The Revenant Fists

Bruce Malcom

During the Horus Heresy, around two thousand Imperial Fists fought their traitorous brothers. The great weapons, equipment, vehicles, and tactics lost to time were used in battle, as flying vehicles crashed to the ground, on fire and it's pilot dead. Bodies lay strewn about, both Legion's Boltguns and ammo being fired from the opposite as their resources dwindled similar to their body count.

Eventually, as it appears the Fists will claim the day, the Thousand Sons commit a dangerous ritual and the Warp ravages the planet temporarily, tossing them throughout time.

After managing to hold out from Men of Iron, Thunder Warriors mistaking them for Techno-Barbarians, Aeldari and Necron scouting parties from the War in Heaven, and a swarm of beasts from the Far, Far Future, their numbers had been cut in half and their resources only somewhat replenished, Bolter ammo only in stock from their battle with Thunder Warriors.

Finally, the 800-strong Imperial Fists slew the last Thousand Son, and the dark Warp lifted it's grasp from the planet. After using scavenged equipment to contact whatever Imperial bastion they could, they discovered something incredibly odd; there was a light, a beacon coming straight from Terra. Being weary from battle and stuck without resources, they had to become more than just soldiers for a full five months. Techmarines built shelter as well as repaired old downed vehicles and gear. Astartes became farmers to supply their brothers and themselves with enough nutrients to survive.

But then, a mysterious new Xenos arrived on the planet; blue, hooved, and violent. The last part was to be expected, but the rest caught them off-guard. They had not seen Xenos like this before...

They died like the rest; enough boltgun fire put down their infantry and heavier weaponry trashed their mechs. They used both stolen Xenos flyers and their own repaired vehicles to board the Xenos ship, learning their name; Tau. The Tau ship now under the Fist's control they did not know how to function. There was no navigator, no Warp, and an entirely different language! Decrypting this took quite a while, with Techmarines working around the clock to figure it out. After years of grueling study they figured it out and started to hop around. After helping a nearby Imperial Guard regiment, and subsequently being shot at for being 'heretics', they came to the conclusion the Imperium had been overthrown not by Chaos, but by the religious type the Imperial Truth had warned them about. After stealing a couple ships from unwitting shipyards, and the integration of Tau drives, the Revenant Fists travelled across the galaxy spreading the word of the Imperial Truth, fighting Xenos, the Chaos affiliated, and this new imposter Imperium who insultingly worships the Emperor who fought against their practices.

You have good imagination, but bad writers have used time travel (including "lost in the Warp") and the "a wizard did it" as plot devices for so long, I fear other board members may reject your ideas out of sheer reflex- see

J. J. Abrams' work, to understand the risk.

Instead of saying these Fists were lost since the Heresy, how about a mixed force of Fists and Fists successors, fighting to depose Goge Vandire during the Age of Apostasy? Say a Thousand Sons fleet attacked the shipyard where the Fists and Fists successors' ships were to rally, refuel, and rearm before the final push towards Holy Terra, leaving Imperial records to state the loyalist ships, the shipyard, and the planet the shipyard orbited to be "lost in a sudden Warp storm" until M41?

Hail Brother Bruce,

I love your overall story. Shows a lot of imagination and great potential. A chapter actively spreading the Imperial Truth is a cool idea (Word Bears Antithesis?:happy.:) makes for some good story ideas with plenty of possibility for conflict.

Brother Bjorn brings up some good points.

Let's start with time travel:blush.: :biggrin.: This is one of those classic Sci Fi devices that can be easily overused and is dangerously open to ridicule.  I used this trope myself, and fortunately it worked out well in the creation of my DIY Chapter, the Praetorian Sword:sweat: Now, if you feel strongly that this is an important part of your Chapter's story, then by all means, keep it. But, be prepared to defend it. 

Bjorn's idea of Fist and Fist successors might be worth considering too.

Ultimately, the Revenant Fists (cool name by the way:thumbsup:) is your chapter and you should proceed as you see fit, regardless of what anyone says. I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops.

Good luck and have fun.

