Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Chazzmos' Primaris Wolves - Sons of Heimdallr

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

ranulf the revenant

ranulf the revenant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 465 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
I can't button-like anymore today apparently, but I really dig the new battle leader, especially the face.

Edited by ranulf the revenant, 14 January 2020 - 09:15 AM.

Your friendly neighbourhood murder husky happy.png.

Reede

Reede

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 184 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka

Absolutely love that Bjorn! Where did you get the head from?

Chazzmos

Chazzmos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 275 posts

The idea makes my soul hurt, but it’s a great job! biggrin.png

Sorry Petey, I do love your soul, but I love my rule of cool more!

That model looks phenomenal. I absolutely love it. 5 stars for rule of cool.

Would I want you to play it against me as a “counts as Bjorn”? Probably not, but damn I like the way it looks.

Thanks dude!  My group is pretty easy on 'counts as'. I did put him on a raised 60mm base, so he's a similar height to Bjorn at least.  Just out of interest, what would stop you wanting me to use him?

Personally, I think the twin lascannon would be more appropriate on Terminator armor. Nonetheless, good job on your Bjorn. Will he count as a Primaris Marine in-game?

Yeah, it's definitely a mash of lore!  Primaris armour and cut down Ryza Pattern lascannons.

epic! and nice sculpting - did you give it a go after all?

Cheers! I'm really enjoying looking at him, he looks very imposing.  I didn't try your technique on him sad.png I lost confidence and just went with what I know but tried to tighten up the hair strands a bit.

I can't button-like anymore today apparently, but I really dig the new battle leader, especially the face.

Cheers mate! The stormhammer one? I just used a Primaris upgrade head and put on a large, but neat, beard.

Absolutely love that Bjorn! Where did you get the head from?

Thanks Reede, he is a much loved Space Wolf figure for sure. The head is from Puppetswar.
  • PeteySödes and Bryan Blaire like this

NightHowler

NightHowler

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 955 posts
  • Faction: The Hand at the Gate

Thanks dude!  My group is pretty easy on 'counts as'. I did put him on a raised 60mm base, so he's a similar height to Bjorn at least.  Just out of interest, what would stop you wanting me to use him?

I should qualify first by saying it’s a very conditional and pretty soft “probably not”.

Conditional because the rule of cool is in play. Your model looks majestic, flipping awesome, I love it. If it didn’t look so good, it would be a hard no to “counts-as” for me.

Soft because it really depends on the setting.

If you brought your army over to my house to play a beer and pretzels game (the original heart and soul of 40k if you ask me, but that’s a whole other discussion), I’d say “sure!”.

If it was a pickup game at our FLGS, I’d probably raise an eyebrow and need a pretty good background story for why a model in Primaris armor was S12, T8, W8, M8.

If it was a tournament, we’d be back to a hard no.

Super cool model, and great for fun games, but in my humble and personal opinion, I feel like (for games that have something on the line) the stats should sort of fit the model but (for fun/friendly games) I can usually suspend my disbelief.

I hope this makes sense. And please remember, I definitely don’t want to change your mind because I would hate for my stupid opinion to ever rob anyone of their ability to enjoy their hobby.

Last two words: awesome model
  • Chazzmos likes this

"By the River fettered Fenrir will lie till draws nigh the doom of the Gods." - Frey, Lokasenna: 41

Kolgrim DeathHowl

Kolgrim DeathHowl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,368 posts

Excellent painting and conversions so far!! The Wulfen were nicely done, looking forward to see more to come!

• Chazzmos likes this

gallery_48988_15094_2023.pnggallery_48988_15094_3504.png

Chazzmos

Chazzmos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 275 posts
@Nighthowler That all makes perfect sense and is well articulated, and I'm just interested in hearing different perspectives. I'm mostly on the beer and pretzels, but depending on which one of my friends I'm playing, there's varying levels of competitiveness. In this case, they'd want to know if it had any meaningful impact on the rules (e.g. base size, etc.). Thanks for the props on the model as well, he feels pretty unique!

@Kolgrim Cheers dude! I usually only play 1000 point games with my friends on a 4x4 table to keep game times down, but I couldn't resist doubling up my Wulfen units!

I'm making a bit of progress on my next units, including shoulder pads and transfers:
7QaLs1z.jpg
  • mercbat, NightHowler and GrFlur like this

ranulf the revenant

ranulf the revenant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 465 posts

Cheers mate! The stormhammer one? I just used a Primaris upgrade head and put on a large, but neat, beard.

Ah, I see. Good job on the beard then 🙂.

NightHowler

NightHowler

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 955 posts
Now that they’re painted I’m liking those raven helmets a lot more.

Also, I don’t remember if I mentioned it yet or not, but I love that shade of grey.

"By the River fettered Fenrir will lie till draws nigh the doom of the Gods." - Frey, Lokasenna: 41

Chazzmos

Chazzmos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 275 posts

I've knocked out 10 more Infiltrators to join the first 5.  It's nice to have 3 squads now if I feel like filling out a battalion.  They are such great models, I really like the poses and character of these guys.

wITp0IB.jpg

EDIT: apologies for the photo quality, that looks terrible!

Edited by Chazzmos, 29 January 2020 - 10:07 AM.

