Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chazzmos' Primaris - Bjorn, Contemptor, Lord

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,071 posts

I think they work well. When I saw them on their site, I kind of disliked them for the wings in the sides, which looked very fantasy viking (or even Asterix ) to me. But they match your agressors nicely, probably because they look quite high tech and machine like as well. While they are bit small, I could imagine that they just fit very tightly on the head (maybe they specifically adapt to the wearer).

Yeah, I agree that they are a bit small, but I did imagine them adapting to the wearer.  It's a bit more like a superhero mask!

Really enjoying your army! Fantastic use of primaris

Thank dude!

I don’t mix mine with varnish so maybe that’s why it’s falling apart a bit. But yea it’s for sure something with the ratios. I’d make some base swatches to get it how you like.

It's not exactly varnish that I'm using, it's more just a gloss medium: https://www.eckersle...edium-varnishes  I know use you a gloss gel medium, which probably makes it a bit more icy.  I think it I just mix less of the snow flakes in I should be okay, but like you said, I just need to test it out!

they are a little small and i feel like they clash tonally a little.

otherwise, i find your primaris work super inspiring! your intercessors are perfect! we're on the same page about somethings, i'm finishing up some intercessors myself - your work is making me very anxious to get them done and share. smile.png

Thanks for the feedback, I agree with you on the size bit.  Tonally, do you mean the feel/look of them, or the colour?

I'm really happy with the Intercessors! The only thing is I wish I had enough good heads and time to do them all helmetless.  The easy to build squad looks a bit out of place.

thematic clash, i guess? like, the putting them side by side with your intercessors, they look inconsistent with the look and feel of the rest of your army.

don't want to go too deep on that bit of feedback because it's a minor point and your army is excellent.

Edited by Wispy, 26 August 2019 - 12:30 AM.

Chazzmos

Chazzmos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 288 posts

Heavy Support reinforcements have arrived!

ZDGtrQ0.jpg

ccJAish.jpg

QwIV6RU.jpg

• PeteySödes, Triszin, Dosjetka and 10 others like this

NightHowler

NightHowler

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 990 posts
  • Faction: The Hand at the Gate
Very cool! I absolutely LOVE the Leviathan!!!

"By the River fettered Fenrir will lie till draws nigh the doom of the Gods." - Frey, Lokasenna: 41

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,841 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Excellent work on the Leviathan Dreadnought, Wolf Scouts, and Vindicare Assassin.
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

One Two Wolf

One Two Wolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 107 posts
Fabulous.

Kassill

Kassill

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,037 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka

Excellent work brother msn-wink.gif

Lo, there do I see my fallen kinsmen, Threads cut by the foe I now seek. In bloody battle I will engage him, And carve my vengeance from his flesh. No ale shall pass my lips, At no feast will I indulge. No foe shall stay my wrath, Until my brothers are avenged. Ever shall I hunt my quarry, Across the Sea of Stars. Whilst I yet breathe, I will not falter, Until Morkai claims his due.--Bjorn's Oath of the Lone Wolf

Chazzmos

Chazzmos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 288 posts

Very cool! I absolutely LOVE the Leviathan!!!

Thanks! It's such a great model.  I've got a couple of CC arms for it too that I need to paint up and magentise.

Excellent work on the Leviathan Dreadnought, Wolf Scouts, and Vindicare Assassin.

Cheers Bjorn.  When are we going to see some of your models? :D

Fabulous.

Thanks dude!

Excellent work brother msn-wink.gif

Cheers, this forum is good motivation to keep adding to the army.

Up next will be a bunch of HQ.  I'm planning on a Primaris Ragnar Wolf Lord, a Wolf Lord in Gravis Armour, 2 x Primaris Wolf Priests, and an Ancient.  I'm keen to redo my Wulfen and Hellblasters too.

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,955 posts

Looks amazing! I really dig the style of weathering/damage you used on the Levi and the camo pattern on the eliminators is top notch! Can I get a shot of the backs?

Dantay VI

Dantay VI

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,667 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

The leviathan ooks great, I especially like the detailing on the chest, how did you do that??

ETL 1v2

Jackalwolf

Jackalwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,665 posts
That is freaking sexy!

Chazzmos

Chazzmos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 288 posts

Looks amazing! I really dig the style of weathering/damage you used on the Levi and the camo pattern on the eliminators is top notch! Can I get a shot of the backs?

For sure:

bWb4xc6.jpg

I just did all airbrush:

1. Codex grey
  2. Codex Grey and White ink
  3. Triangles
  4. White ink
  5. Triangles
  6. White ink

If I did it again I'd use smaller triangles and do some more shading or highlighting before step 3 to give it some more depth and volume.