Edited by Brother Lunkhead

You have good imagination, but bad writers have used time travel (including "lost in the Warp") and the "a wizard did it" as plot devices for so long, I fear other board members may reject your ideas out of sheer reflex- see

J. J. Abrams' work, to understand the risk.

Instead of saying these Fists were lost since the Heresy, how about a mixed force of Fists and Fists successors, fighting to depose Goge Vandire during the Age of Apostasy? Say a Thousand Sons fleet attacked the shipyard where the Fists and Fists successors' ships were to rally, refuel, and rearm before the final push towards Holy Terra, leaving Imperial records to state the loyalist ships, the shipyard, and the planet the shipyard orbited to be "lost in a sudden Warp storm" until M41?

Hail Brother Bruce,

I love your overall story. Shows a lot of imagination and great potential. A chapter actively spreading the Imperial Truth is a cool idea (Word Bears Antithesis?^_^) makes for some good story ideas with plenty of possibility for conflict.

Brother Bjorn brings up some good points.

Let's start with time travel:blush: :D This is one of those classic Sci Fi devices that can be easily overused and is dangerously open to ridicule.  I used this trope myself, and fortunately it worked out well in the creation of my DIY Chapter, the Praetorian Sword:sweat: Now, if you feel strongly that this is an important part of your Chapter's story, then by all means, keep it. But, be prepared to defend it. 

Bjorn's idea of Fist and Fist successors might be worth considering too.

Ultimately, the Revenant Fists (cool name by the way:tu:) is your chapter and you should proceed as you see fit, regardless of what anyone says. I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops.

Good luck and have fun.

Hail brothers Lunkhead and Bjorn! Thanks for the compliment to the name.

As for time travel, as basic and overused as it may seem, with a definite over saturation these days, is still a cool and interesting topic. I am ready to defend it. And it's a hopefully cool idea I really wanted to expand. (These supposedly dead group of Fists stuck fighting 40k's most dangerous enemies, past, present, and future, returning to avenge their old Imperium and obtain Justice for the Emperor's pseudo-death, in an unwinnable crusade against everyone?)

(These supposedly dead group of Fists stuck fighting 40k's most dangerous enemies, past, present, and future, returning to avenge their old Imperium and obtain Justice for the Emperor's pseudo-death, in an unwinnable crusade against everyone?)

This IS a great concept. It should be developed with the utmost care, so its execution won't go down in the flames of disappointment; you should seek not just a second opinion, but a third and fourth from those familiar with the setting. (Failing to seek and then LISTEN to such advise, was the reason the fandom hates Matt Ward and Rian Johnson with such passion.)

That's the spirit Brother Bruce.... stick to your guns:thumbsup: 

Eventually, as it appears the Fists will claim the day, the Thousand Sons commit a dangerous ritual and the Warp ravages the planet temporarily, tossing them throughout time.

As I see it, this is the key point. This will be either the weak link to your time travel plot line or a really good story element, depending on how it's developed.

Warp storms are miserable, destructive things. Whole star systems have been laid to waste by them. No one survives unprotected from a warp storm..... no one. Star ships traversing the warp survive by generating a "reality bubble" by means of a Gellar Field. How do your stalwart Fists survive? Do your Techmarines build a portable Gellar Field generator?...… Do several Librarians bravely sacrifice themselves creating a psychic shield to protect their comrades?

Those are just a couple of ideas off the top of my head.... I'm not suggesting you have to use any of them (but you can if you want:teehee:). Also, don't think you have to write down every single rational for your story.... just have an explanation in mind if someone has a question. And one more thing..... if all else fails, "I just think it's a cool idea, so it stays.... get off my back!!" is acceptable as well:wink:  It's your story.

As I see it, this is the key point. This will be either the weak link to your time travel plot line or a really good story element, depending on how it's developed.

Warp storms are miserable, destructive things. Whole star systems have been laid to waste by them. No one survives unprotected from a warp storm..... no one. Star ships traversing the warp survive by generating a "reality bubble" by means of a Gellar Field. How do your stalwart Fists survive? Do your Techmarines build a portable Gellar Field generator?...… Do several Librarians bravely sacrifice themselves creating a psychic shield to protect their comrades?

Someone is putting some thought into a concept! No offense intended, but after all the disappointments I read and see in present day comic books, novels, TV shows, movies, and video games- I'm looking at you, Disney, Marvel Comics, Lucasfilm, Dice- it's downright refreshing to see someone THINK instead of FEELS.

