Discussion on the new C:SM & Possible BT supplement

What worries me about this thing is that it screams Gathering Storm debacle all over again, the possibilities are great in that we might get a set of cool new rules but we could also just get the same treatment we had in Gathering Storm which was pitiful, I doubt we will get anything truly substantial if we are just in a campaign book because I dont think they will dedicated 5-10 pages for an army to get the same treatment as everyone in the codex now that all lineages have a supplement. Hell even DIY successors are better supported, I honestly want to think we are getting our own supplement sometime next year but its all up in the air and I cant help but think of the past.

I hope GW writes an article about the IF supplement soon so they can at least hint what will happen to us, will we be able to use IF strats in the meantime? Probably not but DIY successors will which makes our exclusion super weird to me.

What worries me about this thing is that it screams Gathering Storm debacle all over again, the possibilities are great in that we might get a set of cool new rules but we could also just get the same treatment we had in Gathering Storm which was pitiful, I doubt we will get anything truly substantial if we are just in a campaign book because I dont think they will dedicated 5-10 pages for an army to get the same treatment as everyone in the codex now that all lineages have a supplement. Hell even DIY successors are better supported, I honestly want to think we are getting our own supplement sometime next year but its all up in the air and I cant help but think of the past.

I hope GW writes an article about the IF supplement soon so they can at least hint what will happen to us, will we be able to use IF strats in the meantime? Probably not but DIY successors will which makes our exclusion super weird to me.

I actually had a lot of fun running our gathering storm formations. But I also own a ton of cadians, so it was a perfect fit for my collection. I may be biased.

Well since IF and Sal are coming october, we might still be a couple months out.

1st psy awakening book probably will come after sisters.

We gotta wait and see.

I don't mind the wait. Our vigilus formation combines with the new book well. I know my list lost 1 game out of the last 8 I have played with it, and according to spikey bits someone took Templar to the London GT and did well.

Templar are in a better state right now than they have been in a long time.

The IF supplement? I can't see how that could possibly be the case, since we're our own thing. Any rules for successors to do so is for all the other successors without an identity

We specifically couldn't use their stuff in the last codex. We're too divergent.

Crimson Fists had their own relics and wl-trait. 

With the IF and Sally character reveals, all first founding chapters have gotten a new character now (or will), but they seem to have given CF a miss on updating Pedro or giving them someone new. Not sure what this says about our chances...

It does...

GW just have their FF chapters in mind... but maybe they overthink about that because of the survey

Templar are in a better state right now than they have been in a long time.

thats just because of our hope now. And why ALL Space Marines getting more intention. But  for me it always depend on what we get in comparison to others. At the moment we dont have anything right now.

Edited by Medjugorje

We shall not be relegated to a WD issue. Nor some sidebar in a campaign book. GW is giving us hints. Our own section on the store page. Not included with the IF & CF with some PDFs to hold us over in the meantime.

60 odd pages will be easy to fill. 

Say it with me my Brethren...

CODEX! CODEX!

Further discussion: I firmly believe that we will never see a Primaris Crusader squad, it's just too far from their "going back to the old legion squads" kinda thing. HOWEVER I firmly believe that if we get a 'dex we'll see a really beefy Primaris Sword Brethren elite CC unit with a Gravis sergeant or something. A UNIT OF SMASH CAPTAINS. The first Primaris to get a unit of all power swords, or better yet PRIMARIS THUNDERHAMMERS. Like the new IF character's fist, but ya know, a hammer. 

We shall not be relegated to a WD issue. Nor some sidebar in a campaign book. GW is giving us hints. Our own section on the store page. Not included with the IF & CF with some PDFs to hold us over in the meantime.

CODEX! CODEX!

Further discussion: I firmly believe that we will never see a Primaris Crusader squad, it's just too far from their "going back to the old legion squads" kinda thing. HOWEVER I firmly believe that if we get a 'dex we'll see a really beefy Primaris Sword Brethren elite CC unit with a Gravis sergeant or something. A UNIT OF SMASH CAPTAINS. The first Primaris to get a unit of all power swords, or better yet PRIMARIS THUNDERHAMMERS. Like the new IF character's fist, but ya know, a hammer. 

