Shock assault-New astartes rule

TiguriusX

Yeah only servitors and Fen wolves miss out on the attack.

One thing I noticed was on the successor tactics listed in the marine book is basically the heroic intervention part of our chapter tactic, so I'm hoping they let us those options for our successors. Its probably too much to hope for in a pdf though (I'm kinda torn because I can make primaris successor make more sense with the new book lol).

I think if you want full primaris successors a la wolf spear then currently your best bet is to take the codex marine book. You can make a pretty wolf CT out of those options and as long as you aren't using the wolf units anyway the buffs of the new book are probably way worth it. I do think in the codex, when we get one, wolf spear will be discussed, maybe even given rules and a tactic, but until then codex can get you by for pure primaris.

Oh it definitely makes more sense to use the new marine codex right now. It just feels weird having to choose one of the first foundings from that book. That said White Scars have an outflank stratagem, a melee focused doctrine bonus, and their psychic powers are really similar, so I tested a game with those rules (used whirlwind/born heroes + supplement stuff). It was fun but I think if I was trying to win a tournament, I would probably ally knights instead and use our codex. The doctrines are really strong, but I think you have to take full advantage of the entire codex to maximize it and if your not allies are better. 

Either way I'm hoping we gain a similar table for our great companies/successors, because its fun designing your army and I think there is a lot of value in being able to change up  your army every now and then.