Those are just a couple of ideas off the top of my head.... I'm not suggesting you have to use any of them (but you can if you want:teehee:). Also, don't think you have to write down every single rational for your story.... just have an explanation in mind if someone has a question. And one more thing..... if all else fails, "I just think it's a cool idea, so it stays.... get off my back!!" is acceptable as well:wink: It's your story.

Well said.

That's the spirit Brother Bruce.... stick to your guns:tu:

Those are just a couple of ideas off the top of my head.... I'm not suggesting you have to use any of them (but you can if you want:teehee:). Also, don't think you have to write down every single rational for your story.... just have an explanation in mind if someone has a question. And one more thing..... if all else fails, "I just think it's a cool idea, so it stays.... get off my back!!" is acceptable as well;) It's your story.

All of their Librarians are dead by the end of the Storm; forced to suffer for however long they were stuck, only kept going by their Brother's need for their talents. This was their moment to shine; Psykers were feared, but now...now their brothers needed them.

It's fun making explanations (and managing to make them work, which usually happens). I'd rather it not come to that, but trust me; I will not shy away from fierce combat!

Edited by Bruce Malcom

All of their Librarians are dead by the end of the Storm; forced to suffer for however long they were stuck, only kept going by their Brother's need for their talents. This was their moment to shine; Psykers were feared, but now...now their brothers needed them.

Does this mean being trapped in the Warp storm had awakened the surviving Fists' latent psychic powers? And for the dead Librarians to be "kept going by their Brother's need for their talents," made me think their spirits aid the Fists leader, the way dead Grey Knights' spirits aid Grandmaster Vorth Mordrak.

You might as well have the Revenant Fists "count as Grey Knights" in-game.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted Today, 12:38 AM

It's fun making explanations (and managing to make them work, which usually happens). I'd rather it not come to that, but trust me; I will not shy away from fierce combat 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It's not so much making explanations in order to defend your position to someone who questions it. It's more about researching and self editing to ensure that your story flows and completely makes sense in your own head. Most writers do copious amounts of research, the vast majority which never appears in a story. 

Also, Brother Bjorn made an excellent observation here:

(These supposedly dead group of Fists stuck fighting 40k's most dangerous enemies, past, present, and future, returning to avenge their old Imperium and obtain Justice for the Emperor's pseudo-death, in an unwinnable crusade against everyone?)

This IS a great concept. It should be developed with the utmost care, so its execution won't go down in the flames of disappointment; you should seek not just a second opinion, but a third and fourth from those familiar with the setting. (Failing to seek and then LISTEN to such advise, was the reason the fandom hates Matt Ward and Rian Johnson with such passion.)

Getting seasoned advice is worth it's weight in gold. Good constructive critiques are very helpful too, and may bring out points you didn't think of...… and speaking of things I didn't think of.....

Does this mean being trapped in the Warp storm had awakened the surviving Fists' latent psychic powers? And for the dead Librarians to be "kept going by their Brother's need for their talents," made me think their spirits aid the Fists leader, the way dead Grey Knights' spirits aid Grandmaster Vorth Mordrak.

……just like "dead Grey Knight spirits"...… what a great idea:yes:

Edited by Brother Lunkhead

I hadn't thought of that. Sounds cool...as for in-game, this was actually at first an idea on how to play both 40k and HH with the same army, so I don't need to buy both. Funny how things evolve.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bruce Malcom

Posted Today, 12:38 AM

It's fun making explanations (and managing to make them work, which usually happens). I'd rather it not come to that, but trust me; I will not shy away from fierce combat 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It's not so much making explanations in order to defend your position to someone who questions it. It's more about researching and self editing to ensure that your story flows and completely makes sense in your own head. Most writers do copious amounts of research, the vast majority which never appears in a story. 

Also, Brother Bjorn made an excellent observation here:

Getting seasoned advice is worth it's weight in gold. Good constructive critiques are very helpful too, and may bring out points you didn't think of...… and speaking of things I didn't think of.....

……just like "dead Grey Knight spirits"...… what a great idea:yes:

I didn't mean it like that. The first part of that sentence was about how fun it is to sporadically make stuff up then refine it to make more sense. I tend to get a lot of use out of it, like my post-apocalyptic bois and other creations.

