Shock assault-New astartes rule

TiguriusX

they removed the bjorn-stormraven quote from wh community site......coincidence???

Haha I saw that. Someone got in trouble.

I hope we get the option. As the idea of baby carriering the muderfang is silly

Honestly I kinda hope we don’t....

I don’t want to be fun police but in my mind if we got full codex access that’s step one in losing some uniqueness. I love the AoD stuff and I’m fun with using the main dex as a core like in 3rd ed.

(Plus I don’t need to buy a crap load more)

Honestly I kinda hope we don’t....

I don’t want to be fun police but in my mind if we got full codex access that’s step one in losing some uniqueness. I love the AoD stuff and I’m fun with using the main dex as a core like in 3rd ed.

(Plus I don’t need to buy a crap load more)

Well soon find out. My guess by thursd

OK, this looks potentially like a lot of fun. I have held off getting any Wulfen as I thought the models looked silly but some converted Reivers as people have done on other threads could seriously tempt me.

I've been posting a lot today, probably sounding a tad preachy, but +1 A, is golden, makes all wulfen builds better, 4-A for hammers, 5-A for axes and claws, plus re-rolling wounds for claws, and with a plus 1 to hit re-rolling wounds is big, S-5 with re-rolls can hurt, and I mean hurt, vehicles this edition, TWC with wc are super dangerous withers the new rule

My personal take is that giving SW access to everything might mean our codex is not due for a renewal anytime soon.

Faqing all new marine rules into SW as well as units might be gw way of keeping wolves competitive until our new codex drops.

With regards to the +1 Attack for TWC, would this be +1A for the rider and the mount or would you have to choose which one got the +1A?

Almost certainly the rider. The mount does not really have stat line of its own, it just provides 3 bonus attacks.

My personal take is that giving SW access to everything might mean our codex is not due for a renewal anytime soon.

I don't think we are getting everything. I think it has been clarified that we are getting access to the new Primaris units (Incursors, Impulsors etc). They did initially say we would be getting all SM units but very quickly retracted that.

Edited by Karhedron

They confirmed we are getting shock assault and datasheets/points for new primaris.... We will be lucky to get all the new point changes (it seems unlikely)... They pretty much confirmed we are not getting access to other sm units and honestly why would we... We have our own unique stuff..outdated/overcosted but still unique Edited by lonewolf81

With regards to the +1 Attack for TWC, would this be +1A for the rider and the mount or would you have to choose which one got the +1A?

This came up in the FB group before and if memory serves RAW you can choose the mount. Though really it should be the rider. And the rider should be equipped with a better weapon than s5 ap -1 most of the time anyway :)

They confirmed we are getting shock assault and datasheets/points for new primaris.... We will be lucky to get all the new point changes (it seems unlikely)... They pretty much confirmed we are not getting access to other sm units and honestly why would we... We have our own unique stuff..outdated/overcosted but still unique

I dont see a reason the point changes would be unlikely. We share so many units and some are so close that the point change is obvious. I think we will get s points update

They did re-release our warlord traits in a free PDF, completely overwriting the book, so I'm hopeful that the new PDF will be relatively comprehensive. Imo they should include updated points values, shock assault, and hopefully some rule that allows us to not cancel combat doctrines for codex marines by merely operating alongside them. I like running combined operations with my Wolves and Ultras.

One thing I noticed was on the successor tactics listed in the marine book is basically the heroic intervention part of our chapter tactic, so I'm hoping they let us those options for our successors. Its probably too much to hope for in a pdf though (I'm kinda torn because I can make primaris successor make more sense with the new book lol). 

So, Stormraven for Space Wolves confirmed which probably means everything else as well:

** Yes, that includes Blood AngelsSpace Wolves and Dark Angels! Have you ever wanted to carry Bjorn the Fell-Handed or Murderfang to battle using a Stormraven Gunship? Well, now you can!

Well dang. I missed that one. Will have to see what changes when we get our dex. 

So, Stormraven for Space Wolves confirmed which probably means everything else as well:

** Yes, that includes Blood AngelsSpace Wolves and Dark Angels! Have you ever wanted to carry Bjorn the Fell-Handed or Murderfang to battle using a Stormraven Gunship? Well, now you can!

Well dang. I missed that one. Will have to see what changes when we get our dex. 

were not getting it, they removed that part from the warcom, but forgot to edit the copy paste from the actual webstore.

Yeah only servitors and Fen wolves miss out on the attack.

One thing I noticed was on the successor tactics listed in the marine book is basically the heroic intervention part of our chapter tactic, so I'm hoping they let us those options for our successors. Its probably too much to hope for in a pdf though (I'm kinda torn because I can make primaris successor make more sense with the new book lol).

I think if you want full primaris successors a la wolf spear then currently your best bet is to take the codex marine book. You can make a pretty wolf CT out of those options and as long as you aren't using the wolf units anyway the buffs of the new book are probably way worth it. I do think in the codex, when we get one, wolf spear will be discussed, maybe even given rules and a tactic, but until then codex can get you by for pure primaris.