Chazzmos' Wolftime

Chazzmos

Holy cow. Those are gorgeous!!!

Thanks a bunch, I'm loving the update to them in my army.  I can't wait to get them on the table.

These are absolutely amazing.

The colours are perfect.

Cheers :D  Definitely an improvement over my old palette:

KTjkn6b.jpg

I also finished off my Ragnar:

CKLmYWf.jpg

And the base and runes on my Wolf Lord:

Y8Q2bPu.jpg

Excellent work! Dig those characters a ton man!

Thanks Petey, it's so nice to have models you're excited about putting on the table!

Everything turned out great!

Cheers Bryan, it was fun trying a few new things on these and I'm glad I did..

Excellent lighting effects on the shield on those runes looks super cool, the rest of the models are really well done too!

Thanks! It's the first time I've tried it, and they definitely pop more in person.  I followed some of PeteySodes advice on glowing runes, but tried to use a Vallejo Fluro paint, which was really hard to airbrush and I had to use white ink first.  Basically, there was a lot of trial and error.  More error than anything!

Those all are fantastic! Really incredible work... such a sense of atmosphere and character!

What a great compliment.  I'm definitely edging more into the 'grimdark' atmosphere after painting quite brightly and cleanly for quite a while and I'm loving it!

• 1 month later...

Righteo! On to the next portion of my Space Wolves... some Infiltrators and other Phobos stuff.  I need some advice though.

First up are the HQ, I'm happy with these:

VxPaP5Vl.jpgoYZ0wKSl.jpg

And then I've got the Infiltrators, and I'm weighing up which helmets to use.  I've got some MK2, MK3 and some crow helmets.  I'm keen to hear which ones fit and look okay.  I really wanted the crow heads to work, but their proportions looks off to me.

MK2 Helmets (my favourite)

fXJ4bUR.jpg

MK3 Helmets

mB6SV14.jpg

Crow Helmets

ZQTLZgs.jpg

Edited by Chazzmos

Y'all are really making me jealous with those Deathsworn helms... they look soooo nice, but so frustrating you can't get just those helms.

To me, the Mk3 helms are the only ones that would fit.

I just bought 10 Deathsworn helms on ebay for like 30$, I got the SW battle box so I wanted to give those helms to the 10 marines I got in it. The guy I got it from has alot more for sale, here's the link. Say's he has more than 10 available. Not trying to derail the thread but just offering some help, carry on ;)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Space-Wolves-Legion-Deathsworn-Wolf-Upgrade-Helmet-NEW-10x-40K-Bits/362691745156?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Edited by Kolgrim DeathHowl

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys! It's amazing how much easier an airbrush makes some models.  For this guy, I was able to prime black, add some greys from above, then use white ink on the skulls and wings.  I felt like I was halfway there after 10 minutes!

I only realised after painting him that should have made him more of a Wolf Priest Dreadnought!

Do not like the Raven heads at all.

I like the mark 2 World Eater heads but might look better with the spikes down the centre trimmed off.

The Imperial Fist mark 3 heads look good. I have used them plenty on my Wolves and painted. "spectacles" around the lenses to give the helmets a more Viking feel.

If you are in the UK and can wait 2 weeks till I get home, I have plenty of the plastic Burning of Prosper mark 3 heads which may look better still.

Failing that mark 4 helmets look wicked, but a it too close to Primaris helmets if you are going for a different vibe.

Lastly KF studio do really nice wolf skull helmets but are a bit pricy.

Edited by Dantay VI

Thanks for the kind offer Dantay VI, and the feedback.  I'm over in Australia, so a bit far for those sweet MKIII heads!  I'm going with the MKII heads for now, but have just dabbed a tiny bit of glue so they'll be easy to change if I want to try something different.

I hadn't considered MKIV helmets, but they look really cool!

I tried the raven heads on some suppressors and they looks a lot better.