Posted Today, 12:15 AM

I didn't mean it like that. The first part of that sentence was about how fun it is to sporadically make stuff up then refine it to make more sense. I tend to get a lot of use out of it, like my post-apocalyptic bois and other creations.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Check:thumbsup:

The idea of time hopping space marine chapter does has its appeal but your short explanation about them leaves out vital gaps such as: 

a) How did they manage to maintain a chapter level strength through all of those aforementioned events?

b ) Did they take any technology with them or leave it behind, regardless of the consequences?

c) What finally made them stop time hoping? Wouldn't have made more sense if these guys continued in secret to send small squads to critical events along Imperial history to turn the tide of battle disguised as semi-ghost, bone covered legionaries as to not arouse suspicion (Actually that would make a great 40k theory video).

d) If they been to the far future beyond m42 and as far back as to fight off Necrons during the War in Heaven, wouldn't it have made more sense for them to utilize this knowledge for the benefit of the imperium by working in the shadows to influence events for a better, more Scientifica inclined truth based imperium? I just don't see gene bulked warriors, especially former Imp Fists, to drop the blade and bolt in exchange for trow and pitchfork. 

e) Why didn't they just join up with their battle brothers at the phalanx, undergo trials and tests, and prove they are still loyal? I mean the imperial fists could use some of that forbidden lore of history.

I ask these questions not to be a harsh critic, but more out of curiosity and concerned fellow fanfic writer. I say the concept is a good start but it is very ROUGH, and I mean rough to look at first glance.  

Edited by Brotherblur

The idea of time hopping space marine chapter does has its appeal but your short explanation about them leaves out vital gaps such as:

a) How did they manage to maintain a chapter level strength through all of those aforementioned events?

Bruce Malcom previously wrote:

During the Horus Heresy, around two thousand Imperial Fists fought their traitorous brothers. The great weapons, equipment, vehicles, and tactics lost to time were used in battle, as flying vehicles crashed to the ground, on fire and it's pilot dead. Bodies lay strewn about, both Legion's Boltguns and ammo being fired from the opposite as their resources dwindled similar to their body count.

After managing to hold out from Men of Iron, Thunder Warriors mistaking them for Techno-Barbarians, Aeldari and Necron scouting parties from the War in Heaven, and a swarm of beasts from the Far, Far Future, their numbers had been cut in half and their resources only somewhat replenished, Bolter ammo only in stock from their battle with Thunder Warriors.

Finally, the 800-strong Imperial Fists slew the last Thousand Son, and the dark Warp lifted it's grasp from the planet.

Meaning 60% of the Fists DIED while they were trapped in the Warp.

b ) Did they take any technology with them or leave it behind, regardless of the consequences?

c) What finally made them stop time hoping? Wouldn't have made more sense if these guys continued in secret to send small squads to critical events along Imperial history to turn the tide of battle disguised as semi-ghost, bone covered legionaries as to not arouse suspicion (Actually that would make a great 40k theory video).

As noted, the Fists had no way of controlling which timeline they were in; they only emerged from the Warp when they killed the last of the Thousand Sons sorcerers whose botched ritual trapped both armies in the Immaterium. I presume the Fists fought "Men of Iron, Thunder Warriors mistaking them for Techno-Barbarians, Aeldari and Necron scouting parties from the War in Heaven, and [Tyranids]" when the botched ritual sucked the latter into the Immaterium, NOT when the Warp temporarily stabilized and allowed the Fists to interact with the material world.

d) If they been to the far future beyond m42 and as far back as to fight off Necrons during the War in Heaven, wouldn't it have made more sense for them to utilize this knowledge for the benefit of the imperium by working in the shadows to influence events for a better, more Scientifica inclined truth based imperium? I just don't see gene bulked warriors, especially former Imp Fists, to drop the blade and bolt in exchange for trow and pitchfork. 

e) Why didn't they just join up with their battle brothers at the phalanx, undergo trials and tests, and prove they are still loyal? I mean the imperial fists could use some of that forbidden lore of history.

I ask these questions not to be a harsh critic, but more out of curiosity and concerned fellow fanfic writer. I say the concept is a good start but it is very ROUGH, and I mean rough to look at first glance.

1) They started strong. They were expecting extreme resistance and casualties.

2). If you mean 30k-tech, yes. If you mean Necron stuff and such, no. The time hopping Xenos and such all dissipated after a while, only the Fists and Sons remained.

3.) No, they aren't the Legion of the Damned, as cool as that would be. The Thousand Sons there were causing the storm, and when they all died, the storm dissipated.

