Armies on Parade: imperial guard

GuardDaddy

I entered my IG into AoP2018:

med_gallery_63428_8145_532841.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_8145_463345.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_8145_591057.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_8145_97519.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_8145_173888.jpeg

I used a cork noticeboard about 60cm x 40cm, from the local 100yen store for the board, and paper-clay (again from the 100yen store) to sculpt it a bit. Some thick card across one corner for a bit of road. Painted it all with cheap craft store acrylic paints. I kept it all cheap as, with an IG army, likely most of the board will be covered (particularly if, like me, you can’t resist the temptation to fit your entire army on the board!).

The only real terrain piece I added was a statue I squeezed into one corner:

gallery_63428_6841_13999.jpg

I hope that helps, and I’d love to see everyone’s entries.

Sounds great. I'm looking forward to doing some terrain. I also want to share fluff of my regiment so going to have some info text on side of board, so going to do a deeper board. Not sure yet by adding a simple frame that will also help rigidity. The models are done. Also conscious of transport. I have a fair bit of GW scenery to use from various sources.

At the minute plan is to have back of base with ruined buildings and arranging models as they charge out of that.

• 2 weeks later...

OK starting to flesh project out now.

I've collected up 40k scenery I have and can get quite a high stack set up to add vertical height

8P83Uif.jpg

Got the board from B&Q (UK) for 12 quid. Here is layout test

Tk07v2g.jpg

I have seen what I can get on model wise without overcrowding board

BvpcWSG.jpg

It will allow for some nice little mini scenes to be set up within board

H7yFo7t.jpg

NEXT STEPS:

I'm going to spray paint baseboard, and then add low level scatter scenery. Below are links to useful stuff I've found for this

Pavement to go around buildings - https://ttcombat.com/collections/city-scenics/products/pavement-set

Tank Traps - https://www.waylandgames.co.uk/28mm-scenery/18117-anti-tank-traps?search_query=tank+trap&results=21

Sandbags - https://ttcombat.com/collections/sci-fi-gothic/products/sandbags

Imperial Street Lights! https://www.waylandgames.co.uk/kromlech-tabletop-scenics/64407-hive-city-street-lights

Harbour Grating - to use as street - https://ttcombat.com/collections/gaming-boards/products/harbour-grating-sections

I entered my IG into AoP2018:

med_gallery_63428_8145_532841.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_8145_463345.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_8145_591057.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_8145_97519.jpeg

med_gallery_63428_8145_173888.jpeg

I used a cork noticeboard about 60cm x 40cm, from the local 100yen store for the board, and paper-clay (again from the 100yen store) to sculpt it a bit. Some thick card across one corner for a bit of road. Painted it all with cheap craft store acrylic paints. I kept it all cheap as, with an IG army, likely most of the board will be covered (particularly if, like me, you can’t resist the temptation to fit your entire army on the board!).

The only real terrain piece I added was a statue I squeezed into one corner:

gallery_63428_6841_13999.jpg

I hope that helps, and I’d love to see everyone’s entries.

Love your flyer, do you have any WIP pictures of it?

• 1 month later...

Can't make my images small enough right now to upload to BnC... My 3.5k points of solar Auxilia are at my GW LGS right now

If you're in your phone theres plenty of free photo resizing apps otherwise paint is always a handy option :tu:

Looking forward to seeing your pics

GD looks great :tu:

How'd did you place?

Thanks Duz!!!

Done things I don't think about

Here we go, back down the rabbit hole....

So, my LGS usually does AoP at the end of October so I'm resting easy and gently plugging along on the for soldiers and planning on a tiered display base this year... Happy go lucky till I look in the shops FB feed on a Friday and see that I only have 1 week

Needless to say I quit sleeping and put in 24 hours of painting in that week to almost get finished with the command squad...

Anyhoo... Here we go

gallery_32985_15295_173099.jpg

gallery_32985_15295_159366.jpg

Can't make my images small enough right now to upload to BnC... My 3.5k points of solar Auxilia are at my GW LGS right now

If you're in your phone theres plenty of free photo resizing apps otherwise paint is always a handy option :tu:

Looking forward to seeing your pics

GD looks great :tu:

How'd did you place?

Congratulations to those who entered the Armies on Parade. All the pics in this thread look fantastic, so much effort and inspiring, so well done!

Unfortunately, I did not get to enter the AOP, the store manager did not allow it. Due to where I live and the nearest store being over 500km away, I rang the store to check on some things before going there, as driving that far and booking a hotel etc I wanted to make sure I got things right, like entry times etc. When we phone talked about my entry the store manager told me sorry, he had a no FW policy. That meant no FW kits at all, to play with or even for entry into painting events, like the AOP. As I had designed my entry around the large FW Porphyrion knight, he gave me a choice, replace that knight with something else or not enter. Well it was a bit hard to suddenly come up with a replacement.

Anyway, at least I found out before I drove there! That would have sucked even more!!!

Btw I have since checked with GW, apparently stores (individual store managers) have the right to allow FW kits in their store or not allow them. I think I’ve heard something like that before, just didn’t realise it included painting events as well. Now I know.