Worlds book?

Nothing at all! It’s really quite nice indeed. It is nice and weighty and feels high quality to touch. I’m just greedy, and can’t help imagining an *even nicer* version.

I feel the same way. It is beautiful, perhaps I expect something more like Siege of Terra or Dark Imperium, if you know what I mean.

Return of the last chancers!!! Amazing, didn’t see that coming, can’t wait.

Warhammer Crime is a dream come true, fantastic stuff.

Hopefully the Horus Rising limited ed doesn’t stop there. We need the full drop site story at least. Also bringing out a book this old in fancy limited format gives me hope that all the Eisenhorn books might yet get the same treatment as The Magos got.

Sad no mention of penitent. But I’m way past expecting it now, it will appear when it does.

Did anyone ask about increasing print runs on limited editions?

They said Horus Rising is because now that are finishing the Heresy they wanted to tell something of the begining. I could only think about the sound of cash register.

They do ask about increasing the print runs on LE. Is not going to happen. At least with Siege of Terra which is going on. They are planning to release another limited edition (5000?)  for the people who didnt get copies. Perhaps hardbacks like LE Pricmarch books, the ones inside the boxes.

Amazing posts, thanks. aa.logan It is a shame not to had beer there with you.
Edited by Crowl

For Primarch’s series books left:

Next:

Lion El’Jonson - David Guymer

Then, order still speculative:

Mortarion

Rogal Dorn

Horus Lupercal

Sanguinius - 95% sure James Swallow is doing this, based on my own convo with him

Alpharius

Omegon?

Overall, a great event, worth visiting for me.

Pros: 

• Some great books available for pre-release.
  • The coming soon seminar in general was very good but especially when they started playing the trailer for Siege of Terra 4 by Abnett, I got real goosebumps from it.
  • I was pleasantly surprised by how open Neil ( BL manager) was this time at that coming soon seminar, answered loads of questions.
  • The Darkness in the blood seminar by Haley was very good, he spoke of how he tied in it in with upcoming stuff from GW itself, seemed to relate to PA volume 3 perhaps.
  • The Sabbat Worlds seminar was good, and I have noticed overall that Abnett is excellent at doing seminars.
  • Seeing other people interested in the same hobby and niche of that hobby.
  • Good to hear that we will see two Siege of Terra books in 2020.

Cons:

• The massive queue on Saturday was slightly funny at the start but when we noticed it really barely moved and we were in line for 90 minutes and still far away from even gettin to the sales area... yeah. I do have to say that Neil's apology for this on Sunday was appreciated and clearly heartfelt. Still, that was clumsy.
  • The sales area in itself was much smaller than last year. The lay out was not anywhere near as good either, it was very hard to get to because in order to view books, you also had to pass all the people in the queue, which obviously cannot be done. It was far too small, and that is a clear organizational miss. And again, half the size it was last year, which worked very well then. 

Thanks to everyone, especially aa.logan, for working so hard to bring us coverage and do some investigating of community issues. Seemed like a fun event, would definitely go myself if I didn't live in Canada.

However, there's still no mention of an eventual paperback release for the Primarchs series, so BL has failed me yet again.

• 2 weeks later...

Relationship of Valdor with the Emperor? Malcador?

CW- lots of the HH is family drama. Valdor is the older really good child,non prodigal son left out in the cold. Familial connection between Emperor and primarchs, the custodians are just his weapons. Is their devotion there because he doesn’t have it for them? The primarchs need to be the stars of the HH. Valdor is incapable of jealousy, but what has seeing the Primarch balls everything up done to him?

Custodians know "their place". They know they are weapons, but are they not His friends in a way? His confidants? The Emperor considered the Primarchs as His sons once (Malcador said so in Birth of the Imperium) but at some point He trusted more the custodians than them, an He referred to His sons as weapons or tools aswell, didnt He? I guess it is a difficult topic, like Valdor, who seems simple but is complex and contradictory.