4.) They were stuck on the planet, not free to roam. They didn't know much besides 'Unkillable green robots with anti-everything lasers' and 'biological horrors to the nth degree'. They do fight Necrons and Tyranids and remember their similar kin, however. Planets that they've 'converted' (namely their new Chapter Planet) to the Imperial Truth is told to watch out and how to kill these foes.

5.) You see, they think that the whole Imperium is lost and religious, which it is. Why would they ally with the perversion of their empire, which has become the one thing they were told to kill during the Crusade?

Bruce Malcom previously wrote:

Finally, the 800-strong Imperial Fists slew the last Thousand Son, and the dark Warp lifted it's grasp from the planet.

Meaning 60% of the Fists DIED while they were trapped in the Warp.

As noted, the Fists had no way of controlling which timeline they were in; they only emerged from the Warp when they killed the last of the Thousand Sons sorcerers whose botched ritual trapped both armies in the Immaterium. I presume the Fists fought "Men of Iron, Thunder Warriors mistaking them for Techno-Barbarians, Aeldari and Necron scouting parties from the War in Heaven, and [Tyranids]" when the botched ritual sucked the latter into the Immaterium, NOT when the Warp temporarily stabilized and allowed the Fists to interact with the material world.

Only saw your post after I responded, thank you.

I like where you are going with this chapter:thumbsup:

You've got a good start with conflict with the Thousand Sons and a warp storm ravaged battleground. The fight against all of these foes across time and space got me wondering.... were all of these beings drawn in simply by the Thousand Sons spell or was the planet itself some sort of nexus? Perhaps all of them claimed this world at one time or another.

Looking forward to more:yes:

I like where you are going with this chapter:tu:

You've got a good start with conflict with the Thousand Sons and a warp storm ravaged battleground. The fight against all of these foes across time and space got me wondering.... were all of these beings drawn in simply by the Thousand Sons spell or was the planet itself some sort of nexus? Perhaps all of them claimed this world at one time or another.

Looking forward to more:yes:

Thank you, and the Thunder Warriors and New Devourer were drawn by the spell, but everyone else at one point controlled the planet.

After stealing a couple ships from unwitting shipyards, and the integration of Tau drives, the Revenant Fists travelled across the galaxy spreading the word of the Imperial Truth, fighting Xenos, the Chaos affiliated, and this new imposter Imperium who insultingly worships the Emperor who fought against their practices.

The last should be avoided. As deeply flawed as the current Imperium is, it still protects humanity from forces seeking to erase our species from existence- hell, even Chaos Space Marines don't want humanity to go extinct, if only because they want slaves to use and abuse! Such actions will likely make Imperial citizens view the Revenant Fists as disguised xenos and enemies of humanity, for whom the Imperium should devote a lot of resources to wipe out- including subjecting the Revenant Fists' Chapter planets to Exterminatus.

Your Chapter will need allies if it wants to continue spreading a modified form of the Imperial Truth, the modifications an ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY adaptation so the Emperor's word can apply to the galaxy's current state. Kelborn's Imperial Sons are one option- they certainly have planets to spare, and may be generous enough to gift the Fists a planet on which to build a fortress-monastery, if the Fists convince the Sons they can be trusted to uphold the Imperial Truth and to cover the Sons' vulnerabilities in that star system. The AdMech is another possibility, one that may tolerate a Revenant Fists fortress-monastery on a mining planet or agri-world that supplies a nearby forge world with resources (NEVER on the forge world itself), in exchange for certain... favors. Alternately, you can just make the Revenant Sons a fleet-based Chapter, like the Carcharodons Astra.

If the Fists insist they must punish the "imposter Imperium" for "worshiping the Emperor," they WILL be seen as Chaos renegades, and be forced to make do with a Daemon world in the Eye of Terror- while Tzeentch laughs his head off and pats himself on his back for having turned the Revenant Fists against the very Imperium they claim to uphold.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

Brother Bjorn makes very good points (sorry.... I should have caught this myself:blush.:). The Revenant Fists are going to have to alter their stance in regards to the Imperial Truth or hold their nose and tolerate the Ecclesiarchy and the views of some of their brother chapters. Even the Empire's Lord Commander, Big Bobbie G (no slouch when it comes to the Imperial Truth) understands how firmly Emperor worship is imbedded in Imperial culture and doesn't fight it (well.... maybe just a little:wink:). 

