Chazzmos' Wolftime

Chazzmos

Looking good :thumbsup:

Cheers! I'm still loving the look of this army, it's still got my hobby juices flowing.

As funny as they are, the raven helmets work suprisingly well for suppressors ^^

Where are they from?

Yeah, I was very dubious after seeing how bad they looked on the Infiltrators, but they kind of fit the Suppressors.  They are from Zinge Industries I think.

I agree, it'll come down to the paint i think!

No pressure... :wink:

I'm feeling it! What do you think for the colour? I was thinking black with some boney grey highlights at the tip of the beak, but I'm not sure.

Your models are all well-posed, especially the Contemptor.

Thanks Bjorn! I made a pretty statically posed Leviathan, but wanted my Contemptor to be charging into the fray!

Looking good so far

Cheers :biggrin.:

Yeah, that's definitely the other option.  I think I'll go with that first (same colour as the armour) and then see how it looks.  I don't want them to stick out too much from the painting, as the shape and size makes them stick out a lot already!

That sounds like good advice, I'll give it a go.

I finished some other bits and pieces recently, including my second squad of Wulfen. I kind of wish I'd made 1 or 2 with an axe after the points drop:

FfRmiih.jpg

D69r1Ej.jpg

And excitingly, I also have my first squad of Infiltrators to put on the table! They did a great job in the first game they played, just holding some middle ground with a Phobos Rune Priest until the cavalry arrived.

aE0rGWB.jpg

Those are beautiful! Very well done.

Thank you very much :D

Excellent works on the Wulfen and Reivers.

Cheers Bjorn!

damn your fast, those look great

Thanks Wispy.  I got them done over December and January, but only got around to basing them last night.

I've also got a Wolf Guard Battle Leader with a Thunderwolf that I'm keen to show, I just need to base him also.

Here is my next leader, a yet to be named Wolf Guard Battle Leader:

9vxD6SD.jpg

He's also got a furry friend who he can sic on to his enemies:

KdUdrb3.jpg

And together they run:

PA0O72n.jpg

I like the Wulfen a lot... Great job overall.

Thanks Einar!

So speedy

I'm definitely speeding up on my painting, but it's a fair bit of corner cutting and broad techniques.  I'm more of an army painter and gamer than model presenter, so I'm happy with the balance.

I love the Big Furry Friend with room on the base to add the WGBL. Beautifully painted and based! I love it!

Thanks NightHowler.  I can even swap it out for different characters.  Turns out everyone looks better with a wolf next to them!

Excellent works. As for the Wolf Guard Battle Leader's name, how about using one of Thor's sons and Mjolnir's inheritors, Modi or Magni, as a namesake? According to their Wikipedia article, Modi means "Courage," Magni means "Mighty."

Oooh, Modi is great, and I've got another one I could name Magni.  Love it.

On to another side project...

I love my big Bjorn the Fell-Handed, converted from a Redemptor Dreadnought, but he's just way too big during games to be a character that can't be targeted.  To address this, I thought I'd make a reBjorn, Bjorn-again, etc... from a Gravis base.  Originally I was looking at Abaddon, but he was a bit too chaotic and didn't have the pose I was looking for.  After a bit of thinking, I realised Tor Garadon has got all the necessary equipment:

• Big gun
  • Powerful cc weapon
  • Inbuilt gun/flamer thing

So a bit of chopping, head swapping, greenstuffing, and bit gluing, I finished up with:

yTpcK0h.jpg

a74I5px.jpg

infmGKb.jpg