We're Gonna Get a Book!

Using his profile to hit stuff means he's pretty much restricted to running with aggressors (likely in a repulsor since the only alternative is running around on foot)

Using his buff means he's at best when sitting near siegebreaker centurions or some other beefy gunline unit

Using his profile to hit stuff means he's pretty much restricted to running with aggressors (likely in a repulsor since the only alternative is running around on foot)

Using his buff means he's at best when sitting near siegebreaker centurions or some other beefy gunline unit

If he is hanging out with centurions then he will be a good counter charge unit.

If he is hanging out with centurions then he will be a good counter charge unit.

If he is hanging out with centurions then he will be a good counter charge unit

Eh,i'm not so sure.He's still footslogging it and there is more than a chance that the enemy would charge outside of his threat range,or do so in a way that minimizes his impact.

Unless you are placing everything in a castle 12" around him obviously

I just feel the 2 "sides" of him are a bit too much at odds with each other but not planning in a way that makes use of both means he comes out not that great at the end

Edited by Fenriwolf

yeah, i was guessing it would go up for preorder this saturday and be released the following.   Can't wait, but I guess I could.  I want the book, our character, and a couple of impulsors, to round off a few things, but painting the stuff is a bit on hold, I need to get my AoS army finished for a tournament at the end of the month, plus I just broke my needle on my air brush so will need to get that replaced before I can base coat the rest of my fists.   Sigh, if it isn't one thing its another.   Still looking forward to maybe some more Fist reading material.  Gotta keep that inspiration going. 

My game store guy says Saturday October 5th the book drops

Your game store guy must be mistaken. 

If it were to be in the store for sale on the 5th, it would need to be available for pre-order on the 28th. 

If it were going to be in pre-order on the 28th, the 'next week' preview on the 22nd would have shown it as Cyrox mentions. 

October 5th for pre-order is still a possibility, though. 

My local gw manager says end of October. I wouldn't normally believe him, as I know the managers don't normally have much info, but right at the start when the sm codex first went out for pre order he told me all the managers had been shown all six supplement books already and their release dates (although he wouldn't tell me which chapters!). He basically said the only reason we know about it is that it was leaked, otherwise the teasers wouldn't have appeared for a couple of weeks yet.

Just means I have some time to get some painting done, ready for the next release wave. Big decision for me is whether to pay for the limited edition book or not. It seems like a steep price jump for a cover change.

Edited by Red_Shift

Going to start each day cradling my Repulsor and rocking slowly back and forth in the corner of the room if we don't get more leaks soon... Patience is NOT a virtue! That's just something Ultramarines players say after they get all their shiny toys first :(

I do hope the inevitable Bolter Drill Strategem isn't some hideous broken mess. One of the playtesters said he thinks Imperial Fists might be the chapter that puts out the most damage, and while the rules are good so far, I'm mildly worried it'll end up being something like an extra point of damage to a units Bolt Weapons or something insane like that...

Going to start each day cradling my Repulsor and rocking slowly back and forth in the corner of the room if we don't get more leaks soon... Patience is NOT a virtue! That's just something Ultramarines players say after they get all their shiny toys first :(

I do hope the inevitable Bolter Drill Strategem isn't some hideous broken mess. One of the playtesters said he thinks Imperial Fists might be the chapter that puts out the most damage, and while the rules are good so far, I'm mildly worried it'll end up being something like an extra point of damage to a units Bolt Weapons or something insane like that...

I’d be ok with that.

From LordValrak, the following was shared in the News and Rumours thread:

When Devastator doctrine is active and resolving an attack with a Heavy weapon against a vehicle or building, add 1 to damage

So, it's basically what we had all heard from the rumours. 

I'm starting to come a little bit around to it because I think there's potential for the Stratagems, Relics, Psychic powers, and Warlord traits to provide some interesting benefits that make things more fun. However, I don't really like that this is basically worthless against the biggest castle army there is - Tau. 

Edited by Lemondish

While Tau are frequent users of suits instead of vehicles they still have them.

The only army’s that our trait is “worthless” against is daemons and tyranids. But we have bolters for them.

I wanted to bring these rumours across to here rather than clog up the rumour thread with discussion

From the french forum (grain of salt guys):
- Super doctrine as stated +1 dmg vs vehicles and buildings) we already knew this one)
- Psychic powers not crazy and a few geared towards buildings (lol..)
- 1CP strat that all intercessors can throw/launch a grenade
- Other strats geared towards anti tank but nothing concrete.

We have discussed the Doctrine already, seems to me situationally very powerful but we do not control that situation so not game-breaking. Not worthless either; I am not going to be too tempted to bring in another Chapter for their strats and tricks but it may be worth bearing in mind if what we lose is not that relevant to our local meta.

Psychic powers geared to buildings is a bit sad because the fortification rules are a bit sad. It would be nice if IF have enough buffs to make fortifications worth considering but I am not going to bet any money on it.

The grenade strat is nice, I can only see it being used for Krak grenades but a whole bunch of those are actually pretty nasty against light vehicles and smaller monsters. The value on frag just seems too marginal to be worth the CP in most cases.

Yeah, I can see myself using the grenade stratagem occasionally. Single krak grenades don't do enough for me to think about them, but 5-10 at once is a useful addition to the toolbox. Pity I'll probably be in Tactical doctrine by the time I'm pulling it out, because that would synergize nicely with the Devastator doctrine. The doctrine being specific to vehicles (let's face it, the buildings part is just a nod to fluff) doesn't bother me; if any chapter tactic is suited to clearing out chaff, it's ours, and its not like we've lost any of the typical tools to bring down monsters. I'll be interested in seeing the rest of the strategems.

More rumours...grain of salt, but it's from our favourite French rumourmonger.

- Warlord trait for a free orbital Bombardment

- Another warlord trait to gain D3 CP (no indication of whether it's done once or if there's a trigger/another minor component)

- Supposedly Bolter Drill remains a strat, but now 2CP? He specifically says no change, still 2CP which is wrong I think, so I have no idea what he's talking about lol

- Stratagem? for plus one to a cover save