Chazzmos' Wolftime

Chazzmos

Oh man, another beautiful conversion I may have to try and steal!

Do it :D  It's just one of the axes from the Wulfen kit.  The only really tricky bit was greenstuffing over the left wolf claw to make it look like a glove, it'd probably be easier to find some gloved hands to glue on instead.

Would love to know how you painted the axe blade.

It was the easiest part!  I just painted the whole axe head with a dark blue (I think it was Macragge Blue with a spot of black), then drybrushed VMC Glacier Blue with a makeup brush, then went with a very light drybrush and edge highlight of VMC Off-White.  Finishing step was just glazing a tiny bit of black into where the axe head joins the haft.    I think it works better with textured blades like this one, but I'll definitely do it again.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Morning fellow Fenrisians.

I had a great weekend playing in my first GT with 30 people.  I finished 3rd and took home the prize for best painted army which I was really pleased with.  The winner was another Space Wolves player that I lost to in the fourth round.  He had many many TWC and three units of Long Fangs that really put the hurt on me!

Here is the army I took:

spArrTM.jpg

@Triszin @Brojn Thank you very much :D

@Bryan I do love me my dreadnoughts, and I'm happy I've got three Redemptors now

@Dantay VI Thanks Dantay, it's certainly been a labour of love and I enjoy using them so much!

@Ranulf He had 2x5 with Grav Cannons in a drop pod, and 1x5 with Multi-Meltas.  He had a cherub in each squad and used a Master of Sanctity with Catechism of Fire (+1 to wound) and Recitation of Focus (+1 to hit)

I was also glad to have my Wolf Priest on bike running around, his manueverability is fantastic!

FESAmHV.jpg

Thanks everyone, I've still got the fire burning for this army, even though it's getting pretty massive now.

@Bryan I'm on the Primaris train (TOOT TOOT!), but you can pickup some pretty cheap 2nd hand drop pods if you don't have one!

I've got a couple of bits and bobs to finish off on my TWC, but I'm hapy with the outcome.  The wolves themselves have a lot of colour underneath them, but from the top look a little too black and get lost a bit:

hRdlM3L.jpg

Yes, they project a force field. The weapon claws also have force fields to rip armour apart. But what bogus article did you link? It's called enginSeer, not engineer. You should appease your machine spirit with incense and a prayer of correctification ;) Edited by Ragnar69