If your chapter continues on it's current course, I have no doubt that they will be declared renegade and Excommunicate Traitoris:eek: However, this too is a legitimate course. Loyalist renegade chapters are not unheard of (just very rare). You don't have to be a Chaos lover to be a renegade..... but it helps.

Should you decide to hold your nose against the stench of Emperor worship and remain within the bosom of the Imperium, I don't think you could find a more sympathetic ally than the Imperial Sons (good call Bjorn:thumbsup:). Perhaps they would be willing to help in your search for a chapter world.

After stealing a couple ships from unwitting shipyards, and the integration of Tau drives, the Revenant Fists travelled across the galaxy spreading the word of the Imperial Truth, fighting Xenos, the Chaos affiliated, and this new imposter Imperium who insultingly worships the Emperor who fought against their practices.

The last should be avoided. As deeply flawed as the current Imperium is, it still protects humanity from forces seeking to erase our species from existence- hell, even Chaos Space Marines don't want humanity to go extinct, if only because they want slaves to use and abuse! Such actions will likely make Imperial citizens view the Revenant Fists as disguised xenos and enemies of humanity, for whom the Imperium should devote a lot of resources to wipe out- including subjecting the Revenant Fists' Chapter planets to Exterminatus.

Your Chapter will need allies if it wants to continue spreading a modified form of the Imperial Truth, the modifications an ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY adaptation so the Emperor's word can apply to the galaxy's current state. Kelborn's Imperial Sons are one option- they certainly have planets to spare, and may be generous enough to gift the Fists a planet on which to build a fortress-monastery, if the Fists convince the Sons they can be trusted to uphold the Imperial Truth and to cover the Sons' vulnerabilities in that star system. The AdMech is another possibility, one that may tolerate a Revenant Fists fortress-monastery on a mining planet or agri-world that supplies a nearby forge world with resources (NEVER on the forge world itself), in exchange for certain... favors. Alternately, you can just make the Revenant Sons a fleet-based Chapter, like the Carcharodons Astra.

If the Fists insist they must punish the "imposter Imperium" for "worshiping the Emperor," they WILL be seen as Chaos renegades, and be forced to make do with a Daemon world in the Eye of Terror- while Tzeentch laughs his head off and pats himself on his back for having turned the Revenant Fists against the very Imperium they claim to uphold.

I'm pretty certain a Daemon world wouldn't work, and perhaps they would join these Sons - if get the original creator's blessing. Maybe a fleet could work but you can't exactly fortify space. ;)

Brother Bjorn makes very good points (sorry.... I should have caught this myself:blush:). The Revenant Fists are going to have to alter their stance in regards to the Imperial Truth or hold their nose and tolerate the Ecclesiarchy and the views of some of their brother chapters. Even the Empire's Lord Commander, Big Bobbie G (no slouch when it comes to the Imperial Truth) understands how firmly Emperor worship is imbedded in Imperial culture and doesn't fight it (well.... maybe just a little;)). 

If your chapter continues on it's current course, I have no doubt that they will be declared renegade and Excommunicate Traitoris:eek However, this too is a legitimate course. Loyalist renegade chapters are not unheard of (just very rare). You don't have to be a Chaos lover to be a renegade..... but it helps.

Should you decide to hold your nose against the stench of Emperor worship and remain within the bosom of the Imperium, I don't think you could find a more sympathetic ally than the Imperial Sons (good call Bjorn:tu:). Perhaps they would be willing to help in your search for a chapter world.

Perhaps violence isn't the answer, and they certainly cannot face the Imperium with brute strength alone; turning them from within would be a much wiser option. And they'd be pretty interested in all this 'Prime-Aris' stuff everyone keeps talking about too ;))))

Again, in order to have any 'real' interaction between the Fists and Sons I'd need the original creator's blessings. I read his Index and it seems pretty cool. (Good call guys :tu:)

Maybe a fleet could work but you can't exactly fortify space.

You don't need to fortify space. A fleet-based Chapter should have the mobility to simply NOT BE THERE for enemies to besiege. Don't call it "fleeing with their tails between their legs," call it "en route to rendezvous with allies,"- then laugh your head off when the overeager enemy gets ambushed and wiped out during the pursuit.

Maybe a fleet could work but you can't exactly fortify space.

