Shock assault-New astartes rule

TiguriusX

Wolf Lord with 7 Attacks? Yes please...although I fear that they will somehow limit the ways we can stack all those Attack Buffs. Not getting my hopes up till I have seen everything.

But if not...I am playing a campaign end of the Year and there is a whole Soccer Team of Deamon Princes and Chaos Lords arrayed against me. I swore to myself that my Wolf Lord will slay each and every single one of them over the Course of the Campaign in glorious Single Combat. ..its called seeking a Saga for a Reason :teehee:

Edited by Oshikai

My mood is somewhat sour this hour, our codex had problems, from print (I still lose my replacement powers paper...), to the dex itself.

I'm not getting my hopes up.

I expect a faq to come out that says that this rule overwrites similar rules for space wolves specifically, and I mean specifically targeted.

- I.e.

- bloodclaws charge and this do not stack

- wont apply to wulfen, or wulfen's aura, or wulfen stone.

- Space wolf infiltrators to not have the trainee wolf priest or psyker.

- A rule that says supplements and standalone codex's overwrite codex 2.0

---i.e (wolf scouts are still elite)

I'll paint my current stuff up but I'll wait to buy anything new for a bit.

Ahh, maybe my mood is sour for no other reason.

I'll snap back to a better outlook shortly, no need to be a negative person.

Edited by Triszin

My mood is somewhat sour this hour, our codex had problems, from print (I still lose my replacement powers paper...), to the dex itself.

I'm not getting my hopes up.

I expect a faq to come out that says that this rule overwrites similar rules for space wolves specifically, and I mean specifically targeted.

- I.e.

- bloodclaws charge and this do not stack

- wont apply to wulfen, or wulfen's aura, or wulfen stone.

- Space wolf infiltrators to not have the trainee wolf priest or psyker.

- A rule that says supplements and standalone codex's overwrite codex 2.0

---i.e (wolf scouts are still elite)

I'll paint my current stuff up but I'll wait to buy anything new for a bit.

Ahh, maybe my mood is sour for no other reason.

I'll snap back to a better outlook shortly, no need to be a negative person.

Haha I feel you, I was at risk of derailing the N&R thread. I do think this will be a good set of changes though.

My main hesitation is how the supplements are handled.

I assume supplements will be 80~ pages.

Cover the primary chapter

- 3-6 of the top successors will have different warlord traits, additionally rules
- 50% of the book to be lore

- these books to have the chapter specific units/wargear

Release:
Marine 2.0 book
Ultras supp
White scars supp

2-3 weeks later
Iron hands supp
Imperial fist supp

2-3 weeks later
Raven gaurd supp
Salamanders supp

Each supp will be
Le book
Book
Dice
Primarized character
Upgrade sprue

Edited by Triszin

I just have so many questions though. They said “everything for everyone” essentially but then are we getting troop scouts, apothecaries, and cents etc? Are we going to get black templarized then later losing all but wulfen? Do we get access to all the codex strats in addition to our codex one right now?

I would think that some of our Datasheets will overwrite those in the Marine Codex (Scouts, Longfangs, Grey Hunters and so on). At least i hope so, I am usually not one of those "Aarrghh I am out" People, but the Moment Wolves become Wolves only in Color and some special Rules I will lose interest. Its just not for me.

But its  too soon to panick and quiet frankly I don`t think its gonna happen.

Edited by Oshikai

I see this plus attack as something good for our Grey hunters, three attacks on the charge is good for them,I always equip them with chainswords,, boosting them tremendously. But for my Blood claws I am not as equally excited, sure a ten man squad of Blood claws managing to have 40 attacks on the charge is nice, but my opponents are smart enough to let them charge chaff that are completely obliterated, and then they stand in the open where they can be shot and killed by bigger guns after they have consolidated into nothing. I am always happy after a charge when there is one or two chaff models left for next turn. My opponents already keeps lowly guardsmen, firewarriors, cultists and other soft targets so I can't consolidate into the more dangerous things. 

