Chazzmos' Wolftime

Chazzmos

The idea makes my soul hurt, but it’s a great job! :biggrin.:

Sorry Petey, I do love your soul, but I love my rule of cool more!

That model looks phenomenal. I absolutely love it. 5 stars for rule of cool.

Would I want you to play it against me as a “counts as Bjorn”? Probably not, but damn I like the way it looks.

Thanks dude!  My group is pretty easy on 'counts as'. I did put him on a raised 60mm base, so he's a similar height to Bjorn at least.  Just out of interest, what would stop you wanting me to use him?

Personally, I think the twin lascannon would be more appropriate on Terminator armor. Nonetheless, good job on your Bjorn. Will he count as a Primaris Marine in-game?

Yeah, it's definitely a mash of lore!  Primaris armour and cut down Ryza Pattern lascannons.

epic! and nice sculpting - did you give it a go after all?

Cheers! I'm really enjoying looking at him, he looks very imposing.  I didn't try your technique on him :sad.: I lost confidence and just went with what I know but tried to tighten up the hair strands a bit.

I can't button-like anymore today apparently, but I really dig the new battle leader, especially the face.

Cheers mate! The stormhammer one? I just used a Primaris upgrade head and put on a large, but neat, beard.

Absolutely love that Bjorn! Where did you get the head from?

Thanks Reede, he is a much loved Space Wolf figure for sure. The head is from Puppetswar.

Thanks dude!  My group is pretty easy on 'counts as'. I did put him on a raised 60mm base, so he's a similar height to Bjorn at least.  Just out of interest, what would stop you wanting me to use him?

I should qualify first by saying it’s a very conditional and pretty soft “probably not”.

Conditional because the rule of cool is in play. Your model looks majestic, flipping awesome, I love it. If it didn’t look so good, it would be a hard no to “counts-as” for me.

Soft because it really depends on the setting.

If you brought your army over to my house to play a beer and pretzels game (the original heart and soul of 40k if you ask me, but that’s a whole other discussion), I’d say “sure!”.

If it was a pickup game at our FLGS, I’d probably raise an eyebrow and need a pretty good background story for why a model in Primaris armor was S12, T8, W8, M8.

If it was a tournament, we’d be back to a hard no.

Super cool model, and great for fun games, but in my humble and personal opinion, I feel like (for games that have something on the line) the stats should sort of fit the model but (for fun/friendly games) I can usually suspend my disbelief.

I hope this makes sense. And please remember, I definitely don’t want to change your mind because I would hate for my stupid opinion to ever rob anyone of their ability to enjoy their hobby.

Last two words: awesome model

@Nighthowler That all makes perfect sense and is well articulated, and I'm just interested in hearing different perspectives. I'm mostly on the beer and pretzels, but depending on which one of my friends I'm playing, there's varying levels of competitiveness. In this case, they'd want to know if it had any meaningful impact on the rules (e.g. base size, etc.). Thanks for the props on the model as well, he feels pretty unique!

@Kolgrim Cheers dude! I usually only play 1000 point games with my friends on a 4x4 table to keep game times down, but I couldn't resist doubling up my Wulfen units!

I'm making a bit of progress on my next units, including shoulder pads and transfers:

7QaLs1z.jpg

I've knocked out 10 more Infiltrators to join the first 5.  It's nice to have 3 squads now if I feel like filling out a battalion.  They are such great models, I really like the poses and character of these guys.

wITp0IB.jpg

EDIT: apologies for the photo quality, that looks terrible!

Edited by Chazzmos

Yea they’re turning out really nice! I dig the raven heads with the paint and my issues with the positions are helped with the more elaborate basing.

Thanks Petey.  Yeah, the positions on the Suppressors are really jarring, they don't look like smooth flying and repulsor using marines at all.  I think the rocky bases look like they're a bit low-gravity in their movements, which I can imagine.

Regarding the heads, I'm not sure about how to do the lenses, as there's nothing sculpted in there, it's just a flat area.  I think I'll still try the red, but it might look a bit flat.

Good job on the new model. Where'd you get the raven mask?

Ta! I got them from Zinge Industries.

I'm well on my way with my Phobos Wolf Lord, I'm going to try and spend a bit of time on his cape and texture it a bit. His face and hair also need some work, as do the metallics.

UdfaMNK.jpg

And another WGBL to run next a wolf (or swap the hammer out and jump in an Impulsor if I ever get one!)

dUCCAVY.jpg

He looks suitably stealthy and very gritty, nice

Ta! I'm loving the Phobos models and some of their poses.

Wow! He looks great!

Thanks NightHowler, those Deathsworn heads definitely make a difference.

Outstanding work

Cheers :biggrin.:

Excellent work on the Reiver.

Thanks Bjorn!