You don't need to fortify space. A fleet-based Chapter should have the mobility to simply NOT BE THERE for enemies to besiege. Don't call it "fleeing with their tails between their legs," call it "en route to rendezvous with allies,"- then laugh your head off when the overeager enemy gets ambushed and wiped out during the pursuit.

Not sure if that's more like Imperial Fists or less like Imperial Fists. Probably more. Eh, they can just fortify the ships. BTW I do think an AdMech partnership would be best, considering they have a stolen Tau ship, complete with non-Warp related tech. (They do under-the-table trades with Xenos tech, right? Ah, whatever. If they don't I'll just make a Forge World that does ;))

One possible ally for the Revenant Fists, is your own Pacificae. Say the Chaos cults who devastated Pacificae and the nearby shrine world of Occulis, did so because they received visions of a triumphant Thousand Sons army emerging from the Warp to conquer those worlds. (The cultists- who all died before the Astartes returned to the material realm- didn't think the Revenant Fists would win instead.)

BTW I do think an AdMech partnership would be best, considering they have a stolen Tau ship, complete with non-Warp related tech. (They do under-the-table trades with Xenos tech, right? Ah, whatever. If they don't I'll just make a Forge World that does ;))

A forge world whose ruling Magi are allied with radical Inquisitors (the latter are known to use xeno arms and armor, as seen in Sandy Mitchell's Innocence Proves Nothing). The Magi are NOT committing the sin of reverse-engineering- pay no attention to the Tech-priests assembling railguns behind that door- they are studying xeno technology to search for weaknesses which the Imperium's defenders can exploit to defeat the Tau, when the upstart xenos try to force their "Greater Good" upon humanity. The Inquisitors want to use the Tau as "fall guys" when they need to kill an inconvenient individual- planetary governors, lord generals of the Astra Militarum, Puritan Inquisitors- who is so popular or renowned, sending an Imperial Assassin will end up turning this individual's people against the very Imperium the Inquisitors are fighting to protect.

The Fists who want to fight the "new imposter Imperium who insultingly worships the Emperor who fought against their practices," can split from those still loyal to humanity, and found the Knights of Progress warband. Naturally, the Revenant Fists are forced to commit a lot of resources to wiping out those renegades.

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

One possible ally for the Revenant Fists, is your own Pacificae. Say the Chaos cults who devastated Pacificae and the nearby shrine world of Occulis, did so because they received visions of a triumphant Thousand Sons army emerging from the Warp to conquer those worlds. (The cultists- who all died before the Astartes returned to the material realm- didn't think the Revenant Fists would win instead.)

BTW I do think an AdMech partnership would be best, considering they have a stolen Tau ship, complete with non-Warp related tech. (They do under-the-table trades with Xenos tech, right? Ah, whatever. If they don't I'll just make a Forge World that does ;))

A forge world whose ruling Magi are allied with radical Inquisitors (the latter are known to use xeno arms and armor, as seen in Sandy Mitchell's Innocence Proves Nothing). The Magi are NOT committing the sin of reverse-engineering- pay no attention to the Tech-priests assembling railguns behind that door- they are studying xeno technology to search for weaknesses which the Imperium's defenders can exploit to defeat the Tau, when the upstart xenos try to force their "Greater Good" upon humanity. The Inquisitors want to use the Tau as "fall guys" when they need to kill an inconvenient individual- planetary governors, lord generals of the Astra Militarum, Puritan Inquisitors- who is so popular or renowned, sending an Imperial Assassin will end up turning this individual's people against the very Imperium the Inquisitors are fighting to protect.

The Fists who want to fight the "new imposter Imperium who insultingly worships the Emperor who fought against their practices," can split from those still loyal to humanity, and found the Knights of Progress warband. Naturally, the Revenant Fists are forced to commit a lot of resources to wiping out those renegades.

By the Emperor, you remember the Knights of Progress? I thought that project was lost to the Warp forever!

As for Pacificae, that is a story not yet finished, and I'd rather not bring the Revenant Fists into the fold for them. (I was thinking about making a rule set for the setting where all those post-apoc 40k factions take place ((post-apocalyptic post-apocalypse!))

If we reeeeeally want to use the current stock of Liber Imperialis allies I've made, I think the Vector Royalists would be a propa' choice. They've already committed so many tech-heresies and such and still been able to avoid traitoris so maybe the Revenant Fists might have more to gain from them. Heretics attract heretics, I guess.