I still have not managed to get a lord with Wulven stone and a wulven squad  standing close to my blood claws so I can get an insane amount of attacks without my opponents making them a priority target, making the cost for that ball of death to high for me to get to work. Against a new player it might work ones. I see If we get that shock assault rule as a plus minus zero for blood claws. For all other units that have a tendency to get into cc it is nice boost. 

Just my opinion.

Cpt Danjou

So I slept on the news before posting and here's my thoughts.

I think this is, overall a strong release. I like all of the things that are coming, new rules are nice, and I'm a fan of the new toys. Hopefully that transport is priced between a rhino and a wave serpent and they are worth a run. I'm unsure about the exosuit but I think it is growing on me.

I doubt we will lose access to angels of death on our melee focused units as the whole point is to give marines the needed bump so to deny a rule to a unit in need of the bump makes no sense with the goal they seem to have. It may change the cost of some units mind, but as most need to go down in cost perhaps they will just stay as they are and gain the rule.

Conveniently they have prestated that we have access to anything in the main book so no silliness like with Vigilus or the repulsor executioner to worry about.

As to the supplement setup I think it's a good opportunity for them to expand the lore and get a couple special units in each codex so they can actually do some cool releases for our other main chapter brethren. I dont think we are one of the 6 supplement, though I do wonder if there's a curve ball in the supplements due to the redaction and if so what is their play.

All the good stuff out of the way I do have one criticism. I feel that marines were not in need of an offensive buff but a defensive one. The problem isn't marines being able to kill stuff its their ability to survive long enough to kill something. So I'm not sure if this is the whole solution. That said maybe a point cost reduction is inbound with this release and a 10 man grey hunter squad will be worth it again.

they mean  we will get access to the new primaris stuff. ..

there will be restrictions through keywords for the ''old stuff'' ...centurions...storm ravens etc 

i wish for 3 things as a sw player (as we arent getting a new codex anytime soon)

1.resonable cost for all primaris units (new and old)

2.to not specificaly nerf wolves for the +1 attack universal marine buff because we have similar mechanics 

we are already overcosted even with that buff

3.give us access to new generic primaris stratagems , traits,relics etc

4.make space marines(incl. sw,ba,da etc) a strong codex for a change,they suck

for 2+ years

Edited by lonewolf81

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/08/04/pre-order-preview-the-adeptus-astartes/

Despite being a fictional character, he was up all night writing them – the guy’s an absolute trooper!
** Yes, that includes Blood Angels, Space Wolves and Dark Angels! Have you ever wanted to carry Bjorn the Fell-Handed or Murderfang to battle using a Stormraven Gunship? Well, now you can!

im still a little sour, but getting back to normal. Like, our wolf dex just came out, and they seem to be pushing wolves harder more than anyone else of the non compliant to get the dex.

I don't think this will be a bad change for us unless you hate primaris or only wanted one book. They weren't going to re-release our codex, one for BA, and one for DA every time they do a new wave primaris (I'm willing to bet we will see a Close combat wave, and a vet wave at the very least). So this way we keep up to date with releases without being left in the dark for stretches.

That said if you hate primaris you did just pick up a lot of new units. We probably won't have quite as much fluff/army pictures as we're used to but that may surprise me. The best thing though is we don't have a long wait to figure out what a supplement may look like.

Also, if Ko’sarro Khan is primaris, then (at least in my mind) primaris bikers are 100% confirmed.

Let me be clear, that if we get primaris bikers and don’t get WG bikers and character bikers back I don’t think I’m going to like this change. While primaris bikers might be great, what I want is wolfguard bikers, and Wolf Lord bikers with all the customization that comes with those options. But we’ll see. Maybe they’ll give us our bikes back, maybe they just took them away so that only the big kids can have them.

It all just feels like legacy marines are being slowly faded out.

so wolves get access to new datasheets,do they get the new strats ,litanies,powers etc from the book though??

It doesn't mention it, I'm assuming we will gain access to some of the new generic stratagems, and relics. Litanies of faith is tough because our wolf priests don't work the same as chaplains (though this would make the different units more comparable)

I'm hoping that there is a day one faq telling us how to use the new codex with our book. I think its effectively going to be our supplement until they have new models to release with it.