Discussion on the new C:SM & Possible BT supplement

It would be cool but I dont know what our place will be in this new codex, I think there may a new supplement for us if Im being optimistic BUT Im way more hyped about the possibility of creating my own Chapter Tactic for my army.

The supplement System is a pretty good way to do it I think.

That way Fw can do badab chapters quite easily as well for example.

Hope we get one. But with picking our two traits and the +1 A on the charge we are better of now than yesterday. This way my rhino with 9 crusaders and 1 character puts put a lot of hurt when it gets into melee.

Also pretty nice for the whole sword brethren detachment.

Thinking of that: I hope they add detachment for the different chapters or even gwneral ones in the codex. A dreadnought detachment would be ace.

Edited by Marshal Vespasian

Did anyone notice that we are getting +1 in the first round of combat again?

Looking forward to that little nugget

It is nice. I read somewhere that it will apply to all astartes, including heretics, so it may be quite widespread.

I’m also in the group hoping for a Sons of Dorn type arrangement, rather than just Imperial Fists.

Primaris Black Templar character would be cool as well.

there are 4 possibilities:

1. Codex Black Templars (after each first founding chapter get one supplement - we deserve more then them)

2. Supplement Black Templars (would make sense too - even it would be huge work for GW to make an extra Space Marine Codex for us)

3. Supplement "Sons of Dorn / Last Wall" where each chapter get a lot intension... could live with it.

4. Supplement Imperial Fists - we are just a side note ... like in the last 6 years

We have the most named characters on the current codex apart from Ultra Marines. We are also the only codex chapter with our own troop choice and our own elie choice. We have more pages of lore (besides the ultramarines) and we were front and center in the fluff leading up to the new Dark Imperium era. We haven't been ignored. Honestly this forum complains so much. I think what you meant to say was, ALL Marines suck at CC in an edition where CC isn't good anyway (which they're trying to improve with this new universal special rule) and there are no primaris chainswords (which they just teased on some white scars.)

We're gonna be fine. Just breath.

Edited by +Chaplain Matthias+

We have the most named characters on the current codex apart from Ultra Marines. We are also the only codex chapter with our own troop choice and our own elie choice. We have more pages of lore (besides the ultramarines) and we were front and center in the fluff leading up to the new Dark Imperium era. We haven't been ignored. Honestly this forum complains so much. I think what you meant to say was, ALL Marines suck at CC in an edition where CC isn't good anyway (which they're trying to improve with this new universal special rule) and there are no primaris chainswords (which they just teased on some white scars.)

We're gonna be fine. Just breath.

in terms of fluff you are correct. But Black Templars worked very different in Codex Black Templar then in Codex Space Marines started in 6th edition. 

I hope that the real FEELING to playing a Black Templar Army comes back again.

I'll admit, these new codex+supplements give me new hope, but I don't want to raise it too high until new info is released.

It's good news also that Angels of Death finally includes ATSKNF+Bolter Discipline, but the best part is the shock assault new rule. Crusader squads will bring the pain as they should again. And, for one, I hope that we don't get primaris Hellbretch and Grimaldus, I want to keep using them :wacko.:

Edited by bolvar

I thought that was a clear indicator in our favour, but when I considered that it seems likely the Blood and Dark Angels will be getting a supplement as well, they seemed a better target for that line in the article. 

I think we can safely assume the Iron Hands are getting one with their character on the way. I would prefer a BT supplement, but would definitely not look being in an IF supplement in the mouth.

With the addition of litanies I wonder how or if Grimaldus will change, maybe extra range or one more litany per turn. This just keeps getting better with each new bit of info, this is definitely a book I will be buying.

I'm retreating to here for my more blatant pro-BT bias. The long running beef in the other threads is getting tired.

I don't fall into the doom and gloom group. Schlitzaf's quick maths on the number of data sheets makes it extremely likely that our characters won't be in the main codex. That means they have to go somewhere, as I do not think GW would kill them off. It just doesn't make sense to remove rules for models that they already make and still sell. (And reasonably well if the availability of the upgrade kit is anything to go by, heck, they named a new paint after us! And we got a Vigilus detachment when we had no right to!)

Where that somewhere is, I don't really mind. In with the fists: cool. But our own book....

It's also interesting we haven't had the results of the big community survey, I think we may have been quite popular in that, so they may tie our release in with that. Good PR.

Hope is the first step to disappointment though!

Edited by Brother Adelard