Chazzmos' Wolftime

Chazzmos

Name wise my favorite thing is to play a few games and document his exploits. They name themselves if you're patient...

I vote for this method too. If they doesn’t get name at “birth”, they earn it themselves. I had a Grey Hunter, called “Blind” after a kill-team campaign, as protection from evil-eye. He was a master of single bolter shots at full range that weren’t armour-saved nine times of ten.

I like the idea of naming him after his deeds, I'll get him on the table and see what he can do.

My biggest issue at the moment is how to get my Primaris force into combat! I play a bit against Tau and Admech, and they don't really like to come to me...  I expect my Gravis captain to be the sole surivior of a foot slog across the table and then killed from overwatch.

@Bryan  I don't think my group will mind a model with an axe that just uses a sword profile, but a relic wouldn't fly :(

@Bryan  I don't think my group will mind a model with an axe that just uses a sword profile, but a relic wouldn't fly :(

That's too bad - it would be nice if folks had more open minds still in playing this game, especially since you can actually pay the costs for everything. I mean it's not like you're asking to drop a Knight or three with CP batteries down on the table. Could at least play it a few times to really see if it's so overpowered that it can't possibly be played against.

He still looks awesome, and gives me a good idea for my own conversion!

• 2 weeks later...

I love that wolf priest! Too cool.

Thanks NightHowler.  I really quite like the model and didn't want to change too much about it.

Excellent work on the Wolf Priest. Primaris Ragnar looks promising.

Thanks Bjorn.  I wanted a model I could use as Ragnar or a Wolf Lord and he seems to fit the bill!

I really like the Primaris Ragnar, might have to borrow some ideas there, well done! :smile.:

Thanks Duregar, I hope you like the almost finished product:

t7TtdR4.jpg

I just need to do the base, add some runes to his banner, and maybe try to write 'FROSTFANG' on that honking big chainsword!

It's a worthy Ragnar, no doubt. Good job!!

Cheers Ranulf.  Seeing the enlarged photo makes me more aware of the deficiencies than the good bits, but I feel I'm still improving with each model.

Very nice take! Hitting the important beats without being too derivative. Love it!

That's a nice way of putting it Petey!  I picked the key iconography (shoulder pads, head, backpack, chainsword) and then adapted.  It was more just to fit the base model, but took a lot of inspiration from Cilu's.

Nice! Well done!

Cheers QuarterPounder!

gorgeous work! 

Thank you very much, I'm glad you like him :D

Thanks Kolgrim!  They were my first army also, and this iteration looks very different from those first forays into the Wolves.

I'm now working on 8 x Wulfen with Thunderhammers and a couple with frost claws so I can take two packs:

f2xD3J8.jpg

I've definitely sped up on my fur sculpting which is really helpful!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice conversions so far!

Cheers Kolgrigm :D

Nice Ragnar well done!

I like the Wolf Priest too.

Thanks Kakendoomcool!  I LOVE your 12 Wolf lords, and you did a magnificent job with your conversion of him.  I've got a feeling a Primaris Ragnar will be coming soon for us...

On to other things... I've been using my Bjorn conversion from a Redemptor, and while he looks great, he's far to big for a character model that can't be targeted.  I'm considering making a conversion from the new Abaddon model, which would be a good size. This was some good inspiration: https://40kc.bantamworlds.com/my-new-deathwatch-terminator-captain

Does anyone have any suggestions on this?  

I've been using my Bjorn conversion from a Redemptor, and while he looks great, he's far to big for a character model that can't be targeted.  I'm considering making a conversion from the new Abaddon model, which would be a good size.

Do you mean a conversion of Bjorn as a person prior to being put in the Dread, or you want to use Abaddon as the basis for a Dread?

If the latter, my suggestion would be to use a Contemptor as the basis instead. If it's the former, I don't know that I have any useful ideas, but damn that will look awesome! Need a lot of trim removal or slimming down, but maybe you can turn the demon face on the greaves into a wolf's?

I mean a conversion as a person prior to being put in the Dreadnought.  I'm more of a 'rule of cool' guy and just think a big space wolf based on Abaddon using Bjorns ruleset would be sweet!  I might even name him something else and just use Bjorn's rules...

I'm thinking this stance is better:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3kb8K8nL4I/

Then with the assault cannon and the claw hanging down.  Mind you, that looks great with that bolter, I could just use that as a 'counts as' assault cannon.

The idea is strange to me, but it’s cool if that’s what you want to do!

I really love that Wolf Priest, and now you’re another person enticing me with wolf-skull heads to use various places! Primaris Ragnar is very nice as well, and makes a good Wolf Lord regardless.

I like converting things and using whatever rules best fit it as long as the whole army fits within the ruleset and codexes.  I think the old Bjorn model looks very dated, but my Redemptor conversion is too big, so a big dude with an assault cannon and claw that counts as Bjorn is my next option :D

Those wolf-skull heads are amazing, they fit so well with the Primaris range!

I've also got some WIP on my Wulfen:

C5YySlK.jpg