I disagree, I think a Primaris crusader squad is entirely plausible. Deathwatch has mixed Primaris squads, why not us?

We already have a place preordained in Codex space marines, chapter tactics and all that. The question has always been in what form will our neccessary datasheets, stratagems and relics come in? And along with what?

A Primaris crusader squad is actually starting to feel like the most likely thing we might be getting, in my opinion, though to hold my expectations reasonable, perhaps just in the form of an upgrade sprue (slightly different from the others, to hold more chainswords?).

I wouldn't expect to see Primaris Swordbrethren before Primaris wave 3.0, which probably will focus on close combat (the now most requested addition to Primaris in general, since antitank/MBT and dedicated transports were tackled) or another primaris armor mark, like Gravis or Omnis.

Gotta agree with Reinhard.

If we drop on book 2 of psy awakening and are one of the focus factions, might be great.

A HQ and a Unit, if the Eldar release is anything to go by.

If not, we could just get the rules.

Now I simply refuse to believe we will just get rules. For that, we would be on the IF supplement, done and dusted.

I'm not big on following the rumour scene, but I actually put some weight behind GW allocating Black Templar their own tab on the search options within the website, instead of just retaining us under the Space Marine selection where our current Chapter Tactics/Rules sit. Looking at the other Chapters they separated out at that time - and the one they didn't (Crimson Fists, who are in with Imperial Fists) - I think this is an indicator that we have something planned/or on the way in terms of an independent rule set. 

I dare to dream Codex like Acebaur said, but realistic hopes are on a supplement.

Well their is a lot of possibilities as both the Dark Imperuim and Shadow Spear boxes released a lot of new models and reboots.  If it is BT and Orks we know we need a solid reboot but a lot of the Ork models also go back to 4th ed.  

The marketing of the box sets are great. As they give GW a chance to hit two factions with a quick build set at a low cost to them GW.  Also giving us a solid deal with the limitation of only have a set number of options.  Sure it could just be models that are already out but these boxes are normally limited runs and it would be a smart place to test the water to see if BT would be profitable.  

And we might be a few months out for a release.

Not counting AoS, we still have IF and Sal to be release October, sisters November, and the eldar psychic awakening book.

What it might happen is a box set like IF had last year in January?

Since apparently SW will be sharing box set with orks.

Obviously this is just speculation and rumours.

I'd say what busts the chances for a sepperate codex is the fact that our chapter tactics was included in the newest codex space marines. That pretty much means what we should expect is some sort of supplement to that as a baseline for our expectations, though the rumor scene is rather stormy about what form this will take

While I doubt it’ll be that good I admire your faith. That said I’m sure we’ll be content with the rules even if they’re not as powerful as the Iron Hands.

I think nobody should expect that we get rules in this level of competitive gameplay. But I dont want to be the weakest faction again and again if we are played with fluffy lists

CODEX! CODEX!

I disagree, I think a Primaris crusader squad is entirely plausible. Deathwatch has mixed Primaris squads, why not us?

think so too...

About a own codex... if we are in a campaignbook its possible thats a test for a later codex. But sure - at least 18 month in the future

I'm not big on following the rumour scene, but I actually put some weight behind GW allocating Black Templar their own tab on the search options within the website, instead of just retaining us under the Space Marine selection where our current Chapter Tactics/Rules sit. Looking at the other Chapters they separated out at that time - and the one they didn't (Crimson Fists, who are in with Imperial Fists) - I think this is an indicator that we have something planned/or on the way in terms of an independent rule set. 

I dare to dream Codex like Acebaur said, but realistic hopes are on a supplement.

I wouldnt expect too much just because of a sidebar.  There we can see how much hope we introduce into one such silly thing like a menu option 

....  Sure it could just be models that are already out but these boxes are normally limited runs and it would be a smart place to test the water to see if BT would be profitable.  

how should that be done if there are so much units in it, which any other Marine-player outthere could use too?... Thats just possible if you sell new character models - each chapter get one and then GeDub can see what happen next.

Edited by Medjugorje