The leviathan ooks great, I especially like the detailing on the chest, how did you do that??

It's just some etched brass from this:http://www.secretwea...&products_id=18

I'd thoroughly recommend it!

That is freaking sexy!

giphy.gif

• TiguriusX, Kassill, NightHowler and 3 others like this

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,071 posts
codex grey is dawnstone now isn't it.

Chazzmos

Chazzmos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 288 posts

Yeah, I think it is.  I've had my Codex Grey for years though, it's heavily thinned in a dropper bottle now.

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,158 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos
I've got to echo the praise on that Leviathan, it's an absolute beauty, Chazzmos!

Those Eliminators are also very cool, and while I'd agree with you on smaller triangles, the ones you have do a decent job of a break-up pattern.

Sweet stuff all around!
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Chazzmos

Chazzmos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 288 posts

Thanks Bryan.  I do love that Leviathan model, it's an absolute unit!

I'm working on some more HQ's now, here is my Wolf Lord in Gravis Armour:

m3Ix9Aq.jpg

• librisrouge, Kassill, Bryan Blaire and 1 other like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,841 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
The Gravis armored Wolf Lord looks most promising.
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Kassill

Kassill

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,037 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka

He looks like a proper Bad @SS, cant wait to see him finished up! 

Lo, there do I see my fallen kinsmen, Threads cut by the foe I now seek. In bloody battle I will engage him, And carve my vengeance from his flesh. No ale shall pass my lips, At no feast will I indulge. No foe shall stay my wrath, Until my brothers are avenged. Ever shall I hunt my quarry, Across the Sea of Stars. Whilst I yet breathe, I will not falter, Until Morkai claims his due.--Bjorn's Oath of the Lone Wolf

Chazzmos

Chazzmos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 288 posts

I'm almost done with the Wolf Lord, I just need to add some snow and mud and glow those runes on his axe.

BRshpeb.jpg

• PeteySödes, Kassill, mercbat and 3 others like this

NightHowler

NightHowler

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 990 posts
  • Faction: The Hand at the Gate
Wow! That guy looks great! Very nicely painted!

"By the River fettered Fenrir will lie till draws nigh the doom of the Gods." - Frey, Lokasenna: 41

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,955 posts

Dang that face! Super badass brother.

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,158 posts
Fantastic looking! I had a similar idea with my Gravis Captain to hold the Banisvatr.
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Jonas Stromclaw

Jonas Stromclaw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,143 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves,

Brilliant work brother! Where's the axe on the gravis lord from?

“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” J R Tolkien

Chazzmos

Chazzmos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 288 posts

Thanks everyone! Does anyone have a suggestion for a name for him?

He looks like a proper Bad @SS, cant wait to see him finished up! 

Thanks buddy, I really wanted a grizzled, old wolf look to him.

Wow! That guy looks great! Very nicely painted!

Thanks, I spent a little bit longer on his face and on the armour highlights than some of my other stuff and I'm happy I did!

Dang that face! Super badass brother.

Cheers Petey!  My goal for this guy was to push the face painting a bit.  I largely followed Darren Latham's contrast tutorial on YouTube for it, and love the ease and result.

Fantastic looking! I had a similar idea with my Gravis Captain to hold the Banisvatr.

Oooh, that's a good idea! Make it into an ebony axe head with some glowing runes...  Unfortunately the Gravis Lord has no options at the moment, but I hope that changes.

Brilliant work brother! Where's the axe on the gravis lord from?

Thanks Jonas!  It's off the Wolf Guard Terminator sprue

The Gravis armored Wolf Lord looks most promising.

Cheers Bjorn, I hope you like the result.

Edited by Chazzmos, 01 October 2019 - 11:39 AM.

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,158 posts

Oooh, that's a good idea! Make it into an ebony axe head with some glowing runes... Unfortunately the Gravis Lord has no options at the moment, but I hope that changes.

I'll admit to having zero interest in the "competitive" scene for 40K, so I really go more by logic, what looks cool, and what friends are good with.

Originally the master-crafted power sword and a frost axe were the same points cost and his Strength is identical to any Wolf Lord with options, so there was really no reason not to figure straight swaps would be fine. Now the frost axe should cost an additional four points and the relic costs a CP, but you are losing AP and a point of damage per hit for the chance of getting 1-3 extra attacks. It really shouldn't be so overpowered that anyone should be concerned...

And I guess if anyone is really concerned about the load out, well, the Wolf Lord in Gravis is locked down by data sheet, so I guess you have a funny looking master-crafted power sword on him. :D
  • Chazzmos likes this

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,955 posts

Name wise my favorite thing is to play a few games and document his exploits. They name themselves if you're patient...

• mercbat likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users