Grey Knights back to the fray?

angrom

Okay. So its faster flying a giant spaceship through however many miles/lightyears into an orbit, aiming and guiding down a pod, and the time it takes to get from space to ground.

When deepstriking just requires them to load up their google space app on their phone and click their teleport destination?

Okay GW.

Technically we’ve never lost turn 1 drop pods.

Interceptors do that for us.

Edit: one thing I’d like to note is the scale of changes to this codex.

The index was bare bones.

The first codexes has more to it and seemed fleshed out and “finished”.

Now these new books add WAY more to what’s already there.

I don’t think it’s power creep.

I think GW planned to release the game in stages like we are seeing now in order to balance and keep :cuss as “even” as possible.

Edited by TheMostGood

I think it has been released in stages because otherwise it would have been hard to take in all of it all in one go, having categories within categories, so they released it in stages so you have a perfect understanding of a section then later do the extensions.

I think GW planned to release the game in stages like we are seeing now in order to balance and keep :cuss as “even” as possible.

Oh, well that’s nice of them. So they’ve happily charged their customers full price for a product they consider incomplete, and are then happy to charge full price again for the next piece of the puzzle?

Technically we’ve never lost turn 1 drop pods.

Interceptors do that for us.

And while it’s true we never lost turn 1 drop pods, we did lose turn 1 deep strike from Reserves. Interceptors still have to be on the board, at risk.

Edited by Holier Than Thou

The new litanies rules for chaplains. Is it safe to assume they affect us too?

Canticle of fate will definitely be super handy after deepstriking! +2 to charge range. Have something with first to the fray (maybe the chaplain himself) and unit of your choice as a deepstrike bomb. Needs just a 7inch charge then, re-rolling.

Canticle of fate will definitely be super handy after deepstriking! +2 to charge range. Have something with first to the fray (maybe the chaplain himself) and unit of your choice as a deepstrike bomb. Needs just a 7inch charge then, re-rolling.

From what I’ve read, Litanies are at the start of the round so you can’t use them the same turn a Chaplain arrives from deep strike.

I also doubt we’ll get anything else other than the Shock Assault rule.

Edited by Holier Than Thou

I'm pretty sure that new litanies are like librarius are available only to vanilla marines.

Until we have a rules update, our chaplains (as well as DA, BA, SW, DW) have only old Litanies of Hate rule.

But we still can take chaplain as ally, and all his litanies should affect us too.  Imagine 10 paladins with 4++ and 5+++. 

From what I’ve read, Litanies are at the start of the round so you can’t use them the same turn a Chaplain arrives from deep strike.

I also doubt we’ll get anything else other than the Shock Assault rule.

eh that's lame... Are the abilities auras or is it a selected unit gets the buff like a psychic power? Was thinking maybe activate the power first then gate after?

I hope we also get an updated Codex, and soon. Perhaps C:SM is the first of a new round of Codexes (instead of creating a new edition of the game).

Still, GK might have a bad case of "not Primaris" syndrome at GW. If Primaris is the future of power armour (it is) and we are not Primaris (maybe someday?), it would be one possible explanation for GW's apparent lack of interest in our faction.

Edited by TheGoldenThrone

Or they will probably bring up some sort of story line suggesting that GK haven't been truly loyal ever since the death of the Emperor. And then suggest they have been rejecting Primaris.

Or:

They will suggest GK have had a "Psychic Awakening" and have seen the truth and lies behind Primaris, and then GK and the classic space marines being the only truly loyal chapter (mostly GK).

I'm pretty confident that GK Chaplains will get the Litanies as well, just like GK will get Shock Assault too.

And if that happens we might see a nice little powerspike for GK.

Activate the +2" charge litany, drop reserves, jump with Interceptors, Gate the Chaplain to the rest of the army and enjoy easy charges.

Ah I see so you need something on the board to unlock the strategems from a different book? So a spearhead of Mortis contemptors or a patrol force. Makes sense I don't know what would be available to us in the new codex. I see that transhuman physiology is limited to adeptus Astartes so that might work for Paladins? Ignoring wound roles of 1,2 and 3?

Well ... I've been wrong before. :D

Too bad, doing some +2 charge shenanigans with GoI would've been great for you guys.

Flamestorm cannon becoming 12" is usually not even worth mentioning but I guess GK player can GoI a Landraider Redeemer now without sacrificing firepower lol

Actually, this make GK only faction, that can use to some effect in friendly games. 2d6 -2 2 autohits can actually hurt quite a bit.

Less than you might hope. It's still only on average 7 S6 AP-2 D2 hits. That means on average you kill 5 Firewarriors, 3 (Primaris) Marines or deal 3 damage to a T7 Sv3+ vehicle. Against every other kind of target the return is even lower because it wastes too much of the statline or simply isn't potent enough.

Edited by sfPanzer

Less than you might hope. It's still only on average 7 S6 AP-2 D2 hits. That means on average you kill 5 Firewarriors, 3 (Primaris) Marines or deal 3 damage to a T7 Sv3+ vehicle. Against every other kind of target the return is even lower because it wastes too much of the statline or simply isn't potent enough.

Just what you need for a friendly game, IMO.