• svane jotunsbane, Triszin, librisrouge and 5 others like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,485 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Good job on the Infiltrators.
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Chazzmos

Chazzmos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 275 posts

Thanks Bjorn!

I forgot the other squad:

8GLDexD.jpg

• svane jotunsbane, Bjorn Firewalker and Bryan Blaire like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,485 posts
Again, good job.
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Chazzmos

Chazzmos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 275 posts
sDRSXVq.jpg
Almost done with my first one of these, don't mind them so much now

Edited by Chazzmos, 02 February 2020 - 10:43 AM.

• svane jotunsbane, Triszin, NightHowler and 2 others like this

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,782 posts
Yea they’re turning out really nice! I dig the raven heads with the paint and my issues with the positions are helped with the more elaborate basing.

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,485 posts
Good job on the new model. Where'd you get the raven mask?

Chazzmos

Chazzmos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 275 posts

Yea they’re turning out really nice! I dig the raven heads with the paint and my issues with the positions are helped with the more elaborate basing.

Thanks Petey.  Yeah, the positions on the Suppressors are really jarring, they don't look like smooth flying and repulsor using marines at all.  I think the rocky bases look like they're a bit low-gravity in their movements, which I can imagine.

Regarding the heads, I'm not sure about how to do the lenses, as there's nothing sculpted in there, it's just a flat area.  I think I'll still try the red, but it might look a bit flat.

Good job on the new model. Where'd you get the raven mask?

Ta! I got them from Zinge Industries.

Kolgrim DeathHowl

Kolgrim DeathHowl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,368 posts

Great job painting, they look amazing!!

• Chazzmos likes this

gallery_48988_15094_2023.pnggallery_48988_15094_3504.png

Chazzmos

Chazzmos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 275 posts

Thanks @Kolgrim :D

We're a bit quiet in here at the moment... I've got a Phobos WGBL I'm almost finished with.  Still needs some more highlights and some coloured doodads on his chest:

VUNrUhR.jpg

• Kolgrim DeathHowl, PeteySödes, Triszin and 8 others like this

ranulf the revenant

ranulf the revenant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 465 posts
He looks suitably stealthy and very gritty, nice 🙂

NightHowler

NightHowler

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 955 posts
Wow! He looks great!

betrayer41

betrayer41

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,013 posts

Outstanding work

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,485 posts
Excellent work on the Reiver.

Chazzmos

Chazzmos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 275 posts
I'm well on my way with my Phobos Wolf Lord, I'm going to try and spend a bit of time on his cape and texture it a bit. His face and hair also need some work, as do the metallics.
UdfaMNK.jpg

And another WGBL to run next a wolf (or swap the hammer out and jump in an Impulsor if I ever get one!)
dUCCAVY.jpg

He looks suitably stealthy and very gritty, nice

Ta! I'm loving the Phobos models and some of their poses.

Wow! He looks great!

Thanks NightHowler, those Deathsworn heads definitely make a difference.

Outstanding work

Cheers biggrin.png

Excellent work on the Reiver.

Thanks Bjorn!
  • PeteySödes, Triszin, Bjorn Firewalker and 2 others like this

Krakendoomcool

Krakendoomcool

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 648 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves, Orks, Nurgle
What a lovely army you have here!

You're doing some fantastic things with the new range of primaris. I'm feeling my resistance to crossing the Rubicon is being tested!

Great job.

Making all 12 Wolf Lords...
https://krakendoomcool.wordpress.com/

47593d52-8a58-4d9b-abd7-c2a72581f5eb.jpea0a1891b-a713-4a4f-9124-f6e4871d8b61.jpe8df25d48-6727-4181-9997-4827ce8edf52.jpe7f8d2050-390b-4ae7-a0a4-6dd1d11d01b0.jpe85c1fe14-c7ed-43dd-b69c-6e1d8d6cc490.jpe01942f24-c98c-4db5-845a-dfc2b9cf041f.jpe761ab981-1062-4b88-ac8e-68f44a838463.jpebadd774f-5a86-42ea-868e-9584c3f0f851.jpe85afd8c8-ac90-4e55-afe3-98c1de7301e5.jpe29ae58a9-2f5e-46d5-913b-2b2c56839aee.jpea4dc4b48-a388-4c9e-a5fb-02614327dc04.jpeimg_20200216_223436-e1581893367990.jpg?w
b2d77c41-deca-4051-8852-53993d4bee87.jpef896bac7-7190-47ae-8d0c-ea69cb3a626a.jpe90a4f65b-f5a1-488c-80b2-279c452a7fbf.jpe9185d63c-4250-4039-88e1-a2bdc3f0eeef.jpe0d032c76-9e2a-430a-a8d9-ec6316111140.jpe311cae32-0589-42c1-a43a-5d258d9a8e9e.jpe60e0c052-cc66-4397-8868-744d71f2033e.jpe66c02a85-16c7-4a0d-a3b5-6d9a97869bab.jpe6c8f9d56-394b-41b0-9731-70c9811c967a.jpea4f4ad04-d4c3-4b22-8c41-cb4249acd79f.jpe573d749e-9b53-4bcb-a237-1d563c325b70.jpeimg_20200216_223414.jpg?w=49&h=50

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,485 posts
Again, excellent works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users