Chazzmos' Wolftime

Chazzmos

I think they work well. When I saw them on their site, I kind of disliked them for the wings in the sides, which looked very fantasy viking (or even Asterix ) to me. But they match your agressors nicely, probably because they look quite high tech and machine like as well. While they are bit small, I could imagine that they just fit very tightly on the head (maybe they specifically adapt to the wearer).

Yeah, I agree that they are a bit small, but I did imagine them adapting to the wearer.  It's a bit more like a superhero mask!

Really enjoying your army! Fantastic use of primaris

Thank dude!

I don’t mix mine with varnish so maybe that’s why it’s falling apart a bit. But yea it’s for sure something with the ratios. I’d make some base swatches to get it how you like.

It's not exactly varnish that I'm using, it's more just a gloss medium: https://www.eckersleys.com.au/liquitex-gloss-medium-varnishes  I know use you a gloss gel medium, which probably makes it a bit more icy.  I think it I just mix less of the snow flakes in I should be okay, but like you said, I just need to test it out!

they are a little small and i feel like they clash tonally a little.

otherwise, i find your primaris work super inspiring! your intercessors are perfect! we're on the same page about somethings, i'm finishing up some intercessors myself - your work is making me very anxious to get them done and share. :smile.:

Thanks for the feedback, I agree with you on the size bit.  Tonally, do you mean the feel/look of them, or the colour?

I'm really happy with the Intercessors! The only thing is I wish I had enough good heads and time to do them all helmetless.  The easy to build squad looks a bit out of place.

thematic clash, i guess? like, the putting them side by side with your intercessors, they look inconsistent with the look and feel of the rest of your army.

don't want to go too deep on that bit of feedback because it's a minor point and your army is excellent.

Edited by Wispy

• 3 weeks later...

Very cool! I absolutely LOVE the Leviathan!!!

Thanks! It's such a great model.  I've got a couple of CC arms for it too that I need to paint up and magentise.

Excellent work on the Leviathan Dreadnought, Wolf Scouts, and Vindicare Assassin.

Cheers Bjorn.  When are we going to see some of your models? :D

Fabulous.

Thanks dude!

Excellent work brother :wink:

Cheers, this forum is good motivation to keep adding to the army.

Up next will be a bunch of HQ.  I'm planning on a Primaris Ragnar Wolf Lord, a Wolf Lord in Gravis Armour, 2 x Primaris Wolf Priests, and an Ancient.  I'm keen to redo my Wulfen and Hellblasters too.

Looks amazing! I really dig the style of weathering/damage you used on the Levi and the camo pattern on the eliminators is top notch! Can I get a shot of the backs?

For sure:

bWb4xc6.jpg

I just did all airbrush:

1. Codex grey
  2. Codex Grey and White ink
  3. Triangles
  4. White ink
  5. Triangles
  6. White ink

If I did it again I'd use smaller triangles and do some more shading or highlighting before step 3 to give it some more depth and volume.

The leviathan ooks great, I especially like the detailing on the chest, how did you do that??

It's just some etched brass from this:http://www.secretweaponminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=18

I'd thoroughly recommend it!

That is freaking sexy!

giphy.gif

I've got to echo the praise on that Leviathan, it's an absolute beauty, Chazzmos!

Those Eliminators are also very cool, and while I'd agree with you on smaller triangles, the ones you have do a decent job of a break-up pattern.

Sweet stuff all around!

Thanks everyone! Does anyone have a suggestion for a name for him?

He looks like a proper Bad @SS, cant wait to see him finished up! 

Thanks buddy, I really wanted a grizzled, old wolf look to him.

Wow! That guy looks great! Very nicely painted!

Thanks, I spent a little bit longer on his face and on the armour highlights than some of my other stuff and I'm happy I did!

Dang that face! Super badass brother.

Cheers Petey!  My goal for this guy was to push the face painting a bit.  I largely followed Darren Latham's contrast tutorial on YouTube for it, and love the ease and result.

Fantastic looking! I had a similar idea with my Gravis Captain to hold the Banisvatr.

Oooh, that's a good idea! Make it into an ebony axe head with some glowing runes...  Unfortunately the Gravis Lord has no options at the moment, but I hope that changes.

Brilliant work brother! Where's the axe on the gravis lord from?

Thanks Jonas!  It's off the Wolf Guard Terminator sprue

The Gravis armored Wolf Lord looks most promising.

Cheers Bjorn, I hope you like the result.

Edited by Chazzmos

Oooh, that's a good idea! Make it into an ebony axe head with some glowing runes... Unfortunately the Gravis Lord has no options at the moment, but I hope that changes.

I'll admit to having zero interest in the "competitive" scene for 40K, so I really go more by logic, what looks cool, and what friends are good with.

Originally the master-crafted power sword and a frost axe were the same points cost and his Strength is identical to any Wolf Lord with options, so there was really no reason not to figure straight swaps would be fine. Now the frost axe should cost an additional four points and the relic costs a CP, but you are losing AP and a point of damage per hit for the chance of getting 1-3 extra attacks. It really shouldn't be so overpowered that anyone should be concerned...

And I guess if anyone is really concerned about the load out, well, the Wolf Lord in Gravis is locked down by data sheet, so I guess you have a funny looking master-crafted power sword on him. :D